Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now: My processor is a i5-3330 and Guild Wars 2 runs at gorgeous 23fps with it. Not very pleasant. I can, instead, play Dark Souls 3 at almost 60 with minor weirdness.

7+ Year Old Account
    I played it, enjoyed very much but one thing that is game breaking for me is lack of trinity setup... Roles are important and you can make fun encounters. I tried and spam/zerg fest is not for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrashmetal View Post
    I played it, enjoyed very much but one thing that is game breaking for me is lack of trinity setup... Roles are important and you can make fun encounters. I tried and spam/zerg fest is not for me.
    The trinity exist in end game content,still not as traditional as WoW though. You need dps, you need heals, you need tanks, and you need support which is usually placed up on of the mentioned roles depending on the encounter.,

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    level scaling.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before it launched, I had never been as hyped for a game as I was for GW2. Was on this forum and on gw guru every day, following everything.

If I remember correctly, I quit a week or 2 after I reached max level. Didn't enjoy leveling, combat was boring, pvp was a huge step down from GW1.
    PVE didn't really have anything interesting either. Played for a few weeks during Heart of Thorns, but got bored again.

I don't think I'll ever come back. Game was a huge letdown for me, which is too bad, since GW1 is one of my favorite games, with a few thousand hours spent on it.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    can't play with 60+ fps on a 2200 euro PC in WvW without dropping settings so hard players dont render

For me, it was just too clunky in general coming from wow with targetted abilities. Also at least when i played the Necromancer didn't really feel like an undead summonin guy which was a big turn off.

do engineer turrets still only have 5 hp, are fully susceptible to all AoE, and have a long CD when they do inevitably die from a fart?
    if so, that.

well until SC6 comes out, then me juggling with nightmare again while the opponent screams in prepubescent rage into their microphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    do engineer turrets still only have 5 hp, are fully susceptible to all AoE, and have a long CD when they do inevitably die from a fart?
    if so, that.

well until SC6 comes out, then me juggling with nightmare again while the opponent screams in prepubescent rage into their microphone.
    Nope. All summons/pets were buffed in general. I raid on an engineer and seldom have to worry about my turret getting killed. They are place and forget now with standard CDs.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

A mix of things. I just want to say that I played the game a lot up until a week into heart of thorns and dropped it after that.

1) I'm not really into the lore. I love the high fantasy lore usually but Guild Wars' lore never really did it for me. I realize that what I like is high faction conflict (Warhammer Fantasy, Warcraft, etc.) In GW2 the playable races are friendly with each other, which is fine, I just eventually found it dull. I never really got into the story or interested in the characters. The good people are good, the bad people are bad, just kind of ends there. I also don't have the high fantasy archetype race that I love so much - elves.

2) Combat mobility and fluidity: I think I was spoiled by WoW there. Not to say that GW2 combat is bad, I just think it flows far better in WoW. I also love the wide range of CC kits available to you in WoW (exploding trap to knock people off an endge and turn a 1v5 into a 1v2 or something like that).

3) PVP: I enjoy BGs, and WoW simply has a lot more BG options that GW2. GW2 has a number of different maps with the same objective (capture a point by standing on it).
    I love WoW's difference in BG's objectives, and I absolutely love AV and IOC.

4) No world PvP: This ties into point 1. There's nothing as thrilling to me as random spontaneous skirmishes with other players. Yes, sometimes i'll get murdered by a group of people, but I have fun kiting and making the best of the situation. Winning against bad odds in a random PvP encounter makes me feel a rush that I have never gotten in GW2.

5) Not a fan of WvW: I played it a lot back in the day. It's amazing how organized guilds can be in WvW, and I would actually follow the server wars on the forums. But after a few weeks of it, it was so much of the same. WvW is zerg based, which can be cool, but it's also just that. Zerg PvP or Zerg v Door. You can roam around a bit trying to find some 1v1-1v5 encounters as you would in WoW's world pvp, but to me that's just not the same. It's just too much running around, not enough thrills.

Mostly investment in other games but I may give GW 2 a shot in a bit. I'm already getting WoW fatigue in BFA, not because the expansion is bad but ever since the last few months of MOP I just haven't been able to keep interested in WoW, returning now and then for new content but never sticking around long. And FF XIV is still a few weeks away from its next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by GodEmperor View Post
    For me, it was just too clunky in general coming from wow with targetted abilities. Also at least when i played the Necromancer didn't really feel like an undead summonin guy which was a big turn off.
    I love Reaper, I am literally an unstoppable tanking machine that puts out tons of damage and have a 33% damage reduction at all times. The main reason I don't play it is none of my friends play it.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    I personally hate it, when i cant customize my character the way i want it. What i mean by this? I cant bind each of my character the way i want, because in GW2 there is only account bind.

No dedicated healers. I played monk in GW1. GW2's
    ambiguity for me personally just doesn't work.

For me? The lack of ability to set the game to both look nice and run well. You sacrifice one for the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Greetings champions, good to see you, as always.

This is a question for those who do not play Guild Wars 2 - either people that have already played it, or those who didn't try the game yet and lack something to try it.

What's preventing you from coming back or playing this game?
    I bought the game when it came out.
    It didn't deliver as much as I hoped and I never really gave it another shot.

And I don't have any friends playing the game, that is the biggest reason I don't start again I guess.

If my friends played it I likely would. But they don't. I also wish there were more dedicated rolls in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Konoshono View Post
    No dedicated healers. I played monk in GW1. GW2's
    ambiguity for me personally just doesn't work.
    There are plenty of healing builds, most notably Druid, who is dedicated raid healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I've had the urge to log in, but I don't want to buy the expansion tbh. And this is coming from someone that bought the bifrost with a credit card.

as a huge wow player im done with blizzard currently. they are a korean mmo but made in the west. been playing the shit out of gw2 the last week and its a blast. community is fantastic and its such a refreshing change.