Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

More Nvidia leaks..... RTX 2080?

Looks like the new GFX card line from Nvidia is gonna be called 20xx and the 2070/2080 will be RTX indted of GTX, because of Raytracing. Only the RTX 2070/2080 will have Raytracing. The 2060/2050 will be called GTX because of no Raytracing.

Looking at the specs we are looking at a 50% increase from GTX 1080 to RTX 2080 and the RTX 2070 40% increase from GTX 1070

The prices looks to be okay

nvidia registers turing geforce RTX and quadro RTX trademarks
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Way too fishy for me. I'll believe it when I see it.
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS

It's pretty much a sure bet they are pushing their Nvidia RTX everywhere they can, but I still don't see how they can have as massive performance gains as the other leaks are suggesting unless they go 7nm, which would mean we are seeing another GTX 1080/1070 type situation, where outside of the very first lucky people, you'd have to wait months to get any chance to get 2080/2070.

It will also be very interesting to see if they have the power to push Nvidia RTX on developers via Gameworks, even when the install base will probably be under 5% from the PC market, which is still way smaller for the AAA industry than consoles which will probably have no ray tracing till PS5 and possibly not even that. Plus from the AI demos we've seen so far, real time ray tracing is still way too slow for gaming even on Titan V.

Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    It's the most solid leak we've seen so far if we take AdoredTV's video into account and it's anynomous "Nvidia employee".

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It's pretty much a sure bet they are pushing their Nvidia RTX everywhere they can, but I still don't see how they can have as massive performance gains as the other leaks are suggesting unless they go 7nm, which would mean we are seeing another GTX 1080/1070 type situation, where outside of the very first lucky people, you'd have to wait months to get any chance to get 2080/2070.
    That performance jump really depends entirely on what type of power envelope they are prepared to push, assuming they have not com up with yet another magic trick like better memory compression.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

RTX 2080 apparently benches higher than a Titan V. Also apparently going to be around the $650-700 mark.

I guess I'll be buying one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    RTX 2080 apparently benches higher than a Titan V. Also apparently going to be around the $650-700 mark.

I guess I'll be buying one.
    I highly doubt that. Where did you read that? All leaks I've seen so far puts the RTX 2080 just sligthly above a GTX 1080TI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see this posted anywhere else:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/NVIDIA

They started a 72 hrs countdown. I guess we will soon know how many hundreds of USD Nvidia wants for this.

Be afraid.
    We already know the prices.

it's 1k for Ti and 699 for the 2080.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    its been an eternity since pascal launched... we even skipped over a generation on the consumer platform - volta was only released for business/proffessional use..
    compare the 1080ti to a 780ti and u should actually be disappointed that the increase is "only" 50% with these new cards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    PNY temporarily made the preorder page available, the 2018 was 800USD. Well, I'm definitely not gonna bother with RTX the first generation. Gonna save the money and wait for a shrink and hopefully lower prices.

https://i.imgur.com/24OjJC7.png
    There's a 99% chance the PNY prices were placeholders

Quote Originally Posted by Beefbarrier View Post
    its been an eternity since pascal launched... we even skipped over a generation on the consumer platform - volta was only released for business/proffessional use..
    compare the 1080ti to a 780ti and u should actually be disappointed that the increase is "only" 50% with these new cards
    I was actually really impressed with the performance of the vanilla 1080, so much that I bought a founders edition and have been happy with it since. I'm just a sceptic when it comes to leaks like this. I hope they are true though.
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    The rumors are flooding in !https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/

TLR: Event tomorrow! No price has been leaked but... RTX 2080 I predict will be $700. The TI will be $900

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post

TLR: Event tomorrow! No price has been leaked but... RTX 2080 I predict will be $700. The TI will be $900
    There's a price leak like 5 posts up from yours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post

Other leaked prices are 2080 = 800$ and 2080 ti = 1000$
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Looks like the new GFX card line from Nvidia is gonna be called 20xx and the 2070/2080 will be RTX indted of GTX, because of Raytracing. Only the RTX 2070/2080 will have Raytracing. The 2060/2050 will be called GTX because of no Raytracing.

Looking at the specs we are looking at a 50% increase from GTX 1080 to RTX 2080 and the RTX 2070 40% increase from GTX 1070

The prices looks to be okay

nvidia registers turing geforce RTX and quadro RTX trademarks
    What do you mean "will have Raytracing"? Isn't this a Rendering algorithm that every gpu does?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    What do you mean "will have Raytracing"? Isn't this a Rendering algorithm that every gpu does?
    Only RTX 2070/2080/2080 ti will have it

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    FML, I just wrote a fairly long post explaining this but the power went out.

Ray tracing is pretty much how a normal person would think to do graphics on a computer. Wolfenstein 3d used a type of raytracing called raycasting https://lodev.org/cgtutor/raycasting.html

The idea is truly fundamental and probably more easy to understand. It requires a massive amount of GPU power that scales with scene detail - hence we do not have it yet. What your GPU is doing right now is rasterisation. Really simply put it is calculating a flat image based on some geometry, then afterward there are a bunch of shaders and things like ambient occlusion(this is what makes lighting work even though there is no "real" 3d). Everything you are seeing is a "trick" which allows us to make complicated scenes with limited GPU processing power in real time.

Let the overlords explain: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/0...rasterization/

Yeah, any GPU can do ray tracing but the RTX will do it through hardware which is new.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I never buy first generation of anything tech.

I'll see how the raytracing goes and make choice in a few years. Got a 1080 now, it holds up in BFV so no reason to change.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Waiting to see RTX 2070 price.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.