Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    Stop using Twitch viewers as a measure of positivity or negativity my god. As long as the big streamers play it, it will have huge numbers. BfA could be the worst expansion ever, having half the content of WoD, but if Soda, Lirik and Shroud all played it would still outrank everything else but fortnite on twitch. Use your brain.
    Twitch numbers may not be a solid metric to determine quality, but using forums like MMO-Champion to do so is even worse. The Twitch numbers at least show that Blizzard is doing something right to getting people involved in the game, since the buzz is more noticeable now than at the start of Legion. The complaints that I have seen here do not reflect the thoughts I have seen while in-game like in my guild, or on other social channels. That's not to say there are no problems, but they are way overblown on these forums and extremely hyperbolic. If this forum is representing the current state of the game, then this expansion is the worst thing ever created by man, just like every other expansion that has been released in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Sorry corrected Burning Crusade to Burning Legion.
    Yes, I'd be fine with retconning the entire TBC expansion and add Kael'thas back into the game and act like nothing happened.

Lady Vashj was a mysterious character. We don't know why she helped Illidan, if she was sent by N'Zoth, Azshara or acting on her own. It smells like the Old Gods plots against the Legion though. Exploring her story would be very interesting.
    I wouldn't mind a nearly complete retcon of The Burning Crusade as well (I don't mind the Draenei retcon in retrospect as much as back then though). By far the worst expansion from a story perspective. People say that WoD made no sense, but TBC butchered nearly every character from WarCraft 3, especially Kael'thas. So glad they retconned Illidan in Legion, but I will never get over what Blizzard did to Kael'thas.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2018-08-21 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I mean that's basically how all MMOs are so I don't know what you're expecting. GW2 has a slightly more engaging world when it comes to content like that, I don't know why Blizzard won't borrow some of their ideas like the zone wide events or my personal favorite, jumping puzzles but it is what it is.
    They tried jumping puzzles with some of the treasures in WoD and they were almost universally panned on the forums.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Yes, we can judge the entirety of BFA in less than a week.

Good lord you people.
    First impression is the most important thing.. You should not accept it begin bad just because someone say "It will be better later" most games can't get away with the game begin in a poor state on launch day Why should blizz?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm not bitching, just criticizing how shallow and bad BfA is gameplay wise. The setting is amazing and I totally love it, the gameplay is the worst it's ever been and Island Expeditions and Azerite gear are just game systems that already failed because they add nothing to the game instead of a useless treadmill, worse than Artifacts have ever been.

I'm sorry for people that fail to see how much quality assurance this expansion is missing when it comes to even the most basic things.

- - - Updated - - -

This so much.
    I do not praise what is out there. I just say, that we have had this already. Legion traits had threads about being boring all over the place.
    Island expeditions IMO is really fun with friends with voice com. Especially harder diffs. Random people - no thx.

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    I do not praise what is out there. I just say, that we have had this already. Legion traits had threads about being boring all over the place.
    Island expeditions IMO is really fun with friends with voice com. Especially harder diffs. Random people - no thx.
    Not everything is bad in this expansion. It's far from being "horrible". I just expected... a lot more and especially at least as good or better than Legion. And that's where Blizzard mostly failed (except the setting, I hated the whole Burning Legion Demon stuff).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Twitch numbers may not be a solid metric to determine quality, but using forums like MMO-Champion to do so is even worse. The Twitch numbers at least show that Blizzard is doing something right to getting people involved in the game, since the buzz is more noticeable now than at the start of Legion.
    No it doesn't. As someone said before, if three or four of the big streamers play WoW it's gonne be on top of twitch. They have followers that watch whatever they are playing, the could play c64 emulator games and they would be on top of twitch. In fact Lirik alone several times put obscure and sometimes really bad games on top of twitch.
    It says nothing about the general interest of the game. When they stop playing in a few days wow will be back on rank 45 without any change in interest.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They tried jumping puzzles with some of the treasures in WoD and they were almost universally panned on the forums.
    Yeah I remember those, they were a few randomly placed rocks along the side of a cliff. Basically some terrain editors threw a few rocks in randomly to emulate a jumping puzzle but it's really an insult to call those things a jumping puzzle. Dunno if you've ever done any of the jumping puzzles in guild wars but they're fully fleshed out activities, nearly on the level of dungeons. There's varying degrees of difficulty and there's worthwhile rewards at the end of some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    First impression is the most important thing.. You should not accept it begin bad just because someone say "It will be better later" most games can't get away with the game begin in a poor state on launch day Why should blizz?
    Thing is, people will always complain. First impressions are flawed, anyway. This is neither a food nor a painting - it has a lot more depth to it to make such quick judgment.
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2018-08-21 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, people will always complain. First impressions are flawed, anyway. This is neither a food nor a painting - it's has a lot more depth to it to make such quick judgment.
    If class design is bad (it is), do other things actually matter? Not really. Classes are the vehicle through which you interact with content. If your means of interacting with content is bad, otherwise great content is going to be poisoned as a result. And honestly, things such as Island Expeditions really can't be classed as "otherwise great."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    If class design is bad (it is), do other things actually matter? Not really. Classes are the vehicle through which you interact with content. If your means of interacting with content is bad, otherwise great content is going to be poisoned as a result. And honestly, things such as Island Expeditions really can't be classed as "otherwise great."
    Well, I don't like class design but I loved the levelling experience of BFA. I understand you take these things accumulatively, but not everyone does.

Anyways, opinions are opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Care to explain why you believe Battle for Azeroth is a terrible expansion?
    Have you played it ? Most classes feel like shit. But hey, the class overhaul is coming in less than 21 weeks. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Yeah I remember those, they were a few randomly placed rocks along the side of a cliff. Basically some terrain editors threw a few rocks in randomly to emulate a jumping puzzle but it's really an insult to call those things a jumping puzzle. Dunno if you've ever done any of the jumping puzzles in guild wars but they're fully fleshed out activities, nearly on the level of dungeons. There's varying degrees of difficulty and there's worthwhile rewards at the end of some of them.
    I was thinking more along the lines of the gliders in Nagrand.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Well, I don't like class design but I loved the levelling experience of BFA. I understand you take these things accumulatively, but not everyone does.

Thing is, the leveling experience is the thing you spent least time with in BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Have you played it ? Most classes feel like shit. But hey, the class overhaul is coming in less than 21 weeks. Yay!
    If you feel like shit inside, everything will seem like shit to you. Think about that.

im absolty mad at the fact that blizzard doesn't give the class rogue a decent chance to shine anymore. the spellbook is screwed up the balance is wack. warlords of draenor subtlety was really fun to play. this bfa rogue is worse than legion design. an embarrassment that blizzard has to take responsibility to fix. just make the class fuin to play. this release on the presentation is garbage for bfa.. great job blizzard for a global entertainment company. rogue design shows you don't care about your products the trend makes you stop playing the games altogether. blizzard should fire any developer that doesn't play world of warcraft. rogue experience should be top quality like what chris metzen said. "only the best"

FEEDBACK

Deleted
    Imho if they keep removing character development I Think there is nothing to justify increasing levels for each expansion pack. It's a pointless, unrewarding grind. This time around we even felt WEAKER at 120. That's a really REALLY bad design.

I think they made a huge mistake with the Legion class reworks and their new philosophy to remove even more abilities in BfA. Makes an expansion feel like a downgrade class design wise. If you feel like you have to switch mains every expansion because Blizzard feel like they can leave a class in a horrible state for 2 years is flawed design. I've played my ret pala since 2006 and Blizzard is making it harder and harder every expansion. I even prefered the vanilla ret over Legion ret.
    Last edited by mmocfea2a4b8ab; 2018-08-22 at 07:56 AM.

Yes, we can judge the entirety of BFA in less than a week.

Good lord you people.
    "so far this is looking horribland..."
    "so far this is looking"
    "so far this is"
    "so far this"
    "so far"

Hmm...there's a key to understanding this sentence. I can't put my finger on it. Hmm...

@OP
    I'm not sure about the cyclical thing, but I do think so far this expansion is bland in terms of activity considering that most of what's there is a repeat of Legion. The art and music are great as always. Actually, I think the art and music are better than ever before.

What if I didn't enjoy the leveling because the zones dragged on for way too long. I don't enjoy abilities all tied to the GCD and how much slower it makes my character feel. I don't like how my class plays with gutted statistics and again how slow it feels compared to Legion. I don't like how trash laden dungeons are and how there is just too much trash between boss pulls. On top of that I don't like how trash laden Island expeditions are. I don't like how scaling works out in the world and how even with some mythic dungeon gear, I don't feel I'm getting more powerful and doing World quests doesn't feel much faster.

I'm actually struggling to find the motivation to log in and the expansion is less than a week in.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    No, this is the same team that brought us WoD. That's why we have what has worked in Legion (WQs, an artifact, m+) while every addition in this expansion so far is not fleshed out at all yet, rather bare bones.

Yes, there's 2 teams working on wow expansions.
    Do you really imagine that it's two completely separate groups of people who decide what the theme of an expansion is, what new features it has, what gets kept from one expansion from the next and what gets dropped, etc?

Or do you think it makes more sense that the management team makes most of the major decisions about the shape of the expansion while the coders, artists and producers and QA people are split into two teams?

This two teams means one expansion is bad and one good is the dumbest thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    So far there is only 1 thing about BFA I am not a big fan of and thats the horde main city.
    Its fine though. I can just use gliders.
    Everything else seems fine and dandy. Really enjoying the countless hours I've already put into the game. (main 340 ilvl, gonna work on my alt this weekend).

That being said. This forum is the most negative shithole on the planet when it comes to wow. Reading this shit long enough makes people depressed as fuck.
    Nothing positive ever comes from this shit. So don't know why people are still surprised. Its a negative nancy echo chamber the same people use to validate their shitty opinions.