Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account

How old is Garona supposed to be?

She was literally in the first war. Why does she look so young?

There aren't many people still alive that were around for the first war but when you look at someone like Saurfang and look at her it's hard to believe they are from the same era.

Genn & Katherine were both around during that time (they didn't fight though) and they look old as shit too. I get that Humans & Orcs are not the same thing and probably age a bit differently but like I said just look at Saurfang or even look at Drek'Thar & Eitrigg and then look back at Garona. I don't get it.

The draenei half (ugh...) may give longevity beyond normal orcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

7+ Year Old Account
    well, she's half draenei.

so probably becase of that.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The draenei half (ugh...) may give longevity beyond normal orcs.
    Fair point. But I think you still get old as a Draenei. You just don't really die of age (or live really really long) but your appearance should still change. It's not like Night Elves where they do not show age at all. We've seen older looking Draenei like Velen. Not only that but Garona clearly has more Orc in her than Draenei.

I believe its because she had sex with Medivh who was at time Guardian. I mean Guardian does possess such power so could he theoretically "gift" her with it?

Other explanation ofcourse her Draenei blood.

Well Thrall was born during the first war and he's about 30-35 right now.

Now, according to the Warcraft movie she was a young adult during the first war, so maybe 20 ish back then.

Conclusion, I'd bet she's between 50-55 now and I agree that her draenei blood might increase her longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Fair point. But I think you still get old as a Draenei. You just don't really die of age (or live really really long) but your appearance should still change. It's not like Night Elves where they do not show age at all. We've seen older looking Draenei like Velen. Not only that but Garona clearly has more Orc in her than Draenei.
    Velen is the only Draenei that's ever showed any signs of age, and he's older than sin. Even if their appearance does change over time, less than a century is probably a blip to creatures that live for tens of thousands of years. Even if Garona only gets half of that benefit, I would expect the couple decades it's been since the Dark Portal to show up as a couple years of aging on her at the most.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

True but it probably took Velen thousands of years to show a white beard, we saw him with black hair in the flashback and then presumably took him a few thousand years to actually go grey. Assuming Garona's half-draenei side at least slows down her aging, but not enough to counter the orc side, she shouldn't be growing grey already like Saurfang within a couple centuries.

By the way, off topic and I agree, she's an awful character that should have died a long time ago. Her claim to fame is stabbing King Llane in the back and killing him and that's it, she was one of the NPC's I sent out on missions from my mission table in the rogue class hall FFS. Vanessa VanCleef is way cooler.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    We've seen older looking Draenei like Velen.
    Of course Velen looks old when he's over 25.000 years old.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Old enough. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post

Now, according to the Warcraft movie she was a young adult during the first war, so maybe 20 ish back then.

Conclusion, I'd bet she's between 50-55 now and I agree that her draenei blood might increase her longevity.
    She was also artificially aged by Gul'dan using warlock magics. So that could also have something to do with it as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post

I meant people that were considered old enough to fight in the first war. Varian was there too as a kid. Maybe even Jaina but they weren't adults.

Turalyon (he wasn't involved in it but I'm sure he was at Lordaeron) & Khadgar also were around in that time (and adults) but I didn't think it was worth mentioning them because they both have magic affecting their age.

I just think they should modify her model a bit. Show a little age. Even if the Draenei DNA slows her age down a bit she should have aged even just a little because she clearly has more Orc in her than Draenei and she still looks like a young orc at 50-60 years old.

Deleted
    Draenei live for thousands of years. Velen is more than 25k years old. Looked nearly the same tho in the cinematic. Just black hair. Look at Maraad, he is an uncle of Garona.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's half-draenei, she won't show signs of aging for hundreds of years.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    She's half-draenei, she won't show signs of aging for hundreds of years.
    Half Draenei shouldn't cancel out the half orc though. Especially when she clearly has more Orc in her than Draenei.

Blizz should just update her model. Either make her look like more of a mix of Draenei and Orc so that it's more obvious as to why she hasn't aged or make her look slightly older. I'm not saying she needs to look like Saurfang but she also shouldn't look Anduin's age.

Not sure if that was changed or not, but in first war Genn was suposedly the oldest of the human kings at the time.

Half Draenei shouldn't cancel out the half orc though. Especially when she clearly has more Orc in her than Draenei.

Blizz should just update her model. Either make her look like more of a mix of Draenei and Orc so that it's more obvious as to why she hasn't aged or make her look slightly older. I'm not saying she needs to look like Saurfang but she also shouldn't look Anduin's age.
    While not cancelling out her orc side, practical unaging race is still going to have a drastic effect. One could be that her aging is so slow she has the lifespan of an elf which seems to be thousands of years.

So the 33 years between dark portal and BfA is nothing more than a day for her.

Or it... doesn't matter. You're already making up lore to justify your need to have her look older. When there are faction leaders that still do not have unique models (Lor'themar, Mekkatorque, every member of the dwarven council), a side character like Garona isn't really worth the effort.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyssander View Post
    Not sure if that was changed or not, but in first war Genn was suposedly the oldest of the human kings at the time.
    If not for the Worgen curse he probably would be dead right now but his age still shows at least.

I just find it crazy that Garona looks younger than Thrall when Thrall was born during the first war. Like I said, I get that she's half Draenei but she's also half Orc and that's gonna have some consequences. Maybe her aging has slowed a bit but it shouldn't slow that much especially when she looks more Orc than Draenei. She looks more Orc than Rexxar does.

Draenei genes. You know who also looks young? The Windrunner sisters and they're old and shit.

Durotan wondered if a little draenei girl that died during a raid was the same little girl he had seen when he was a kid.

It's not sure how long it takes them to age, but considering how old many of the Draenei are and aren't old, it's safe to say they stay in that young adult/adult age for a long time.