Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Aug 22 Hotfixes, PvP Scaling Changes, Dev Interview - Sylvanas isn't Another Garrosh

Lore Loose Ends: Where is Hope?

A Scientific Recipe Is This Week's Brawl - Play With Boomsday Deck Recipes

Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes - August 22, 2018

Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - August 22, 2018
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Achievements
    • Alliance players can now access all treasure chests for Treasures of Vol'dun.

Azerite Powers
    • The spec restrictions on some Azerite traits have been loosened, to allow selection when the power of the trait can be utilized by a different specialization.
    • Fixed an issue where Deathbloom (Affliction) did not properly affect detonations triggered by other Seed of Corruption explosions.

Classes

Creatures and NPCs
    • The Brue in Stormsong Valley now has significantly less total health.
    • The Tortollan Seekers at Scaletrader Post should now provide mail services to the Alliance in Zuldazar.
    • Fizzie Sparkwhistle is no longer attackable.

Dungeons
    • Temple of Sethraliss
      • Knot of Snakes should now despawn when the Merektha encounter ends.

Island Expeditions
    • Resolved an issue that could cause the staging timer to be hidden from some players on Island Expeditions.
    • Increasing the staging timer to 45 seconds.
    • Resolved an issue that was causing the enemy AI team to spawn too quickly.

Items
    • Players whose Heart of Azeroth did not receive its item level upgrade at Friendly, Honored, and/or Revered will now receive those upgrades by taking it off and re-equipping it.
    • Ricocheting Inflatable Pyrosaw no longer ricochets quite so far.
    • The Great Sea Ray mount should no longer be unique.

Pet Battles
    • Fixed a bug preventing players from receiving a message directing them to purchase the Greatwing Macaw and Mechanical Prairie Dog, after completing the associated quests. Players who have completed “Rodrigo's Revenge” or “Inspection Gadget” should visit Dana Pull in Boralus - and be sure to bring your polished pet charms!
    • Creepy Crate will no longer creepily consume itself shortly after being summoned.
    • Toxic Wasteling will no longer be stuck in place shortly after being summoned.

Player versus Player
    • Reduced the scaling benefits given to lower-level players in PvP.
    • Horde and Alliance Bounty bags dropped by bounty targets now correctly grant 100 Honor.
    • The "Call to Arms" World PvP quests can now be shared, and no longer require you to loot an Air Supply Drop to complete.

Quests
    • Fixed a bug causing Genn Greymane to disappear on “Proudmoore’s Parley”.
    • Brother Pike should no longer disappear for "Ritual Effects" and "The Strength of the Storm".
    • Your name will no longer display as ‘Akunda’ when you enter Temple of Akunda after completing "Ending the Madness".
    • Scout Mckellis is now available at the turn-in location for "Powder to the People" and "One Man Against the Horde".
    • Horde players must now have World Quests unlocked to begin the Forgotten Cove quest line in Stormsong Valley.

World Quests
    • There are now an appropriate number of enemies in the area when “Azerite Empowerment” is active.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented some players from being able to complete “Umbra’rix”.

World
    • Gloom Hollow now provides Horde players with rest while in War Mode.

PvP Scaling Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Level 110 -120 PvP Scaling
    We're preparing a hotfix to go live soon which will widen the power gap a bit between players between 110 to 120. This means that, for example, a 120 will be stronger against a 115 after the hotfix than they are on live today.

Regarding lower level players being stronger at a lower level than they would be at max level, we haven't found that to be the case. (Though to be fair, that was regretfully the case in some situations in beta and on live because of bugs.)

In the case of Venruki, we loaded both characters internally and tested the scenario (exact spell sequences, etc.) with his Druid opponent at max level with gear the same iLevel as his Mage. Venruki would still of lost in that scenario if the Druid was at the same level and iLevel as him, so it is not a scaling issue between players of different levels but perhaps something else (1v1 class balance, item choices, etc.).

Actually, the PvP scaling changes are now live. We'll continue to monitor things and make changes where necessary. Thanks everyone. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

PvP Scaling Below Level 110
    There is no scaling below 110

Except... There is: https://clips.twitch.tv/TameWiseJaguarUWot

This was a bug with the resilience stat scaling, which has been fixed. There is no scaling tech applied to player vs player combat under 110. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Developer Interview - Sylvanas isn't Another Garrosh
    PCGamesN has stated in a presentation at Gamescom, producer Michael Bybee has addressed the issue of people claiming that Sylvanas is Garrosh 2.0.

• There are no plans to repeat stories from previous expansions (as in Garrosh)
    • There are other plans in store for both the Alliance and the Horde in terms of story.
    • Sylvanas's burning of Teldrassil is just one part of a larger story that the team is planning to tell and has been planned out for a long time.
    • The story of Battle for Azeroth is very long.
    • The team is super excited about where the story is going to go and is not going to do to Sylvanas what was done to Garrosh.
    • When Eurogamer asked about Teldrassil growing back, Bybee said "It is a magical tree, and it's not the first magical tree"

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you frantically have to explain that your storyline won't be as bad as in previous years, and people have to be patient because the story will get better - then this is probably a sign that something's not quite right with your storytelling

no ele shaman notes? cool...

I guess I'll just continue sucking at 2-4 mob trash packs and getting carried through most of the dungeons in general.. even when I outgear other classes..

single target isn't even good enough to make up for it... like come on man! how can you recognize feral and ignore others at the same time?!?!
    Last edited by justinope; 2018-08-23 at 10:43 AM.

Wtf is that shit feral buff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    When you frantically have to explain that your storyline won't be as bad as in previous years, and people have to be patient because the story will get better - then this is probably a sign that something's not quite right with your storytelling
    Exact same idea. Did I tell you a woman wrote that story? This is pure damage control.
    I bet they are rewriting this trash right now. It was clear from the short video that Sylvanas destroyed the tree from an emotion spike. End of story.
    They will try to wash it with "she was forced to do that (old gods, left over dreadlords)" but NO. It was a pure reaction of her emotions. Everything before the shore cinematic implified she wanted to take over the tree and not destroy it...

This is genocide and the punishment is death. So yeah this is another Garosh story but with more emotions.

And if they have to force out a phatetic spin to save the girl like Sylvanas was not the real one at the shore... Well I will have to spit on their writers. Shame on you.
    Btw Sylvanas should have executed the orc at that shore before ths cinematic to failing her orders and committing high treason. "Hi, I am Sylvanas and I don't see a bloody bag in your hands, orc. Where is Malf's head exactly? Because you know my idea is to put the head on a spike?I told you at the camp... Hey hero, yes, you. You were there, what has happend? Ohh so you are not telling me well another high treason. hang them!"
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2018-08-23 at 11:14 AM.

Comment would make sense if we didn't come off of Legion which was one of the best storylines in WoW's entire history, and given how lengthy, large, and the scale of it. Probably the best story, blowing past TBC's rather meger 'Kill Illidan because reasons' storyline.

So yea.

Maybe forum posters should tone done.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by justinope View Post
    no ele shaman notes? cool...

I guess I'll just continue sucking at 2-4 mob trash packs and getting carried through most of the dungeons in general.. even when I outgear other classes..

single target isn't even good enough to make up for it... like come on man! how can you recognize feral and ignore others at the same time?!?!
    blizzard already stated that ele shaman and shadow priest are gonna get changed in 8.1
    and the feral changes don't do anything...

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to me it's more a sign that alot of people are incredibly pathetic and don't have the patience to simply see what it all leads to without screaming and crying about it. So yes they have to comfort them somehow..

Sad really.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

damn i was watching live when ven got rekt by that druid, i wish i could see his reaction to this post.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Desto Locks still on the Bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Comment would make sense if we didn't come off of Legion which was one of the best storylines in WoW's entire history, and given how lengthy, large, and the scale of it. Probably the best story, blowing past TBC's rather meger 'Kill Illidan because reasons' storyline.

So yea.

Maybe forum posters should tone done.
    But why ? They obviously know better than Blizzard !

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    Seems to me it's more a sign that alot of people are incredibly pathetic and don't have the patience to simply see what it all leads to without screaming and crying about it. So yes they have to comfort them somehow..

Sad really.
    I sure hope you are posting this only out of spite, because it's a terrifying prospect for the future of the industry if people are actually holding that kind of thinking about fiction presentation in a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope you are posting this only out of spite, because it's a terrifying prospect for the future of the industry if people are actually holding that kind of thinking about fiction presentation in a video game.
    Then let it be terrifying.

Just because I'm able to let something play out before crying like a little bitch about it doesn't mean I enjoy it nor agree with every decision made.

If it ends up being totally bad, so be it. It's not the end of the world.. of warcraft.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    Exact same idea. Did I tell you a woman wrote that story? This is pure damage control.
    What an utterly incel thing to say. I had problems believing someone would actually say shit like that, thank you for opening my eyes.

The problem here is a sperg ridden community who cannot control their emotions because of a story. While I agree that Sylvanas' Warbringers short made it seem as she did it on a whim, the collectors edition stories and in game interactions painted a better picture that was actually more cohesive. Instead of doing what most people do these days; instantly jump to conclusions, express your outrage on twitter and look for more shit to be angry about. Why don't you take a step back and try looking at the story from different perspective. Read all the materials, have patience, you're behaving like tabloid-reading halfwits who love a cheap thrill.

I feel like her becoming another Garrosh was a slight concern to me even. I'm just glad we won't have to see this again. Hopefully.

Weird, I thought it was a sign of a toxic/crappy internet fanbase that can't wait to see how things go down and just piss on it now instead.

I bet they are rewriting this trash right now. It was clear from the short video that Sylvanas destroyed the tree from an emotion spike. End of story.
    They will try to wash it with "she was forced to do that (old gods, left over dreadlords)" but NO. It was a pure reaction of her emotions. Everything before the shore cinematic implified she wanted to take over the tree and not destroy it...
    Unlikely, if not completely zero chance, considering development times.

This is genocide and the punishment is death. So yeah this is another Garosh story but with more emotions.

And if they have to force out a phatetic spin to save the girl like Sylvanas was not the real one at the shore... Well I will have to spit on their writers. Shame on you.
    Btw Sylvanas should have executed the orc at that shore before ths cinematic to failing her orders and committing high treason. "Hi, I am Sylvanas and I don't see a bloody bag in your hands, orc. Where is Malf's head exactly? Because you know my idea is to put the head on a spike?I told you at the camp... Hey hero, yes, you. You were there, what has happend? Ohh so you are not telling me well another high treason. hang them!"
    You’re absolutely right on all levels, but this is an MMO after all and Blizzard always has to “play it safe”. They don’t want to sabotage their own company and lose players over such controversial story events, that’s why the story will always be cliche.

So you’re right but realistically what you’re saying cannot and will not happen. And yes, they’re likely re-writing some parts but we’ll never know :/
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Some people just like to bitch about everything.

Deleted
    she probably burned it because she "heard" "knows" that there is an evil force in that tree.

it so pathetic that blizzard even has to come out time and time again because horde fangirls dont want to belive that their beloved sylvanas could actually be a psycho...

yet nobody is talking about the night elves... all is about our little girl sylvy. probably will be like "sylvanas does stupid thing which is justified with "uh it stoped the bad guys"" and alliance will be like "dont do that again!" kind of parent to cool daughter dynamic.

i cant wait to see the redemption story for her...

i said from the beginning that they will never make their postergirl become a 2nd garrosh.

she will be the leader of all of azeroth even alliance will kiss her feet.

Love that Demonology buff i've been waiting for! Oh wait, they don't care about having 3 viable specs. Silly me.
    Lets just keep Demo single target damage bad....

Deleted
    and if people ask why does feral get some buffs so fast... yet shamans are still waiting for any kind of buff (be it temporary until the corechanges to shamy and priest happen).

its because ferals have a big streamer and his following behind them right now. ofc they will do something about that because 1 streamer can sway the perception about the game really fast... everything is about public relations.