Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Tip for fresh 120 trying to spam Normal Dungeons

If you queue for random dungeons you get a 50 min queue.
    But for some reason if you queue for Specific Dungeons and mark only the ones marked as between levels 110-120, you get instant queues.
    Sometimes i only wait 3-5min.

Also queue alone, because for some reason when i tried to queue with someone else the queue got a little bit bigger. (could be coincidence)

Sorry if this is obvious and everyone already knew about this.

Most people only que for dungeon quests during leveling so it makes sense.

Here's another tip: if you have a tanking spec - use it.

Tanking is one of the easiest things to do in this entire game, it seems intimidating at first, but not only is it simple and dumb, but it's INCREDIBLY fast to level.

My tip at the moment? literally everyone is inviting DH's since they fucking WRECK in dps (even at 111) you REALLY need to level a DH and tank on it.

Since you WILL dictate your group makeup when it comes to mythics.. ALWAYS invite members of your own class in other specs, so you can grab an OS weapon.

Same goes for ilvl. as a tank, you can pretty much choose to take a 330 over a 325, they'll beg you for a spot and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Mythics aren't difficult. it's a huge time-gate and gear-gate at the moment of your OWN making. you NEED gear. it doesn't MATTER that it's going to be tanking gear. you can ALWAYS queue as dps at a later point. but at least get to mythics before deciding.

It's like having a fucking power-trip.

t. someone that has finished all mythics AND is a first time tank.
    Last edited by JohnnyMccrum; 2018-08-19 at 10:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post

Tanking is one of the easiest things to do in this entire game, it seems intimidating at first, but not only is it simple and dumb, but it's INCREDIBLY fast to level.

My tip at the moment? literally everyone is inviting DH's since they fucking WRECK in dps (even at 111) you REALLY need to level a DH and tank on it.

Since you WILL dictate your group makeup when it comes to mythics.. ALWAYS invite members of your own class in other specs, so you can grab an OS weapon.

Same goes for ilvl. as a tank, you can pretty much choose to take a 330 over a 325, they'll beg you for a spot and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Mythics aren't difficult. it's a huge time-gate and gear-gate at the moment of your OWN making. you NEED gear. it doesn't MATTER that it's going to be tanking gear. you can ALWAYS queue as dps at a later point. but at least get to mythics before deciding.

It's like having a fucking power-trip.

t. someone that has finished all mythics AND is a first time tank.
    I dont like the responsibility of the survival of an entire raid
    I tried in Legion to main Tank and i didnt like it...even though it came with some perks (inst queues all the time)

Also there is nothing worse than a day 1 noob tank who doesnt know any tactics.
    Everyone will hate you

Quote Originally Posted by keyone01 View Post
    Most people only que for dungeon quests during leveling so it makes sense.
    It doesnt make sense. If there is you and 4 other pepole in queue pool, and these 4 people queue for Freehold (for example) and you random, it should be as fast as if these people queued for random too. TBH it should be faster if everyone queued random, since then the system has no bounds when it comes to matching (can match 5 players for whatever dungeon).

Except that people queuing for dungeons for which they have a quest, get preference over players that do not. Hence why this might work.

Deleted
    I had to lvl up my tank too, because it was impossible to gear the mage in under 6 weeks with 2+ hours queue times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluimerstand View Post
    Except that people queuing for dungeons for which they have a quest, get preference over players that do not. Hence why this might work.
    Really? I havent delivered my quests yet.
    Maybe i have preference over other players

I already did the quests though.

The hard part about tanking is putting up with stupid people and sadly we didn't really get that nice 2 or 3 week buffer zone we usually get.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    The hard part about tanking is putting up with stupid people and sadly we didn't really get that nice 2 or 3 week buffer zone we usually get.
    ahahah you are right, i have seen some serious shit...and sometimes i was even part of the problem

Ninja pulling
    Walking in the wrong direction
    More ninja pulling
    Failed mechanics

Its a mess on a fresh expansion

5+ Year Old Account
    I dpsed before back in wrath and cata. I got sick of seeing tanks fail at very basic mechanics, so I took it upon myself to always tank forever. I don't dps anymore. I always tank, because I get childishly triggered when people suck at it. So to save myself pain, I now tank; and in 5 mans I never get to see anyone suck at tanking except me, which I use as motivation to chug forward even faster.

Queues are 1 second long, and you often get bonuses for doing it. People complain about the bonuses. "That's not fair!" they might say, as I sit back and sigh. "Then tank." - "No it's (insert reason here)"

You get what I mean. It's easy, and it gets easier as you learn your class and the dungeons better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    It doesnt make sense. If there is you and 4 other pepole in queue pool, and these 4 people queue for Freehold (for example) and you random, it should be as fast as if these people queued for random too. TBH it should be faster if everyone queued random, since then the system has no bounds when it comes to matching (can match 5 players for whatever dungeon).
    I also think it makes little sense, because i thought "random queue" would also cover people using the "specific dungeon" queue.
    Anywho
    I now have item level for Heroic Dungeons.
    Oh god
    I hope the queues are not enormous now

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I also think it makes little sense, because i thought "random queue" would also cover people using the "specific dungeon" queue.
    Anywho
    I now have item level for Heroic Dungeons.
    Oh god
    I hope the queues are not enormous now
    As dps my random hc queues average at like 4 minutes, with the fastest being less than a minute. Its not that bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    As dps my random hc queues average at like 4 minutes, with the fastest being less than a minute. Its not that bad.
    I just had a random heroic queue of 24 min.

RIP dungeon spam T_T

Deleted
    As a fresh 120 you should be doing walk in heroics. There's plenty of sub 305 people running heroics. With the smallest pint of luck after doing every walk in heroic you should be 305+and be able to spam heroic randoms (heroic lockouts don't apply to random queues)

Heroics can be easily done at sub 300 ilvl, normal dungeon spam is a waste unless you're under level 120.

Deleted
    Yep.

This is the answer.

If you can tank or heal, you'll gut your queue times. Additionally, if you do so, you'll collapse everyone else's queue times because you'll move three damage dealers along as you're doing it. So many people are complaining on Argent Dawn about queue times, and I'd say well over half of them could jump in and tank... But, for some reason, choose not to.

Looking for Mythic groups is a laugh, too. Almost every group that's in there is waiting on a tank. I did Freehold earlier, easily the worst one because of the knockback aggro-drops, and there were still no wipes.

Honestly, just tank.

Can confirm, random dungeon queue is an hour, specific dungeons a minute. Kind of sad, I could have used a good excuse to gear up a second spec but it'll have to wait a little longer now

i would say nononononoonono to tanking just for faster queue but it's up to you, just don't blame people for using taunt when you lose aggro like the last tank in my group

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    As a fresh 120 you should be doing walk in heroics. There's plenty of sub 305 people running heroics. With the smallest pint of luck after doing every walk in heroic you should be 305+and be able to spam heroic randoms (heroic lockouts don't apply to random queues)

Heroics can be easily done at sub 300 ilvl, normal dungeon spam is a waste unless you're under level 120.
    How can you queue for Random Heroic Dungeon with under 305 ilvl?

edit: AHHhh! "Walk to heroics" Like on foot to the instance. I understamd now :=)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    How can you queue for Random Heroic Dungeon with under 305 ilvl?
    Have higher ilvl gear in your bag that raises your item level. Also he said walk in heroic's as in make a group and walk there.

Ontopic: Unless your a tank or healer don't do normals unless really really needed. People are clearly skipping them and dps times can take a hour easy.

Get to ilvl 305 doing WQ's and try to get your friends/guilds to run you in normals if need be. The que time difference between NM and Heroic is massive.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD