View Poll Results: Do you believe in 100 k price tag in the near future?

Voters
178. This poll is closed
  • Yes

51 28.65%
  • No

127 71.35%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Eu tokens have almost always been twice as expensive compared to US. So calling them identical makes it look like you dont know what the word identical means. You should though, you are the one with english as your native language.
    Do they not teach you how to read in EU?
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2018-08-24 at 01:26 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good, hope they drop to 30k like in WoD. I use tokens to play the game and dropping 350k for a month was pretty nasty.

Payed 130k like 3 days ago, dunno how it's that high atm.

He's right, EU tokens have always been more expensive than US, and it's never been entirely clear why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    He's right, EU tokens have always been more expensive than US, and it's never been entirely clear why.
    Forex and monetary value? In my country £ has more value than USD.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Forex and monetary value? In my country £ has more value than USD.
    People still think its the actual supply for tokens that controls the price but its actually the demand. When you could get 1.2M gold in OH in month the prices skyrocketed. There isn't simply as much people buying tokens from blizzard store than there was players buying them from auction. Now the demand has been cut since there is no free gold anymore. Token price comes automatically down because there is no reason why the people who buy tokens for gold should stop now, they have their own reasons that blizzard cant really control. The reasons why US token has been cheaper could be boiled down to two points. 1. Players are not using OH to the same extent as players in EU. 2. Players are buying more gold with tokens in US compared to EU. This could be because 20 euros has much more value in EU compared to 20 dollars in US. You cant really say that the overall country economies would have much effect since the people who buy tokens are most likely wealthy enough to do so.

quote. dunno why too.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    People still think its the actual supply for tokens that controls the price but its actually the demand. When you could get 1.2M gold in OH in month the prices skyrocketed. There isn't simply as much people buying tokens from blizzard store than there was players buying them from auction. Now the demand has been cut since there is no free gold anymore. Token price comes automatically down because there is no reason why the people who buy tokens for gold should stop now, they have their own reasons that blizzard cant really control. The reasons why US token has been cheaper could be boiled down to two points. 1. Players are not using OH to the same extent as players in EU. 2. Players are buying more gold with tokens in US compared to EU. This could be because 20 euros has much more value in EU compared to 20 dollars in US. You cant really say that the overall country economies would have much effect since the people who buy tokens are most likely wealthy enough to do so.
    The thing is if you want to maximize return and make the most out of your money the logical thing to do is sell your tokens to EU servers if you spend Euro or £ 'coz you would loose half of the "ROI". I can have two different account or characters both on EU and US and create a scheme to maximize gains. If you are following what I mean.

Nah, that isn't it. I don't see why supply or demand would be lower. We're at the very beginning of a new expansion, you would think demand would be at an all-time high, driving up prices because people want to play without paying.

Token prices cratered because Legion gold missions went away. They generated tremendous amounts of raw gold for zero effort. I made 35-50k gold per day. That has a monstrous inflationary effect. More currency in the economy, value of money drops, prices rise.

Look at all you grownups talking about WoW tokens like it's the stock market.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

10+ Year Old Account
    They look to have mostly stabilized if you look at wowtoken.info. Probably not going to see it drop too much further

If players need gold, and gold isn't readily available, then yes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why gold missions are incredibly shitty (85 gold for 80 resources? For real? ) is to deflate gold value to make it so players need to buy more of them, and by that regard, make the gold value of them go down, and get players to buy more of them with $ to sell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    They look to have mostly stabilized if you look at wowtoken.info. Probably not going to see it drop too much further
    they will drop until they buff the gold gains or something else is coming

Quote Originally Posted by NickCageFanatic View Post
    Look at all you grownups talking about WoW tokens like it's the stock market.
    Why so edgy about it? WoW's economy is similar to the real ones in that there is supply and demand, and it plays directly into the value of things. Since WoW tokens have a dollar value (indirectly, but still) it makes it pretty relevant to discuss.

Stay classy.

Nah, that isn't it. I don't see why supply or demand would be lower. We're at the very beginning of a new expansion, you would think demand would be at an all-time high, driving up prices because people want to play without paying.

Token prices cratered because Legion gold missions went away. They generated tremendous amounts of raw gold for zero effort. I made 35-50k gold per day. That has a monstrous inflationary effect. More currency in the economy, value of money drops, prices rise.
    You do realise that most of the gold that was made with OH was spent on tokens, for other games or game time? Its the demand.

I doubt it'll be getting much lower than it currently is. Converting to Bnet balance is going to allow people to buy virtual tickets for Blizzcon (8.1 information) and pick up the new Call of Duty game as well. After these couple events, we'll likely see another Hearthstone event pop up as well that'll keep it going, and you can assume spikes during each patch of the expansion for people who re-sub to see new content and then let it fall in between.

It's also generally fallen at the beginning of expansions as more people buy tokens to try and cash in on gold to buy things like world BoE items or powerlevel crafting professions. It slowly cranks back up over time to whatever the "average" for that expansion will be. If you look back on web sites that track that (one was linked earlier in the thread) you'll see the same thing happened in Legion; right before launch the price started dropping because people were buying more tokens and trying to get some gold in their pockets for the new expansion, and then over the next couple months the price started creeping back up again.

You do realise that most of the gold that was made with OH was spent on tokens, for other games or game time? Its the demand.
    Cite your sources, please. I never bought a token in my life and I was at 15 million gold before I bought the AH mount.

Doesn't matter, anyway. When you buy a token that gold goes to the player selling it. The gold doesn't leave the economy, so it is not a deflationary measure.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2018-08-24 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    whats the cap nowadays (bnet account)? Just buy some hearthstone packs and reward them to me. I would love you in return!
    Cap is $300 USD
    each token is $15 USD
    I already bought everything I want off of the blizzard store, for me and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    It's not priced by server. It's priced by region. The price on any US server will always be the same as every other US server at any given time.
    Huh, Today I learned!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's 194k it sounds like prices are already starting to rebound.

As for what caused it, no, it wasn't because BFA was so bad everyone quit.

It was people were asking for months now when the best time to buy a token was to maximize your return on investment. And I imagine a lot of people assumed more people coming back for expansion = more people buying tokens, and bought up 5-10 tokens to essentially buy a brutosaur for real money
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)