Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Beware: Your Honor Levels May Vanish

Just a heads up...
    Last night I noticed while doing my world quests that I was around 400 honor from Honor 150, so I decided to head back to Broken Shore to complete two fast PVP tower quests to cap it out and go back to questing.

Instead when my bar filled I was greeted with no achievement or mount. Confused, I opened my achievement panel and saw that the date on my Honor 125 achievement had refreshed itself and was now showing as yesterday's date, yet my in-game honor level is displaying as Honor 129.

Since expac launch I've done exactly two random battlegrounds and two PVP tower quests and various warmode kills. Not nearly enough honor gain to go from 125 to 129 in a 24 hour period.

I've ticketed it, but so far just received generic advice about logging in and out of all my toons, which was obviously the first thing I tried.

So a heads up, folks; keep an eye on your honor level, not only are the high prestige players from Legion punished with dual rewards, but sometimes the achievements themselves bug out and overwrite their dates.

Well coded, eh?

I was level 19 before expansion hit, leveled my mage to 120, did 2-3 BGs and now I'm 24. Not sure what's going on really.

Maybe because if you are near 150 already now, its quite suspicious that you participated in the farm on Darkshore and maybe (we can only hope) they will punish those who did exploit the system by reducing what they farmed?

Quote Originally Posted by LiPiNo View Post
    Maybe because if you are near 150 already now, its quite suspicious that you participated in the farm on Darkshore and maybe (we can only hope) they will punish those who did exploit the system by reducing what they farmed?
    Ya right.

If they were going to do any punishment it would have happened a long time ago.
    Oh hi

Quote Originally Posted by LiPiNo View Post
    Or I do a lot of rated and random battlegrounds , which is pretty decent honor income.
    People that exploited Darkshore are easily above Honor 300, Honor 150 isn't that high if you're an active participant in PVP.
    You should probably know things before you make such accusations, pissant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Ya right.

If they were going to do any punishment it would have happened a long time ago.
    Nope, just happened, literally 10 min ago. I received a mail from Blizzard saying I just got a warning on my account, then I checked I was honor level 120 this afternoon and now I'm 86, exactly were I was when I exploited the darkshore thingy. So if you, like me, exploited the shit out of that, be ready to get your honor levels taken away. Fair enough, it's no big deal, I still get to keep "the unstoppable force" title which is silly.

This is the email:

Account Action: Warning
    Offense: Exploitation of game mechanics

Recent activity on this account has shown characters exploiting functionality to the detriment of the game environment or the intended player experience.

The account holder is responsible for all activity on the account. We issue suspensions and closures to protect our players and our service in accordance with our Blizzard EULA: https://blizzard.com/company/legal/eula.html and WoW Terms of Use: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...ermsofuse.html

Exploitive gains such as items or currency may have been removed as part of this action. Further inappropriate behavior may result in additional penalties, including permanent closure. For dispute of this action and further information on exploitative activity, please review our appeal process: http://battle.net/support/article/000166944

In some cases, these actions happen when a third party compromises an account to sell gold or other in-game property. If you believe your account was compromised, please follow these important instructions:
    http://battle.net/support/article/14319

Thank you for your time and for understanding.

Regards,

Customer Service
    Blizzard Entertainment
    https://battle.net/support
    Last edited by Metallourlante; 2018-08-24 at 12:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitka View Post
    Or I do a lot of rated and random battlegrounds , which is pretty decent honor income.
    People that exploited Darkshore are easily above Honor 300, Honor 150 isn't that high if you're an active participant in PVP.
    You were saying?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter how much you exploited, I gained 20 honor level or so, only to get the title I was interested in, they started to punish us, I just asked and at least 3 more guildies got the same email and the same honor levels removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serves ya right.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    Serves ya right.
    Of course, considering I'm still keeping the rewards so in the end it's not a big deal. They removed the honor levels but not the titles/rewards. Nice touch.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP exploiters.

Not sad for them.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I feel so bad for you all. No, really, I do. Honest. True story. So undeserved.

Now if only they had also included a suspension...

what exploit did i miss? just for info , "IF" its fixed of course , othewise no need to post it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    I feel so bad for you all. No, really, I do. Honest. True story. So undeserved.

Now if only they had also included a suspension...
    Suspension? For what? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    what exploit did i miss? just for info , "IF" its fixed of course , othewise no need to post it
    It's fixed, don't worry. Basically during the first week of darkshore WQ there was an exploit that allowed you to form a 40 man raid vs a 40 man raid of the other faction and keep killing each other over and over, giving you a shit ton of honor points.

Lol people seem to be upset about other people cleverly using game mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oh shit. I did some 40v40 in Darkshore too. I wasn’t exploiting, it was an actual battle. We weren’t giving anybody free kills. I hope I’m not included in this silly punishment.

Just a heads up...
    Last night I noticed while doing my world quests that I was around 400 honor from Honor 150, so I decided to head back to Broken Shore to complete two fast PVP tower quests to cap it out and go back to questing.

Instead when my bar filled I was greeted with no achievement or mount. Confused, I opened my achievement panel and saw that the date on my Honor 125 achievement had refreshed itself and was now showing as yesterday's date, yet my in-game honor level is displaying as Honor 129.

Since expac launch I've done exactly two random battlegrounds and two PVP tower quests and various warmode kills. Not nearly enough honor gain to go from 125 to 129 in a 24 hour period.

I've ticketed it, but so far just received generic advice about logging in and out of all my toons, which was obviously the first thing I tried.

So a heads up, folks; keep an eye on your honor level, not only are the high prestige players from Legion punished with dual rewards, but sometimes the achievements themselves bug out and overwrite their dates.

Well coded, eh?
    I did notice that the pvp WQs are only giving 10% of the honor they used to. 30 opposed to 300 for the towers, 50 opposed to 500 for the FFA.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Oh shit. I did some 40v40 in Darkshore too. I wasn’t exploiting, it was an actual battle. We weren’t giving anybody free kills. I hope I’m not included in this silly punishment.
    They're probably just looking at people that mysteriously jumped 20+ levels in a single day. Progress like that just isn't feasible by normal gameplay means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I guess it depends on how many hours did you do that, but more importantly I think they are gonna see how much kills you got in, let say, an hour, for example the raid I was in wiped the other raid in 10 seconds and then the other way around,so I would worry too much if I were you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    They're probably just looking at people that mysteriously jumped 20+ levels in a single day. Progress like that just isn't feasible by normal gameplay means.
    Or that, yes. To be honest it's more plausible what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I did notice that the pvp WQs are only giving 10% of the honor they used to. 30 opposed to 300 for the towers, 50 opposed to 500 for the FFA.
    This is good as well, the best way to 500 shouldn't be grinding old WQ's on 50 alts a day for 3 years.

the only people who should be honor 500 or a high honor level is those actually doing loads of REAL PVP, why the fuck should you PvE your way to it.