Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Ban parents then... they are the actual problem.
    oh wow you caught me missing a letter good for you
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    good, now i can have a decent meal in peace at somewhere other then a gentleman's club.
    i hear those places serves some good crabs

heaven! some hotel do this too. we need more stuff like that. i don't have any pb against kid but younger than 7 in restaurant are quickly bored and start cry, make noise run between table, and after parent get made yell at them more cries. and the worst people ever are thoose who bring their damn baby.

7+ Year Old Account
    Next thing you know Germany will be putting kids into camps.

A claim of ageism has reared its ugly head and I have this to say: children have not reached the age of majority and don't have all of the rights of adults. Even adults are expected to conform to certain behavioral expectations in some settings.

Are adults just as likely to behave badly as children? Potentially, sure.

As it stands, I am now boycotting movie theaters because of their inability to police cellphone use during movies. I just don't give a fuck any longer - my movie watching at home is almost theater quality, and without the annoyance of other people whipping out their cellphones and blinding the darkness with that goddamned bright light. Who needs it? Not me...

Nothing worse than going to a restaurant where you're paying 200$ for a meal and drinks for the 2 of you and get seated to some stupid brat being annoying . The absolute ignorance of parents astounds me, Mc'ds is for your drooling mouth breathing kind or some other garbage chain ( ricky's/chili's/etc)

Good, next please ban them on flights.

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to get used to stuff like this, After all, We now live in a world where children are " protected " from there own parents thus they cant be raised right. Nowadays every 3 years old know if you dont get your own way just call DCF and tell em daddy hits you. You cant expect good manners from a kid thats never had an ass wiping and if you claim to be your a lair.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

i think a business should be able to serve who they want to, but this isn't any different than banning gays, blacks or people with long hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Yes. Lock children in cages and keep them from experiencing anything in life. Heaven forbid they annoy you classy folk too much. If you want adult-only interaction go to a fucking strip club or bar.

Management should have discretion on asking families to leave if their children are complete assholes. A total ban is asinine.
    it's about 1000x harder to ask a family with a shitty kid to leave than to just ban them outright. nobody is singled out this way and it gives parents an excuse to dump off the kid for the night or just eat somewhere else

10+ Year Old Account
    Good change, now if only places would have some kind of policy about snotty obnoxious adults they tend to serve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Lock children in cages and keep them from experiencing anything in life. Heaven forbid they annoy you classy folk too much. If you want adult-only interaction go to a fucking strip club or bar.

Management should have discretion on asking families to leave if their children are complete assholes. A total ban is asinine.
    If they are brown kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post
    Whats more likely to have screaming kids,

an all you can eat buffet/mcdonalds?

Or a $100 steak house?
    That's entirely anecdotal.

I've got anecdotes from very expensive restaurants where the wait staff didn't want to say ANYTHING because some super obnoxious parents refuse to actually parent their children and the kids not only knew they were off the leash, but had no leash to begin with.

I also remember a time when the wife and I went to someplace nice as a very rare treat. A family reunion was going on and they had several young children there including a baby who was colicky. Because the adults wanted to reconnect and talk, they totally ignored the kids and the baby was being treated as an annoyance. This made for a really crappy dining experience and I really resented it. I don't resent their desire to reconnect, but they chose a totally inappropriate venue. And if they were going to ignore the children, they should have just gotten a babysitter, let everyone see the kids and then go to dinner.

I've NEVER had a persistent issue with my kids at restaurants or amusements parks because I follow through. If I say, "if you act up, we're leaving", they KNOW I mean it and yes, after dropping what is a LOT of money for a disabled vet, we've left Disneyland or left a restaurant before even ordering because a kid was starting to act up. I've got 4 grown kids now and if anything, they are more critical of the behavior of children in public spaces than I am. But then, we didn't ignore our kids when we went out with them. If they weren't going to be part of the evening, we left them home. If we couldn't afford that, we didn't go.

The idea that rich means better isn't always born out, tho. If that was the case, we wouldn't have phrases like "rich asshole" or affluenza. Kids get it when adults aren't willing to hold them to account.

Good parents are good parents and bad parents are bad parents.

And since you can't tell by how someone is dressed or how much money they do or don't have if they have any sense of decency or propriety regarding how to behave in a public setting, I'm for this rule.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, fuck off.

If you want to take your brat somewhere,take them to Chuck E Cheese.

I feel like this is just clarifying the obvious.

If you wouldn't advertise or describe the place as a "Family Restaurant", maybe question whether taking children there is the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    This does seem like a few bad apples ruining it for everyone. My daughter has been perfect in restaurants for nearly her whole life. She is now 12 and as tall her mom. She doesn’t cause an issue and now would be banned from this place and should be ,according to the people in this thread , other places too.

Imagine it would be illegal to outright ban people under a certain age. As the article stated, kick out parents of unruly children. Not ban children altogether.

Also, the people saying they’ve had their meal “ruined” by kids are being overly dramatic. I’ve worked in restaurants for 19 years now and can maybe count 5 times in which kids were truly out of control and annoying other guests. Get over yourselves.
    A business can set an age limit as part of their business practices. If you disagree, take your money elsewhere.

Children are all too often accompanied by parents who tune out their screeching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    On one hand I’d be happy to have such a policy because dining with young kids can be annoying, and sometimes adults just want to be with other adults. On the other hand, I think this could be a downward spiral, where more and more restaurants and places of business ban children - we can’t have that. Imo, have a disruptive free policy. If children (or anyone) is too disruptive, you’re asked to leave... or even have adult only hours. Just don’t ban children completely.
    Why?

Why must people inflict their spawn on others?

If a lot of these businesses pop up, maybe take the hint: control your offspring people.

- - - Updated - - -

Classy? Not even. I just don't want to listen to their screeching. When the parents can impose good behavior on their children, then we can talk.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Good, next please ban them on flights.
    Oh please do, please do.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

the hero we all need

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    A business can set an age limit as part of their business practices. If you disagree, take your money elsewhere.

Children are all too often accompanied by parents who tune out their screeching.

- - - Updated - - -

Why?

Why must people inflict their spawn on others?

If a lot of these businesses pop up, maybe take the hint: control your offspring people.

- - - Updated - - -

Classy? Not even. I just don't want to listen to their screeching. When the parents can impose good behavior on their children, then we can talk.
    At work, if a kid is doing a spot on banshee impersonation, I talk quieter to the parent. Until they tell their kid to hush. I'm not raising my voice, I'm smiling a customer service smile and speaking softly. When their kid hushes, I thank them, and continue on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

nice i like it .

Would like the same thing when i fly , i hate kids on a plane

So a restaurant can refuse service to children but a baker can't refuse service to a gay couple?