Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Why do people still main Gnomes, Goblins, or Pandaren as of BFA?

In a game that's historically built around creating a legendary badass hero, why do people play Gnomes, Pandaren, or Goblins? Even if they're in a relative minority population-wise to the cool races, you still see tons of players roaming around on these races.

With the latest expansion promoting faction wars again, Blizzard is clearly trying to sell coolness through the lead races being everything but these ones. So why?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why does anyone do anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because, freedom of choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes and Goblins are the innovative backbone of their factions. Some people see that as cool. Pandaren I’ll give you. Blizzard isn’t sure what to do with them it seems.

Deleted
    I don't understand why not? Race is not important to the game or story, it's just personal preference.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    The racism towards fictional characters is strong on this post

People like those races? There's literally nothing more to it. Very few people actually care which races are the focal point of the expansion

Because they can and don't have to abide by your rules.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Gnomes and Goblins fit far better into their factions than Forsaken ever fits into any faction. So if you wanna axe one race, axe the Forsaken.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    In a game that's historically built around creating a legendary badass hero, why do people play Gnomes, Pandaren, or Goblins? Even if they're in a relative minority population-wise to the cool races, you still see tons of players roaming around on these races.

With the latest expansion promoting faction wars again, Blizzard is clearly trying to sell coolness through the lead races being everything but these ones. So why?
    I play a Pandaren Brew Master Monk, I see no reason why I should want to play as any other race.

Because nothing is more infuriating that being slain by a gnome, at least I imagine that is the reason for picking one. Also, kinda cool as spellcasters.
    We humans have to stick together

Because gnomes are the master race - the real question is, why would anyone main anything else.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account

Why do people play elves, when they are super lame?

People play what they like, that's the only reason.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Subversion of the norm.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Actually this isn't true. Historically, vanilla and bc did not recognize us as the hero. We were grunts. The game was much better. When everyone is special, no one is special. End rant.

I'm curious as to how the goblins aren't a big part of bfa to you. They have been very involved with the azerite material.

It is kinda like your idea of what is cool or fun doesn't match others. Odd people aren't all hive minded morons.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Because you're 1 among millions, and your opinion means nothing. People do what they want to do, not what some nobody in some website wants them to do.

Hmm... , because they can ?
    People can pick their race for all kind of reasons. Very few care about story and if you look better at it you'll understand why.
    Also goblins are more cool than humans and elves together.

Because Goblins are the best race.

I have always mained a gnome, and always will. Personal perference. I love their laugh, and their run. The mounts are cool, and the racials are awesome.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi