Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Mollie Tibbetts case: Undocumented immigrant charged with murder

Let's see if Trump tweets this.

Girl goes jogging, goes missing, police are stumped. Looks like they've had a breakthrough.

https://eu.desmoinesregister.com/sto...it/1050165002/

Cristhian Bahena Rivera, 24, has been in the area for four to seven years, officials said. Charges were filed in Poweshiek County court. He is being held on a $1 million cash bond.

Tibbetts was reported missing July 19, according to a criminal complaint. Shortly after her disappearance, investigators collected video footage from the east side of Brooklyn from the evening of July 18.

The video showed Tibbetts running around Boundary and Middle streets outside of Brooklyn when a black Chevy Malibu drove in the area around 7:45 p.m. July 18.

The footage shows the vehicle, driven by Rivera, going back and forth in the area, according to the criminal complaint.

Officials pulled him in for questioning Monday where he admitted "making contact with a female running in Brooklyn" and that he pursued her to an area east of town in Poweshiek County, according to the criminal complaint.

Rivera told officials he exited his vehicles and started "running behind her and alongside her," according to the criminal complaint. Tibbetts then grabbed her phone and told him she was going to call the police, according to the criminal complaint.

He then told officials that he "got mad" and panicked and blocked his memory, which happens when "he gets very upset," according to the criminal complaint.

Investigators believe Tibbetts was abducted around the 1900 block of 385th Avenue.

Rivera told investigators he doesn't remember anything after that until he arrived at an intersection, according to the complaint.

Rivera then told officials that he made a U-turn, drove to an entrance of a field, pulled into a driveway and rode to a cornfield, according to the complaint.

He then realized he had earpieces in his lap, which made him realize that Tibbetts was in the trunk, according to the criminal complaint. Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation Assistant Director Mitch Mortvedt would not confirm whether Tibbetts was alive when Rivera allegedly placed her in the trunk.

Rivera told officials he pulled Tibbetts out of the trunk and found blood on the side of her head, according to the complaint. He then dragged Tibbetts to a secluded location in the cornfield, according to the complaint.

He told officials he then put her over his shoulder and took her 20 meters into the cornfield where he covered her with some cornstalks and left her.

Rivera was able to use his cell phone to determine the route he traveled from Brooklyn, according to the complaint. He later guided investigators to Tibbetts' location by memory and law enforcement found a female body, according to the complaint.

The physical description matched what Rivera shared with officials and the clothing matched what Tibbetts was reportedly wearing, according to the complaint.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Sad news all around. Well atleast her family knows what happened to her.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that was depressing, and preventable.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

a criminal was willing to commit further crime, who could have guessed. get them the fuck out.

Yeah, lol. Watching Fox News right now and they are always bringing up the case every commercial break or so. Sad news all around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post
    Yeah, lol. Watching Fox News right now and they are always bringing up the case every commercial break or so. Sad news all around.
    I get that its sad that a girl died, but what is so special that this particular case needs such attention?

If I was going to be a cynical I would say its because a pretty, young, white girl being murdered by an undocumented migrant quite nicely fits with Fox news' wider political agenda.

It's fucking sad and disgusting that the Right-Wing media in desperation to change the subject off the news of the day are trying to hard to politicize this tragedy while their base takes to insulting Ms. Tibbetts and saying she deserved to die. TRULY PEAK TRUMP'S AMERICA.

If you want to read the absolute hatred and vile of the American right-wing just read replies to this old tweet of Mollie's.https://twitter.com/Motibbs/status/940792919266680833 (HUGE TRIGGER WARNING FOR RIGHT-WINGERS and ANYONE WHO WAS OFFENDED SARAH JEONG in this thread https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...weets-reporter)

And if people insist on politicizing this girls death, I keep forgetting who has control of the House, Senate and Presidency which hasn't passed any laws to prevent "illegal" immigration? Who also is the governor of Iowa and controls the house and senate in that state that allows someone to work and live there illegally for 4+ years? Who turned down $50+ billion dollars in border security offered to them by a Democratic controlled US senate years ago because they refuse to do anything? It's almost as if they don't care...

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    I get that its sad that a girl died, but what is so special that this particular case needs such attention?

If I was going to be a cynical I would say its because a pretty, young, white girl being murdered by an undocumented migrant quite nicely fits with Fox news' wider political agenda.

No it is called you have a brain and can see Fox News literally drooling at the mouth over a potential perfect storm. Pretty young white woman killed potentially by an undocumented immigrant. This riles up their base to get pissed off and vilifies all undocumented immigrants even though the vast majority are hard working and peaceful just trying to support their families. Ironic how Fox News gleefully and continuously bashed on Democrats and any common sense gun law advocates for "politicizing" the victims of mass shootings yet they will happily plaster this woman's face on a continuous cycle 24/7 saying we need to get rid of all the brown people I mean "illegal immigrants".

All the media Fox, cnn, msnbc, etc always covers when a pretty white girl goes missing. In fact cnn and msnbc had pretty good coverage on Mollie. The problem is once news of her body was found and an illegal immigrant was involved only one station is bothering to report any of it. hmmm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    It's fucking sad and disgusting that the Right-Wing media in desperation to change the subject off the news of the day are trying to hard to politicize this tragedy while their base takes to insulting Ms. Tibbetts and saying she deserved to die. TRULY PEAK TRUMP'S AMERICA.

If you want to read the absolute hatred and vile of the American right-wing just read replies to this old tweet of Mollie's.https://twitter.com/Motibbs/status/940792919266680833 (HUGE TRIGGER WARNING FOR RIGHT-WINGERS and ANYONE WHO WAS OFFENDED SARAH JEONG in this thread https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...weets-reporter)

And if people insist on politicizing this girls death, I keep forgetting who has control of the House, Senate and Presidency which hasn't passed any laws to prevent "illegal" immigration? Who also is the governor of Iowa and controls the house and senate in that state that allows someone to work and live there illegally for 4+ years? Who turned down $50+ billion dollars in border security offered to them by a Democratic controlled US senate years ago because they refuse to do anything? It's almost as if they don't care...
    Why would the Republicans actually want to end illegal immigration?

It's a huge, huge vote winner for them, it would be suicidal to you know, do what you said you would.

Why would the Republicans actually want to end illegal immigration?

It's a huge, huge vote winner for them, it would be suicidal to you know, do what you said you would.
    https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/edu...t-13171225.php

These are the kinds of people liberals want to be granted citizenship. Absolutely disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Sad news all around. Well atleast her family knows what happened to her.
    Wouldn't have happened if there was a wall. Thank the retarded Democrats.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

It's a shame, but what can be done? If someone wants to break the law and murder someone then they're going to find a way to do it. /s

It sucks, but I do love how conservatives will trot out any and all wrongdoing by any illegal immigrant, no matter how statistically insignificant it may be, and try to use it as evidence that all illegal immigrants are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    It sucks, but I do love how conservatives will trot out any and all wrongdoing by any illegal immigrant, no matter how statistically insignificant it may be, and try to use it as evidence that all illegal immigrants are terrible.
    Fixed that for you...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    It's a shame, but what can be done? If someone wants to break the law and murder someone then they're going to find a way to do it. /s

As the the left tries their very hardest to say criminals are less likely to break the law while they're already breaking the law.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    As the the left tries their very hardest to say criminals are less likely to break the law while they're already breaking the law.
    If you have a bunch of drugs in your car, are you gonna suddenly start speeding or weaving recklessly?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    If you have a bunch of drugs in your car, are you gonna suddenly start speeding or weaving recklessly?
    If you're in a country illegally, are you going to kidnap and murder a girl for telling you to stop creeping on her after you got out of your car and started running after her?

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    If you're in a country illegally, are you going to kidnap and murder a girl for telling you to stop creeping on her after you got out of your car and started running after her?
    I thought conservatives were individualists, so why do you keep blaming an entire group of people for the actions of a few? Some undocumented immigrants are going to be shits, that's just true of any group of people. It isn't unique to undocumented immigrants.

It's a tragedy, but statistically insignificant in the grand scheme of policy making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mollie Tibbetts case: Illegal Immigrant Charged With Murder

Fixed your title for you.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK