Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legacy Loot Mode working as intended ?

So i love transmog runs. But since they added personal loot to every raid/dungeon released, i lost interest in playing wow.
    Now i hear of this legacy loot system, does this system is working as intended ?
    Thanks for the info,
    cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    it works only on the dungeons and raids from at least 2 expansions ago.

So with a 120 character you get legacy loot mode for everything up to WoD, but not for Legion Content

And yes it works.

For the most part it seems to be working. There's some raids that I only seem to get one or two pieces of loot from a boss still, but I don't remember which ones. I'm mostly just after the mounts at this point.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post

So with a 120 character you get legacy loot mode for everything up to WoD, but not for Legion Content

And yes it works.
    I wanted to try to get gear from wod raids. But last time it was getting personal loot.
    Thanks

Just did a Hellfire Citadel mythic run for mogs this past weekend, I get a decent amount of loot from legacy loot mode. Better than getting a single drop or none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    For the most part it seems to be working. There's some raids that I only seem to get one or two pieces of loot from a boss still, but I don't remember which ones. I'm mostly just after the mounts at this point.
    Old Raids that only ever dropped this little loot (Classic, BC) will continue to do so. Its not meant to buff the loot drops afterall, only return it to before personal.

Too bad they changed that you must be 11 levels higher to enable legacy mode. Means we can't have legacy mode for Legion until we start leveling in the next expansion.

every raid from classic to MoP are dropping the max loot if you were in a full raid group "back in the day" only problem with WoD raids with legacy loot is that the tier bosses are dropping 3 pieces of tier (should be 5-6 random pieces that include raid tokens).

Deleted
    Some bosses are still stuck on personal loot though. Chests like the one from The Seven in Blackrock Depths are still on personal loot. But generic bosses that drop loot upon kill should work. Even more items drop now aswell, including LFR. Ulduar Hardmode is bugged though, you either get no hardmode loot at all or only normal mode loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    every raid from classic to MoP are dropping the max loot if you were in a full raid group "back in the day" only problem with WoD raids with legacy loot is that the tier bosses are dropping 3 pieces of tier (should be 5-6 random pieces that include raid tokens).
    WoD now aswell since we levelled past 110. Only Legion is not affected, and obviously BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Chests like the one from The Seven in Blackrock Depths are still on personal loot.
    That one is really bugged, the first person to loot chest gets loot, then it despawns so nobody else can get anything from it. I did some tmog runs last night in a 2 man party, BWL was only dropping 1-2 per boss, BWD was only 1-2 normal, 3-4 on heroic (raid defaults to normal if you have diff set to mythic, didn't notice until we got to nef) did Firelands on heroic and it was around 3-4 per boss.

But even with the personal loot bugs, the new system put a massive buff on drop rate for rare items. Got Maladath to drop last night during that BWL, and I've heard that Tusks of Mannaroth from SoO have a way higher drop rate now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post

WoD now aswell since we levelled past 110.
    isnt that basically what i said? =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    isnt that basically what i said? =D
    Sorry, I misread it.

And yes it works.
    Actually it works 75% of the time. There are a lot of bugs with it. Bosses that reward in a chest is bugged about 90% of the time. There are some that work correctly.

Doing an Ulduar boss on Hard Mode no longer guarantees you a piece of HM loot and can give you normal from the chest.

Tier tokens no longer drop majority of the time. You can get 0-3 per boss rather than the 3 you use to. There's more to the list that we have running in our discord for All The Things where people are reporting various issues with Legacy Loot.

Then we have where in Beta MC/BWL any 20/25/40 man raid was dropping 5 pieces of loot. 10/15 was 2-3. Live it seems you get 1-3 depending on difficulty and such.

So yeah, it's no where near working correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, that sucks. Farming previous expansion raid and relative achievements was one my favorite thing to do when I was geared enough with my hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Actually it works 75% of the time. There are a lot of bugs with it. Bosses that reward in a chest is bugged about 90% of the time. There are some that work correctly.

Doing an Ulduar boss on Hard Mode no longer guarantees you a piece of HM loot and can give you normal from the chest.

Tier tokens no longer drop majority of the time. You can get 0-3 per boss rather than the 3 you use to. There's more to the list that we have running in our discord for All The Things where people are reporting various issues with Legacy Loot.

Then we have where in Beta MC/BWL any 20/25/40 man raid was dropping 5 pieces of loot. 10/15 was 2-3. Live it seems you get 1-3 depending on difficulty and such.

Are you sure about that ? Playing the transmog runs was one of the things that kept me going in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

the real question is have you posted this on forums that matter, aka bug reports and suggestions on battle.net?

is brf dropping tier pieces instead of tokens intended? already 2 weeks and i haven't looted a single set piece for my class but i get plenty of pieces from sets of other classes that share a token

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    is brf dropping tier pieces instead of tokens intended? already 2 weeks and i haven't looted a single set piece for my class but i get plenty of pieces from sets of other classes that share a token
    it should be dropping tokens that turn into tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    I wanted to try to get gear from wod raids. But last time it was getting personal loot.
    Thanks
    You'll need to be at least level 111 or the legacy loot mode won't activate, I believe.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

And yes it works.
    I wonder with personal loot do you always get a single drop from every boss in legion raids?