Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    The retcon is the complete absence of Sharasdal, the resto shaman artifact. That's what created the bubble to stop the waves.
    Where was this entire Sharasdal thing explained or depicted? I don't remember it from War of the Ancients.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They can't, they are already Naga and those that are obsessed with Azshara its entirely plausible to fight N'zoth. She can decide to go her own way anytime she wants. This warbringer showed that, she not beneath the old one but an equal and if it came down to it she could want to be better.

Considering the way Yogg talked, he did seem pretty angry.
    Yeah because if she betrays him I'm sure he will be lenient to her people...you know the people who she forced him to transform for her servitude.

7+ Year Old Account
    wow, the last line was pathetic and unnecessary

the only good thing from this is finally hear N'zoth voice
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-08-24 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Something new-ish came out of both the Jaina and Sylvanas ones. This is just the Azshara backstory we already knew.
    Jaina also didn't show anything new. She still hates the Horde and she regrets killing her father. The song was good, so you didn't notice.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Where was this entire Sharasdal thing explained or depicted? I don't remember it from War of the Ancients.
    In Legion, read the lore section in the class hall.

https://www.wowhead.com/restoration-...of-tides-guide

Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides

By merely touching Sharas'dal, one can feel the weight of the world's oceans at their fingertips. This extraordinary scepter can command the rivers and the seas, and even manipulate life itself.

Just like the tides, Sharas'dal's power can ebb and flow between acts of good and evil. Some have used the scepter to destroy, but its true potential lies in its ability to serve as a fount of healing and hope.

Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, Part One

The ancient night elf empire was one of the greatest mortal civilizations that ever spanned the lands of Azeroth. At its apex, one figure held sway over it all. Her name was Azshara. She was a leader of leaders, a queen of queens. Her power was absolute, and her thirst for knowledge and glory was unquenchable.

Of the records that speak of Azshara, nearly all mention her bejeweled scepter called Sharas'dal. The legends claim it granted the queen command over the world's seas, among other miraculous feats. So cherished was this scepter that Azshara rarely let it out of her sight.

It was with her when she raised the night elf empire to new heights. And it was with her when she later brought the civilization crashing down in blood and fire.

Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, Part Two

An excerpt from The Coronation of Queen Azshara:

""For days the coronation ceremony went on. Each night, the Highborne nobility lavished precious gifts on Azshara to curry her favor, but there was one she cherished more than all the others. A night elf named Lord Xavius presented the queen with a jeweled scepter, etched with delicate magical sigils. He promised Azshara that so long as she kept it close, it would bring her prosperity and great power.

""Azshara held the scepter aloft, and the jewels shimmered in the light of the moons like brilliant stars. The sight of the queen and her gift was so beautiful that it brought many of the attendant Highborne to tears.""

Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, Part Three

At the heart of ancient Azeroth sat a massive lake of scintillating energy called the Well of Eternity. For decades, the night elves studied this fount of arcane magic, and they became learned sorcerers. Queen Azshara carried on this tradition, as did her loyal Highborne servitors. They devoted themselves to plumbing the Well of Eternity's depths in search of knowledge and power.

Perhaps no one was more suited to this task than Azshara. She was one of the greatest magic users who had ever lived. As she honed her command over the lake's energies, she infused a drop of its living waters into her bejeweled scepter.

Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, Part Four

Queen Azshara's enchanted scepter afforded her great power. Imbued with the Well of Eternity's potent waters, it held sway over the rivers and the seas, aquatic creatures of all kinds, and the life energies that stirred within Azshara herself. She granted it a new name, one befitting its remarkable properties: Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides.

One of the first things Azshara did with Sharas'dal was use its power to enhance her legendary beauty. As the years wore on, the queen seemed to grow younger and more mesmerizing. A brilliant aura enveloped Azshara, enthralling those who looked upon her. The Highborne marveled at this strange phenomenon. A few even took it as a sign of divinity.

Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, Part Five

An excerpt from Glory to the Queen Born of Stars:

""Of the wonders our queen brought to this world, perhaps none was so great as Lathar'Lazal. As masons constructed the temple, Azshara shaped the waters around it with the Scepter of Tides. She spoke the names of the rivers and the seas, and they moved at her command. Salt water from the roaring ocean and fresh water from the mountain streams trickled to Azshara's side. With the flick of her wrist, the queen partitioned them into great lakes that hugged Lathar'Lazal's sturdy foundation.

""Creatures of all kinds populated these waters, and they were at Azshara's beck and call. Whenever she walked the bridges of Lathar'Lazal, nearby schools of exotic fish would array themselves in colorful patterns. She even kept a colossal sea giant bound to one of the lakes. She used her scepter to make him perform tricks and feats of strength, much to the delight of the watching Highborne. Curious night elves from the far corners of the empire journeyed to Lathar'Lazal to study the mythical creature and his habits.""

Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, Part Six

As the night elf empire stretched across the world, Azshara spent more and more time in her palace at the Well of Eternity's shores. She obsessed over the lake and used Sharas'dal to manipulate its mysterious energies. Azshara dreamed of making the world into a paradise--her paradise. But it would only be possible if she and her Highborne servitors could harness the Well of Eternity's true potential.

Their reckless experiments eventually sent arcane magic crashing through the Twisting Nether, the realm of demons. In time, the Burning Legion learned of the Well of Eternity and the world of Azeroth.

Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, Part Seven

An excerpt from The War of the Ancients, by the historian Llore:

""Azshara's obsession with remaking the world led her straight into the clutches of the Legion's ruler, Sargeras. The queen forged a pact with him for unfathomable power. All that Sargeras asked in return was for Azshara and her Highborne to summon his minions into Azeroth.

""It was a difficult request, even for such gifted sorcerers. Azshara and the Highborne approached the challenge with great fervor. Legends say the queen helped her servants open a gateway for the Legion's agents. She used Sharas'dal to gather the Well of Eternity's energies and fuel the Highborne's spellwork.

""Through this portal, the first armor-clad demons spilled into Azeroth. Many more would follow. The Legion would march across the land, spreading fire and death, bringing war and cataclysm.""

Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, Part Eight

The War of the Ancients ended in catastrophe. Azshara's hubris and abuse of power would lead to the destruction of the Well of Eternity. The enormous lake buckled in upon itself, eventually igniting a monstrous explosion that shattered the world's surface.

Azshara watched these events unfold from her broken palace. She refused to believe that her dreams of paradise were dead, that the world she had once cradled in her palms was coming apart beneath her feet. Many of the Highborne were just as delusional as the queen, and they remained at her side.

As the ocean roared in to fill the void left by the destroyed Well of Eternity, Azshara raised Sharas'dal high. She wove a magical shield around herself and the Highborne, saving them from being crushed by the colossal waves.

But it was only a momentary reprieve. The howling ocean soon swallowed the queen, Sharas'dal, and her followers.

Then it sucked them down and down into darkness.

Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, Part Nine

From a fragmented text called The Song of Scales, author unknown:

""They drifted into the abyss, but Azshara and her Highborne remained unbroken.

""The darkness around them was absolute, and so the queen willed Sharas'dal to bring them light. It did.

""Azshara's and the Highborne's blood ran cold, and so the queen willed Sharas'dal to warm them. It did.

""Their lungs burned for air, and so the queen willed Sharas'dal to let them breathe the water... but it did not. The scepter could not save them. Oblivion spread its arms and beckoned the desperate Highborne.

""As the ocean crushed the life from their bodies, ancient creatures stirred in the darkness. Their whispers flowed through the currents. Their powers wrapped tight around the queen and her servants.

""The Highborne became something new. Something more.

""A fleece of scales shimmered over their skin. Tails thrashed against the currents. The unknown entities made the queen and her followers one with the sea... they made them into the naga.""

Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, Part Ten

Though Azshara's old empire was in ruins, she crafted a new one far from the light of the sun. The queen and her naga servants created a capital, Nazjatar, at the bottom of the sea. With patience and cunning, they expanded their dominion over the oceans. It is even said that Azshara nurtured an alliance with the mysterious and powerful entities who had transformed them into naga.

As the years wore on, Azshara relied on Sharas'dal less and less. She still treasured the scepter, but she found it was more useful in the hands of her fearsome sea witches. These loyal servants wielded Sharas'dal as a weapon to spread the naga's domain and crush all who opposed them.

Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides, Part Eleven

It was not long before the naga sea witches learned to harness Sharas'dal as Azshara had. With a swipe of the scepter, they drove thousands of aquatic predators into a frenzy and unleashed them against troublesome sea giants. With a whispered incantation, they boiled Kvaldir raiders from the inside out and scattered their remains to the currents.

When the sea witches were not wielding Sharas'dal, Azshara would often carry it at her side and reminisce about times long past. She still remembered Lord Xavius's promise: so long as she kept the scepter close, it would bring her prosperity and great power.

The queen had lost much, but she was not dead. Far from it. In her heart, she knew that one day her empire under the sea would eclipse even that of the ancient night elves. One day, the world would be hers again, and she would not let it slip through her fingers a second time.
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-08-24 at 05:48 PM.

I really hope Azshara knows she won enough plan to develop a plan B. Nzoth and Azshara are manipulators and they will betray each other when the right times comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    In Legion, read the lore section in the class hall.
    Ah, thanks.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    N'zoth is the weakest of them. And no, it was never considered the most powerful.
    Can you confirm? We only know who was the strongest. There wasn't comparision of N'zoth, C'thun and Yogg'saron.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Can you confirm? We only know who was the strongest. There wasn't comparision of N'zoth, C'thun and Yogg'saron.
    I think Xal'atath seems to mention how funny it is the weakest "among us" will be the one to overtake this world or something like that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Fanboy View Post
    The part where they pretend she cares about her people.
    A little propably, but yes, that is retcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remus88Romulus View Post
    N'Zoth. My favorite and most badass of the Old Gods. Top 2 is definitely N'Zoth and Yogg-Saron.

I hope his Hearthstone art is still canon and i believe it is!
    Everyone knows C'thun is overrated.

This was some good manipulation, N'zoth knew he didn't have much time and that Azshara is more slippery than an eel swimming in lube. He played her, he came at her from a position of supposed weakness making her think that he was just an easily angered prisoner. That he needs her more than she needs him, and then he planted that little seed of doubt. Oooh that was cool, just letting her float there. Air bubbles rising up, panic starting to set in and then bam! Tentacle transformation from behind!

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    The Knaifu says:
    Ironic, that the weakest of us may yet be the victor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think N'Zoth's initial reaction to Azshara's refusal of his terms of was one of true anger and fury, but he quickly thought better of it and decided "wait, I would still have all the power in this equation. If Azshara wants to call herself a 'queen' then that's fine by me, she'll still be indebted to me and thus my slave, and rule over all her converted people thereby making them my minions as well. It's a win-win for me, all I have to do is appease her vanity."

But I also wouldn't be surprised if N'Zoth didn't keep her on a short leash, and if she wasn't eternally on watch for ways to turn the tables on N'Zoth somehow.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

They shouldn't have showed N'zoth at all - just keep him as a fish to keep up suspense.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    Sylvanas' added nothing and changed her death from WC3, it was the weakest of the three imo, Azshara at least establishes the murky lore around her and the naga a tiny bit, granted we knew all of this, but not the details and the conditions of the bargain
    Sylvanas' didn't add nothing. It didn't add a lot but it didn't add nothing. It revealed the events of Teldrassil from her perspective. We got a deeper look in to her character.

We never really got that with this. Nothing furthered the story even slightly. It's just visuals to a story we already knew.

I'm not even saying that this one wasn't better than Sylvanas'. It was. It was just more underwhelming than the Sylvanas one because everyone was waiting for something from it that was related to this expansion. In time, I'll probably grow to love this for what it is. But as marketing material for the new expansion to get everyone hyped it sucks.

Azshara right now is one of the biggest mysteries in game everyone is waiting to see more of. We've had Azshara teasers in game for years and this is the expansion we finally get to fight her so you would expect more from it. They really just dropped the ball here.

like I said, in time this one will probably age well because it's great for new people that are just getting in to the lore that want to know about Azshara. But for the players that have been playing for a long time and know about Azshara there is nothing there for them. This really could have used about an extra minute that showed us a bit of what Azshara is doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by HAHA DOOD LMAO XD XD View Post
    The WoW fanbase right now:

I hope the last one is true but we'll see. That's not the impression the voice over gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    I still think she does N'Zoths orders tho

or at least he tricks her into doing them

cant imagine them being equals in the BfA/future "raid boss hieararchy"

Azshara is the Gul'Dan (as they have stated), N'Zoth is the Arch/KJ
    Kinda felt a little bit of arthas and kiljaden vibes from warcraft 3

Honestly I just don't get where people are getting the idea that Old Gods are particularly clever manipulators. They are parasites that can fuck with your head, at best, they are mad themselves and there's so much coherence they can muster.

That N'zoth was able to accept a bargain to have a general instead of another slave also speaks better of him to me, also that Aszhara managed to face an eldritch horror without loosing her wits speaks better of her, so It's a very interesting dynamic.

But here we have, all the people just so offended because Aszhara wasn't the quivering lil b serving her new master *eyeroll*

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Very much in character, I just hope that N'zoth doesn't become her servant, I also thought he would be a little more manipulative. But hey, maybe he is being?
    Oh he probably had plans all along

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    They shouldn't have showed N'zoth at all - just keep him as a fish to keep up suspense.
    Not much of a suspense, when we know how he looks for a long time:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.