Poll: which version of the game did you guys enjoy the most?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Where is the option "current expansion"?

Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    And please do mention why, thank you ;-)
    Lich King all the way. Story line, quest areas. Felt inviting. Less pirate and more hero

MoP contentwise for me was the best other than Panda's being everywhere and super fucking annoying. SOO lasting forever also wasn't great. Overall though the expansion was pretty solid. ToT is still my favorite raid to date. Vanilla still holds a special place in my heart though as the game was new, fresh, and very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Where is the option "current expansion"?
    It says BFA at the bottom?

Eeek. Too close for me between BC and Wrath but I picked Wrath. LK fight on heroic was just too intense. I loved Sunwell to death but yeah.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

For high end players, TBC for sure. For the more casual? Wotlk, Legion or perhaps BFA, we'll see.
    We humans have to stick together

Wrath.

10 mans for pugging. 25 mans for raiding. Good levelling with flying at the end. Naxx for those that never saw it. Good villains in Yogg Saron and Arthas. Hard modes on individual encounters for a tier. The best tier. Ever. LFD. Frost tanking.

Deleted
    Unfortunately Wrath was the pinnacle. And the second half wasn't as good as the first. The amount of work that went into the art, the music, the game - compared to now, shows the focus is not this Wow project now. Some exciting things ahead I think and hats off to those that will endure bfa and already survived legion and wod, we owe you one.

MoP: great PVP expansion and the last expansion before things were significantly dumbed down. Resilience (for a while), PVP power, reforging, interesting secondary stat theorycrafting, combat-relevant professions, good pvp/pve crossover without getting too crazy, crossrealm arena, competitive rbgs, honor and conquest points to buy gear, raids were fun even as a PVPer, even the battle pet system was fun for a bit. Having a secondary spec was taxing and took farming, not like today where everyone has 2-4 specs and nothing matters.

Technically Vanilla is the best for replay value and longevity but that's not really a fair comparison.

WOTLK, because it was the expansion I waited most for.
    I played Wc3, both ROC and TFT. And I wanted to finish the Lich King story.
    It also had Ulduar, the first that big titans/old god raid(AQ40 wasn't that epic compared to the Ulduar).
    And I played 41/5/25 in PvP as a rogue, which was awesome back then.

Haven't been here since day one but I started a month before BC I think. BC was my favorite due to it being all entirely new for me. No-lifed it during BC. Wrath was my fav story wise, love the type of environments (woods and cold) loved the undead, loved arthas's storyline. The gameplay itself was never super amazing to me.

Vanilla and most of TBC I was a total noob for. (My end game in vanilla was trying to get gold for epic mount. Most I did was heroics in TBC, end game for me was dailies to get epic flight).

Wotlk was when I leveled a tank and got into raiding. I would say it was my favorite for nostalgia reasons (+ lore, packed servers)
    but I think MoP was my favorite overall.

MOP in general had the best encounters of any expansion. Wrath had Ulduar, but that was all it had. MOP's patch system was also very cool, no clue why they abandoned the .1 & .3 vs .2 &.4 system.

I haven't played since literally day one. However, I started early enough to get my wolf statue (2-3 weeks after launch).

Raid healing has always been my chosen role and the one thing that I enjoy head and shoulders above all else in this game. Given that, while I had fun in both Vanilla and TBC especially, it wasn't until we did Sarth +3 drakes that I understood the full potential for enjoyment that a raid encounter could bring. Ulduar hard modes raised the bar on this significantly and so rating anything before the advent of HM/heroic/mythic raiding as my favorite is just impossible.

My absolute favorite time in WoW was raiding hard modes in 10 man and this wasn't possible in Wrath. Cata had two really strong first tiers in terms of 10-man HM raiding but the lackluster nature of Dragonsoul (and the long period of time we were subjected to it) ruined it for me. MoP had a lot of really compelling raid encounters and was the last time 10-man HM raiding was a thing unfortunately. Since moving back to fixed 20-man mythic raiding, I have not been able to participate so MoP gets my vote.

TBC for me.

I loved the raiding, and to this day Black Temple and Karazhan are still top raid designs. Also Kaelthas is still one of the best designed fights to this day.

I also loved Outland. Each zone except for Blades Edge has a special place in my heart and I sometimes listen to the music so I can feel like I’m 21 all over again.

Deleted
    Il be hated for it, but Wod was my favorite expac, music, zones and i love still it had great raids and dungeoons with my all time favorite raid being brf.
    had no titanforge, legiondaries, no dailys (wq's) and heroics needed for for progression from day 1 till last day of expac even when doing mythic, no need to do heroic/normal raid due titanforge.
    WW's and monks still had their more unique stuff,dks were still betetr there aswell. it was great for alts, ashran was fun i found. the pvp gear being higehr lv in pvp was great and was good catchup gear.

Dint have so much problems with guilds falling apart all like legion,most of my friends still played then.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be interesting to see how fake these votes are, people are so desperate to say they played in vanilla, to claim that you started when the game launched is in most cases 100% false.

At the time definitly WotLK. I liked Vanilla but i disliked TBC and the forced arena nonsense.
    WotLK was really good and WoW was still fresh enough for me as a game to really enjoy it.

Later expansions may have been better on paper but i guess i was pretty burned out from WoW during Cata, stopped raiding there and played only on and off for the following expansions.