Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If 10% is not worth it on your server, turn it off, if it is worth it turn it on.

Really not that difficult, and if your brain is still cut about losing 10% because of faction imbalance on your server, spend $30 to transfer, and if you think $30 is not worth the trouble for 10%, don't transfer...

15+ Year Old Account
    I play on a Horde-majority server with War Mode on, and I frequently meet Alliance players. I've been ganked by groups of 3s, and I think it's fine.

P.S. Alliance players that I meet are not from my server. Hail sharding
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    No shit.

I'm really glad it exists, though, so I can use my old characters stuck in PVP realms again. Never cheered so hard in a Blizzcon like when they announced war mode.
    Really glad it seems to be a positive things for both PvPers and PvErs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    The 10% doesn't only count for XP though, that's the point. It also applies to WQ rewards (including Azerite, which directly effects the strength of your character in PvE). If leveling XP was the only thing that War Mode affected then it wouldn't be a big deal, I agree. But it's not the only thing.
    If you want more, you gotta do more. If you just play to play, this'll not be much of a loss.

Can you seriously tell me that a competitive guild is going to give up 10% faster Azerite farming? This is an issue, and remains an issue even after you are level 120.
    Well, this is always so easy to answer. Competitive players choose to be competitive. On with your warmode if you believe it'll give you an edge, and get farming. You don't NEED it but just like EVERY other expansion, if you want to reach more you gotta do more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It was a shit concept to begin with - that is to give 10% """"""""""""compensation"""""""""""" for the partaking players.

Like what the fuck do you need COMPENSATION for? If you like wpvp so much, take it with all that's coming with it - that is corpse running from dying to a bunch of gankers.

The fact it will become unbalanced in favor of one faction (guess which one might that be) was obvious from the start. Yes, now they blame it on players forming raids and staying on the shards even after disbanding, but seeing how the absolute majority of the competitive raiders are horde, therefore every extra percent matters, they will obviously want to keep warmode on. Alliance will either resort to certain guillera warfare since most people won't have the nerve to deal with that, or FINALLY transfer to horde, as per Ion Hazzikostas' wise advice. I mean that guy can't make himself more obvious, lol.

I wonder whether they remove the 10% or implement a "call to arms" mechanics to force (yes, force) people to get flagged and take part in this meme shitshow they call world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    They tell you it's to make up for time lost, but it's bs really. They are trying to force people into it.

World pvp has dailies already that reward it, besides the honor gains. That by itself is the reward for it, for those that wish to play it. The 10% are trying to force people into it.
    Even then, it won't work out, because world pvp in this world isn't people casually finding each other while questing, it's groups arranged through the group finder to camp town entrances and quest path checking points. Aka griefing.

Tried it for a few days and turned it off when i realised it was random people questing vs a dozen others. not exactly any fun in that type of confrontation.
    I imagine many others thought the same given they are saying their participation numbers are below expectation. Hope they can come to accept most people aren't into unbalanced pvp.
    That’s wpvp.

It’s impossible to balance. You can’t prevent people from ganking or camping nor to group and camp smaller or bigger flight points or going around destroying everything they meet. It’s up to people, not to the game. Live with it or leave it.

For the moment I chose to leave, after 14 years of levelling into a PvP server I can finally embrace peace and love time. Will probably try with alts, but not for the bonus, for the sake of pvping.

Warmode is fine. I turned it off after suffering two days as a warlock and have never looked back. I accept not having the 10% bonus to have my sanity back and not being killed over and over by melees.

So there is a clear tradeoff for both sides. You just have to choose and accept the consequences. Nothing to moan about here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFather View Post
    The 10% boost is to make up for the time that you have to run to your corpse and all that.
    A year ago you would have called that "pvp happened" What changed, eh?
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    The bonus was only noticeable while leveling. No point in having it on at 120 with how boring PvP has been post MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    Find people that have WM off so you won't have summon stone problems anymore.
    Ohh that doesn't help lol, you just get summoned into a big group of enemy players lol....

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit I'm having fun and I'm not a pvper, most of the time other horde player help with the alliance if needed during wq
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

10+ Year Old Account
    For people who don't PvP, it feels bad to know that you're missing out on 10% xp, 10% resource earning, and a huge amount of extra damage and/or abilities in world content. Obviously this differs by class, but certain PvP talents are amazing for open world content.

Not only that but it's made summoning people to dungeons a lot more difficult. On alliance the split is about 50/50, so you need 3 people at a summoning stone instead of 2 in order to start summoning people.

After 10+ years of playing on PvE servers and not really caring at all what world PvP fans get up to, it's now a major feature of the game and is proving to be a pretty hefty detriment to people who only PvE.

I don't see why there suddenly needed to be a carrot to encourage people to world PvP. The idea of letting everyone choose whether or not they want to world PvP is fine, but was it really necessary to offer huge incentives to turn it on? And thereby making anyone who chose to remain in PvE feel much less powerful?
    Translation: "I want to reap the rewards of turning on war mode without the negative consequences of doing pvp hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

What are you going to cry about next? Wanting free money so you don't have to work?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Anyone who didn't have War Mode on at launch shot themselves in the foot tbh. Since Horde and Alliance started on different continents there was no risk at all, just free 10% xp.

Deleted
    Typical millenial who wants to have all perks without the downsides, thats not how the world works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    I wonder whether they remove the 10% or implement a "call to arms" mechanics to force (yes, force) people to get flagged and take part in this meme shitshow they call world pvp.
    Hell I'd be happy if they did a 100 yard conditional buff, where in every enemy player within that zone gave you a 33% buff stacking and every ally within 200yards lowers it by one level or something. at least that way when groups of 5 Hordes (Seriously why do I almost never see anyone solo horde side) plow into me for the 6th time that day maybe i can kill one or 2 before they bulldoze me into the ground...

That or shard the heck out of them in war mode, regardless on if they are in a group or not.... ohh whats that your poor priest, druid, and demon hunter friend, just got split off into the void? that's really to bad you might have to try and win a fare fight now...

I will say the one thing this whole mess has done is given me a small chain of 1v2 victories over some overconfident gankers that I will hold dear in my heart for a while lol...

Deleted
    I have it perma on and it's awesome. Been playing pvp servers forever, why would I change this now?

- - - Updated - - -

It does make a difference though, and the 10% is not the only perk from War Mode. There are also the talents, which for certain classes significantly speed up world content.

Faction imbalance has always been there in wPVP sure. But never before has there been any incentive to be on a PvP server. You played PvP because you wanted to PvP. Now there are significant incentives that affect PvE. People are going to start faction changing en masse. It can't continue like this, something will have to change very quickly.
    No, people are not going to faction change en masse. It's funny how people always blow things out of proportion to try get their point (often moot) across.

War mode is a good idea but I think it hugely favors rogues who can always escape if something bad happens.

I love it, it enables those who love WPVP to play tpgether and those who dont to avoid it, those partaking in WPVP should get a bonus for it its content at the end of the day, despite its few inconveniences i think its a great feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    War mode is a good idea but I think it hugely favors rogues who can always escape if something bad happens.
    Have been the case since vanilla. And most classes have certain things they excel at. Rogues is WPvP.

Here's the thing about the 10% bonus: even with me having to dodge horde, I still get all my world quests done. I'm getting 10% more AP and war resources that I wouldn't be able to get otherwise. World quests are by far the best AP source, so increasing them is worth it to me.