Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tip for fresh 120 that want to do normal dungeons: DON'T.

Just walk into heroics and get that 2 items you need to get 305 ilvl, if that's not enough do 3 WQs that award gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The que time difference between NM and Heroic is massive.
    I was having instant queues on normals with this...trick?

But in europe im getting 24min queues to a Random Heroic Dungeon :-(((((((

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    If you queue for random dungeons you get a 50 min queue.
    But for some reason if you queue for Specific Dungeons and mark only the ones marked as between levels 110-120, you get instant queues.
    Sometimes i only wait 3-5min.

Also queue alone, because for some reason when i tried to queue with someone else the queue got a little bit bigger. (could be coincidence)

Sorry if this is obvious and everyone already knew about this.
    This works.

It's a clear sign that the auto-matching/queuing system isn't working very well. But it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Tip for fresh 120 that want to do normal dungeons: DON'T.

Just walk into heroics and get that 2 items you need to get 305 ilvl, if that's not enough do 3 WQs that award gear.
    Those are tactics for people with friends and guilds We lonely motherflowers do it this way
    #sadlife

Only Blizzard could break something that's been around for 5 expansions now...

I've been noticing when I queue for random as dps, I'm getting put with people of my own server most of the time. It's like the system is trying to match based on server first. if I'm not with my own server, then often I'm with 4 others of the same server, keep thinkng I'm joining guild groups needing 1.

also I think it will try to make a full lvl 120 group, before putting you with lower lvl with random, but not the specific dungeon queue.

Could b e a new "quirk" or just a coincidence...
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    I've been noticing when I queue for random as dps, I'm getting put with people of my own server most of the time. It's like the system is trying to match based on server first. if I'm not with my own server, then often I'm with 4 others of the same server, keep thinkng I'm joining guild groups needing 1.

also I think it will try to make a full lvl 120 group, before putting you with lower lvl with random, but not the specific dungeon queue.

Could b e a new "quirk" or just a coincidence...
    Thats interesting.

Work as intended or is this all just a bug?
    Maybe Blizzard should know about this...poor players are waiting 30-50min to queue for a normal dungeon XD

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    The hard part about tanking is putting up with stupid people and sadly we didn't really get that nice 2 or 3 week buffer zone we usually get.
    Yep, exactly that. Try to get the random DD to kick a spell that would otherwise put huge pressure on the heal and tank and you know why so few ppl play tanks. In fact it is often easier to do Mythic dungeons instead of random heroes, because people in Mythics play at least somewhat smart.

That said: tanking in normals is easy. Aggro is set so high that if you press any random button you are tanking just fine, and the incoming damage is negligible.

ahahah you are right, i have seen some serious shit...and sometimes i was even part of the problem

Ninja pulling
    Walking in the wrong direction
    More ninja pulling
    Failed mechanics

Its a mess on a fresh expansion
    You've seen things that will scare you shell-less!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

If you queue for random dungeons you get a 50 min queue.
    But for some reason if you queue for Specific Dungeons and mark only the ones marked as between levels 110-120, you get instant queues.
    Sometimes i only wait 3-5min.

Also queue alone, because for some reason when i tried to queue with someone else the queue got a little bit bigger. (could be coincidence)

Sorry if this is obvious and everyone already knew about this.
    Here is another tip. Level to 120, get your group of friends, skip normal and heroic dungeons alltogether and go straight into mythics. We did so in 280-290 gear and were perfectly fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    Here is another tip. Level to 120, get your group of friends, skip normal and heroic dungeons alltogether and go straight into mythics. We did so in 280-290 gear and were perfectly fine.
    I think that requires an amazing group seems hardcore.

Im taking my sweet time.
    Today i will try and spam Heroic Dungeons.
    Tomorrow or something i will try to find groups for Mythic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladane View Post
    This works.

It's a clear sign that the auto-matching/queuing system isn't working very well. But it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by khitranegg View Post
    Can confirm, random dungeon queue is an hour, specific dungeons a minute. Kind of sad, I could have used a good excuse to gear up a second spec but it'll have to wait a little longer now
    Posts like this made me happy

Well...i wanted as many people as possible to see this. But is the last time i will bump.

Deleted
    Tomorrow or something i will try to find groups for Mythic
    Not possible without already being mythic geared, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not possible without already being mythic geared, lol.
    Oh right...i forgot people in LFG are reta.........retri paladins mostly

I will have to make my own group then.

What item level do you recommend i ask for? 320?

Because anyone with 320 item level have already done all Heroic Dungeons and supposedly knows the tactics?

Deleted
    Oh right...i forgot people in LFG are reta.........retri paladins mostly

I will have to make my own group then.

What item level do you recommend i ask for? 320?

Because anyone with 320 item level have already done all Heroic Dungeons and supposedly knows the tactics?
    Yeah .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryke of the Wolverines View Post
    Yep.

This is the answer.

If you can tank or heal, you'll gut your queue times. Additionally, if you do so, you'll collapse everyone else's queue times because you'll move three damage dealers along as you're doing it. So many people are complaining on Argent Dawn about queue times, and I'd say well over half of them could jump in and tank... But, for some reason, choose not to.

Looking for Mythic groups is a laugh, too. Almost every group that's in there is waiting on a tank. I did Freehold earlier, easily the worst one because of the knockback aggro-drops, and there were still no wipes.

Honestly, just tank.
    I wish I had a tank or heal spec on my main which is a mage. I would spec into one of these in an instant, at least for dungeons. I have plenty of experience in both roles on all classes, but unfortunately, Blizzard won't implement a utility spec for the pure DPS classes. :/

And before you add "change your main": No way. This is my main since I play WoW and I plan to stick with this character until they shut down the game forever. I have 91 exalted reputations on this character and many memories, beside being the chief enchanter and tailor in our guild and also the guild mistress in RP.

Ah well, at least I have a long-time healer buddy to tag along if he's online. :3
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-08-20 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I wish I had a tank or heal spec on my main which is a mage. I would spec into one of these in an instant, at least for dungeons. I have plenty of experience in both roles on all classes, but unfortunately, Blizzard won't implement a utility spec for the pure DPS classes. :/

And before you add "change your main": No way. This is my main since I play WoW and I plan to stick with this character until they shut down the game forever. I have 91 exalted reputations on this character and many memories, beside being the chief enchanter and tailor in our guild and also the guild mistress in RP.

Ah well, at least I have a long-time healer buddy to tag along if he's online. :3
    Mages need tank spec, make Frost be it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Mages need tank spec, make Frost be it.
    Arcane mages are tank spec.

shield, shield, shield, shield, shield, shield

Made me nerd rage on a discord call with friends (pvp)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post

Don't worry, I'm not at all suggesting a main-change.

And, for the record, I totally get that it sucks to be a mage, warlock, rogue or hunter who can't do anything other than queue as DPS. My comment was aimed at the thousands of DPS warriors, demon hunters, monks, death knights and druids who could destroy their own queue times, and lower them for everyone else, if they just chose to tank.

Instead, for some inexplicable reason, they queue as DPS and then complain about long queues; long queues they're contributing to, when they could be lowering them for everyone.

It's just bizarre.