Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So whats the difference from the WQGF leechers and the majority of the people like FelP throwing a lame dot/white hit on a mob im fighting before running to the next WQ?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    "The team wants to improve on making it obvious which quests are the main story."

How about a purple exclamation mark and problem solved?
    This seems pretty complicated... I dunno if we can do that, sorry.

I am only 307 mage and I can already kills mobs a little faster than before. Not sure how a 340 is struggling. More like lying because they are unable to pull dozen mobs at once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Without auto-accept, forming groups is now "PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING".
    This addon could potentially help you: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/lfgmute

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I honestly just want to slap him

they want more data from raids for balance changes

like.... did beta raiding not even matter?
    Probably not enough players of all classes playing to get a detailed read on balance between all of them. This is a frequent problem with beta. Not enough people there.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Not really the point is it? It was taking a rotation that required 2 Kill commands, now it takes 1 KC rotation. Our relative strength is not a measure of how fast we scale with ilvl .
    If your class is in a good position and is performing really well, itll be one of the few to actually see a difference. Its all about how well your class can scale. Most aren't scaling that well. Thus, most people are not seeing a decrease in kill time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Probably not enough players of all classes playing to get a detailed read on balance between all of them. This is a frequent problem with beta. Not enough people there.
    If they have everyone mimicing the same thing, how can they not get enough feedback? If literally every person who plays that class says the exact same thing of it being broken, that should be more then enough feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    If they have everyone mimicing the same thing, how can they not get enough feedback? If literally every person who plays that class says the exact same thing of it being broken, that should be more then enough feedback.
    Because for raids class mix matters, fights matter, mechanics matter and familiarity with the raid matters. You don't get the best read on any of that in beta versus watching the entire game once raids open. That's why their target is the end of the first week of raiding.

About classes being broken: You can find plenty of posts around for every class in the game saying they are broken. If everyone is broken then it's imaginable that balance is fairly decent. There are also a lot of players who will say their specs are broken if they don't look to be in top five or ten. That's impossible of course. Can't have everyone be in the top 5.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I've not experienced it either way, but I will say there's gotta be a middle ground between, "Extremely prolonged and boring" and "Press button, win", right?
    But what is the middle ground? Something that doesn't put a limit. Isn't some cosmetic change or a chore (fly to and from npcs at start/end of quest)

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Because for raids class mix matters, fights matter, mechanics matter and familiarity with the raid matters. You don't get the best read on any of that in beta versus watching the entire game once raids open. That's why their target is the end of the first week of raiding.

About classes being broken: You can find plenty of posts around for every class in the game saying they are broken. If everyone is broken then it's imaginable that balance is fairly decent. There are also a lot of players who will say their specs are broken if they don't look to be in top five or ten. That's impossible of course. Can't have everyone be in the top 5.
    The difference between what I stated and what you stated is consensus. If there is a consensus among everyone who plays a class, and that consensus consists of a few thousand people, then obviously, that thing is broken. If there are like 50-100 people out of thousands who are just rambling about random stuff being broken, then its probably not broken.

Don't need everyone in the top five. Just need there to not be a large gap between top and bottom. That is something they don't seem to grasp. If your top dps is at 20k and your bottom is at 4k, then the bottom needs to be brought up. They go and take others down and thus, we get these gaps forming.

Honestly, it sounds like their issue is they don't invite enough people to test beta and or they don't watch them closely enough to figure out whats wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I'll say it again, Lore always looks so broken. What have we done to our little Marmot.

Their WQ will only work well once they fully copy the dynamic event system Guild wars 2 has:

The event starts and ends dispite players involvement.
    Rewards are given based on participation
    Events happen at random but can be repeated to farm rewards.
    Once an even starts it shows on the map and lasts enough for players close by to join
    Events happen all over the map all the time ( there is always something to do for those that want to )
    They usually involve some piece of lore and some even are chain for bigger events.

It's basically the Fate system FF14 has.
    Last edited by Sabinn; 2018-08-23 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thefatness View Post
    You realize how MMO's work right? Outside of cosmetic items, almost all progression is stripped away at the end of every MMO expansion. It's literally why the game is called a gear treadmill. You replaced legendaries with greens, remember how long it took to get that legendary? MMO's are grinds that rinse and repeat forever.
    Everquest doesn't reset every xpac. I still play it actively. They don't invalidate their content every patch like wow does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you mean how every expansion ever has stripped you at the end of the expac?
    I never said it didnt? It was just more noticable in the past few xpacs. I remember wearing naxx gear in kara so your point is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    I am only 307 mage and I can already kills mobs a little faster than before. Not sure how a 340 is struggling. More like lying because they are unable to pull dozen mobs at once.
    Probably cause not everyone plays blizzards baby class...that has tools for everything...even the kitchen sink.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    I thought one of their major points for forcing personal loot was that it was to avoid social pressure? So why are they now mentioning the pressure of personal loot?
    I wonder if he realize what he just said when addressing that question, hehe.

Has there been anyone in the thread that isn't a spell caster saying that they have no problem killing mobs quickly? Because they should know they don't have to worry about enemies dodge, parry, or block stats and it's disingenuous to say that if they are not having problems, the rest of us shouldn't either.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I'll say it again, Lore always looks so broken. What have we done to our little Marmot.
    The poor guy. He needs a vacation.

The first conquest reward will be an ilvl 340 weapon.

Is that true for everyone doing arena the first week or only for people not able to go beyond 1800 rating? They said 1800+ is heroic quality gear.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I don't get the comments here that act like the world quest addons haven't been changed to work again by doing a work around.
    they haven't, you either completely missed what they did pre 8.0 or you don't know what they do now

pre-8.0, you could roll up into a WQ and the button would pop up asking if you wanted to start or find a group, if you did, you hit a button and it did all the work of finding you a group or creating one.

it can't do that now

the lack of auto-accept means you gotta click something about 13 times more to create a 5 man group than you did before, and you have to wait for the other person to do the same.

by then, you've spent 3x as long as you used to soloing the quest and the group is pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The whingers not accepting Ion's answers need to read the definition of:

holistic approach A holistic approach means taking care of something totally in all aspects. ... Holistic medicine is a form of healing that considers the whole person body, mind, spirit, and emotions in the quest for optimal health and wellness.
    Could you please explain?