Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    , it feels absolutely horrible.
    We can tag with frost shock though......yay?

Not sure if it's changed at all, but prior to the pre-patch while leveling, resto >>> elemental shamans in terms of ST/AoE damage until you got mastery, Earthquake, and better versions of Chain Lightning. Sounds like with the rescaling/squish, that tendency may have shown its ugly face at higher levels. As it stands, I think this is just one symptom of Blizz wanting healers to have the capacity of some non-trivial of DPS. However, this has some downsides, where due to class design healers can end up being competitive to actual DPSers while still being good healers (and some Azerite traits exacerbate this). Throw this into PvP... you get large groups of disc priests killing everyone. As someone mentioned, secondary stats can play a large role in DPS output of some classes, as well as procs and the like, however I think the big mistake that I've seen Blizz do is give healers stronger versions of baseline spells compared to DPSers, then rely on procs/scaling to fix it over time.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    We can tag with frost shock though......yay?
    Yeah that's amazing every 5 minutes when Earth Elemental is ready...

- - - Updated - - -

So on my quite undergeared 120 Shaman it's:

Restoration:

Lava Burst: 9k Crit
    Lightning Bolt: 5,3k Hit
    Chain Lightning: 3k Hit
    Flame Shock: 1,6k Tick

Elemental:

Lava Burst: 5,9k Crit
    Lightning Bolt: 2k Hit
    Chain Lightning: 1,2k Hit
    Flame Shock: 700 Tick

Even with overload my Lightning Bolt as Elemental deals less damage than a usual Lightning Bolt as Restoration. This is downright ridiculous. As Elemental I try to avoid casting LB as much as possible because that skill is an utter joke.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    I don´t really understand the point of this thread. Literally the exact same type of posts were made at the beginning of legion (if not WOD too, my memory fails me), so I can't think of a reason as to why something like this is shocking to anyone, unless you are a new player.

In case you are new to the game, I'll let the creator of the post in on something mindblowingly insane: Having the hardest hitting spells in the game does not automatically make you the highest DPS spec in the game. Very difficult to get a grasp on this as a new player I imagine, but that's the case.

If hitting for a higher ammount of damage with your Lava Burst as resto does more damage, then just go resto DPS : D Let us know how that works out for you as the expansion progresses!

Oh yeah, another thing! My healing surge heals for 13978 as Elemental, and 10115 as restoration!! Gues the best way to deal with this is to just keep healing for my guild, but as elemental, just because my healing surge hits for slightly more in that spec!!! D

Resto abilities have to hit harder since when healing hard content, there is only time to drop flame shock here and there, and use the occasional lava surge procs, while the rest of the time we need to cast healing spells.

Resto dps was already low in mythic+ in legion and was one of the reasons that high key groups preferred paladin or druids healers.

Now in BFA disc priest DPS is miles above resto shaman, while healing at the same time.

A call to nerf resto dps is hugely unwarranted. If elemental dps is low compared to other dps classes, fine, that's an argument in its own right, but really we shouldn't call for resto DPS nerf by comparing it to elemental.

my resto hits for 11k lavabursts ele 6.6 you can say all about mastery but how nerffed secondaries are its pathetic low, p nothing but dpsing resto can pull almost thesame dps on singletarget

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    my resto hits for 11k lavabursts ele 6.6 you can say all about mastery but how nerffed secondaries are its pathetic low, p nothing but dpsing resto can pull almost thesame dps on singletarget
    This is only true is you use no cooldowns.

pop LMT, greater fire ele, ascendance. no resto shaman is ever keeping up on single target.

if you just lightning bolt/lava burst/FS/ES then yeah you'll do the same dps as resto, but thats 4 buttons and no cooldowns for ya.

btw, i am on the side that elemental is GARBAGE and i hate its playstyle, mobility and survival atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    This is only true is you use no cooldowns.

pop LMT, greater fire ele, ascendance. no resto shaman is ever keeping up on single target.

if you just lightning bolt/lava burst/FS/ES then yeah you'll do the same dps as resto, but thats 4 buttons and no cooldowns for ya.

btw, i am on the side that elemental is GARBAGE and i hate its playstyle, mobility and survival atm.
    Quite ridiculous to favor in cooldowns to make Elemental "competitive" to Resto, isn't it?

Elemental's skills are incredibly undertuned. As I said, Lightning Bolt for 2k on fresh 120 is ABYSMAL. Resto is hitting 250% harder. Not even with Mastery Ele comes close, I need to crit and overload as Ele to get the same damage for one LB I get as Resto. That's just horrible game design.

Quite ridiculous to favor in cooldowns to make Elemental "competitive" to Resto, isn't it?
    No DPS class should ever need to burn cooldowns in order to beat a healing spec. That's simply terrible balancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there are other classes that fall in this boat. Healing specs can do quite some damage in general.
    The problem is that ele and resto have a few spells that are the exact same, so people will directly connect them.

The problem is: If ele did the same damage as resto with each of the respective spells, wouldn't ele then be top dps in the meters? I mean they already aren't the worst in top gear. You're in the upper middle of the pack, which means you're generally pretty fine. (Enhance master race Hurrah)

AoE wise you're actually top 4 in 340 gear right now.

Edit: Been reading other feedbacks on ele shaman and I've concluded that you are troubled. Maybe not in the DPS department but in playstyle in general. I did not know this, as I quest in enhance and dungeoneer in resto. I'm sorry :c
    Last edited by Shinela; 2018-08-19 at 02:11 PM.
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

i should have screenshot it, last boss hc shrine of the storm, resto shaman dpsed most of the time, he topped all dps with 12,5k dps. seems legit ^^

Quote Originally Posted by zire View Post
    i should have screenshot it, last boss hc shrine of the storm, resto shaman dpsed most of the time, he topped all dps with 12,5k dps. seems legit ^^
    Last boss puts a stacking debuff on the healer which decreases max HP, and also increases healing and damage by 20 percent per stack. I believe you can stack it up to 9 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    Last boss puts a stacking debuff on the healer which decreases max HP, and also increases healing and damage by 20 percent per stack. I believe you can stack it up to 9 times.
    ok thx, that would explain it

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Is everyone here new to the game? Healer spells have hit harder than their DPS counterparts for ages, because the DPS specs have other spells to complement them with. Compare the overall DPS, not the numbers of specific abilities, ya dummies.

Not saying Elemental is great by any means, but the same goes for Feral and Balance - Resto's abilities with the appropriate affinities (pre-mastery) hit harder. Yes, pre-mastery obviously, because mastery only affects some abilities, and since you guys are comparing two abilities that aren't affected by mastery, that's how it goes.
    So much this ^

I don't understand why we have to go through this every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    So much this ^

Because it's still bad game design.

Btw. as Resto your DPSing and healing better than a Disc Priest. I think that's somehow flawed game design, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    So much this ^

because the blizzard staff is bad at their jobs.

Deleted
    Because it's still bad game design.

Btw. as Resto your DPSing and healing better than a Disc Priest. I think that's somehow flawed game design, isn't it?
    Unless you're comparing to a shitty disc priest, a shaman would never be able to outheal one in its current state. DPS sure, maybe.
    Don't forget that disc does its healing through dps and a shaman has to pick one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by IamKraze View Post
    Unless you're comparing to a shitty disc priest, a shaman would never be able to outheal one in its current state. DPS sure, maybe.
    Don't forget that disc does its healing through dps and a shaman has to pick one or the other.
    I know that. The point is, Resto DPS by applying Flame Shock and just casting LvB or shooting instant LvBs is quite strong. At least during leveling phase the DPS as my Resto was a lot higher than on my Disc and I healed not less on my Shaman. Could be different on max level and in Mythic+ but I doubt it is for lesser difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    This is a repeat of legion launch, where resto was outdamaging Elemental (especially during leveling), to the point where they buffed Elemental by about 20% across the board to fix it a, took a couple of months though.
    which is a repeat of practically every expansion, elemental gets buffed every patch past launch, to the point the spec is viable/good simply because of numbers being so high.

Relax, there's pretty much no time to dps as resto.
    In the current state of mythics, I only be able to throw couple proc'd lava burst here and there. Of course it deals shittons of damage, otherwise resto would be total trash dps-wise.
    And elem is fine.