Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I just can't get over flame shock cd. It really boggles the mind, the decision to make such a huge step back in shaman class development.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    I just can't get over flame shock cd. It really boggles the mind, the decision to make such a huge step back in shaman class development.
    I could live with the CD if they hadn't reverted Lavaburst back to needing Flameshock on the target in order to crit.
    It feels bad and very antiquated with the speed of target switching requirements these days.

I'm good with using Frost Shock as our movement ability.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    I could live with the CD if they hadn't reverted Lavaburst back to needing Flameshock on the target in order to crit.
    It feels bad and very antiquated with the speed of target switching requirements these days.

I'm good with using Frost Shock as our movement ability.
    I mean both versions were in beta:

- Lava Burst critting without Flame Shock
    - Flame Shock having no CD

They removed both. The question is: why? It feels like awful game design. I mean changing one of them... okay. But both to the inferior versions?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The most constructive feedback that you can give will be rerolling to other classes. Unless there will be mass exodus of shamans it's highly unlikely that Blizzard will do anything other then post fixing shamans later in the expansion.

I'm dead serious btw. After maining shaman for 6 years I cannot bare it anymore.

Deleted
    Elemental got really hit by "Bus Shock" start of the expansion.

I was really happy with almost everything Elemental in Legion. While I'm only 117 right now and things have gotten better since I hit BFA content, it still isn't as much fun.

My shaman was my main in Legion and WoD and i really wanted to play it again in BFA but it's just garbage right now, enh feels boring but does good dmg, ele is just trash all around and unplayable. Kinda sad Shamans always get this treatment, its almost just expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe View Post
    I was really happy with almost everything Elemental in Legion. While I'm only 117 right now and things have gotten better since I hit BFA content, it still isn't as much fun.
    It gets a little better with gear but the top classes still crap on us in comparison.

For Boss fights in Mythic 5 mans we're fine since the Ele is up for each one and lasts for a good chunk of the fight. We're so reliant on him for damage and that's one of my biggest pet peeves right now.

When Stormkeeper is up we're great on trash. When it isn't we're reliant on multiple levels of RNG. Both for Overloads and to proc Aftershock. I can go from double the next lower DPS on one trash pull with no CD's to almost Tank level with no procs.

If I could change just two things it would be to buff Maelstrom generation of Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning and Lava Burst significantly and to remove Flame Shock requirement of Lava Burst.

Deleted
    After leveling my Ele Shaman to 120 and playing a couple of normal dungeons, i went back to my 116 Hunter to level him up a bit too... boy, was I disappointed... 2k auto shots and 22k aimed shots vs 2k lightning bolt and 9k lava burst...

And blizzard still stays nothing about elemental tuning...

Echo should be baseline.
    Earth shield should be baseline.
    Spirit Wolf should be removed, put baseline or moved to PVP talents. I don't care about this talent. Just move it from talents.
    Utility talents should be reshuffled. Again.

Damage-wise ele is fine and utility is just freaking amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What utility?
    He probably means in PvP/5 man content, where we do have loads of utility.

Obviously, we are very lackluster in raids and bring literally nothing unique to them.

This spec is the weakest 2-target cleave dps spec in the game. And ele is only strong in 5target AOE.
    Blizzard says that ST is weak because ele is stronger in aoe, but this taxonomy is an opinion that does not know the game so much.

In raid, 5-target aoe is a very rare situation.
    Most raid boss are st boss. So ele has no variety. This is why raid-team should benched ele.

Blizzard dev must raise ST dps of ele more than they think.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    He probably means in PvP/5 man content, where we do have loads of utility.

Obviously, we are very lackluster in raids and bring literally nothing unique to them.
    In my opinion it's not about being unique. It's about being versatile. We bring a large toolkit and can adapt to almost every situation. I hope when they do a rework they focus more on those aspects. I would love to be a true supporter again.

I'am okee with flameshock 6 cd's as long as Lava Burst does spread it to 1 add. That would solve our problem for 2-4 add cleave.

ST and mass AoE feels fine in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mike39911 View Post
    I'am okee with flameshock 6 cd's as long as Lava Burst does spread it to 1 add. That would solve our problem for 2-4 add cleave.

ST and mass AoE feels fine in my opinion.
    Another option would be to have Eco also give Flame Shock an extra charge. If Echo is going to stay as a Talent it should effect more than just Lava Burst.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Another option would be to have Eco also give Flame Shock an extra charge. If Echo is going to stay as a Talent it should effect more than just Lava Burst.
    Yeah that sounds nice too.

Deleted
    Tbh in current 5man content we are indeed useful: Purge, AoE Stuns and Slow, ranged interrupts and the occasional offspec heals.
    I DO love the above but I wish ms generation wasnt so slooooooooow... I can only compete in DPS if i spec into Totem Mastery and get some extra maelstrom...

What utility?
    Whole t45 and t75 rows. It's just too weird. It's like everything should be baseline, and you don't pick something, but actually choose what you are willing to loose.

Mark your calenders, the end of the first September week will be the moment when you'll get disappointed.

The target for the first significant balance tuning is aimed for the end of the first week in September.

Even if damage is middle of the pack, the class will still be dogshit because it brings nothing else to the table that other classes dont do better.
    But no other class hurls lava at enemies.