Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Now that they fixed the scaling, many 120's feel it is necessary to go and gang up on the low levels. It was good while it lasted, not having 120's killing me just cause I was lower as they knew they would have to put effort in. I don't bother using it now to level, not when theres so many alliance groups swarming the zones. I keep it on my main though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Others have suggested putting the stone IN the dungeon.
    Mythic groups can be ported; it doesn't hurt.
    We insta-port normal/heroic, so why not Mythic dungeons as well? Who cares?
    If it's a keystone run, you still gotta plop the stone in, so there's really no risk, just a reduction of irritation because someone's sitting in Org and cba to drag their lazy ass to the dungeon.
    That's not a bad idea, but there may be an issue with it that I'm unaware of. Or maybe Blizzard hasn't, because they have never needed to in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a PVE only player, i never planned to turn on War Mode, but i got in a group and they had it on, so i was forced to do the same, and you know what, i have enjoyed a lot the War mode, there are enough people going around that you will find that its just a nice extra, you get to fight the enemy faction but you don't really have to, its quite common to see people with PVP on just ignoring each other (i do that a lot), and there are enough players of both factions around that you will rarely see yourself getting killed over and over again by players of the other faction.

Also the Assasin thing is fun, i have seen people go into an enemy camp just to kill 1 guy, but that guy happened to be a rogue so we killed everything in that town but the guy we wanted to kill (And goddamn it, the guards spawn so fast and there are so many)

10+ Year Old Account
    I turned it on during leveling.
    Had some fun with wpvp while in a group with my friends.
    Sometimes got beat up when I was alone, however it didnt kill the enjoyment or questing.

I turned it off now

Funny how that works

I enjoyed War Mode at first but it has reminded me why I left PVP servers. The 10% is not worth the sometimes frustration levels of gank squads showing up and keeping me from doing a single WQ for over 30 minutes. Its just not worrth the 16 extra azerite.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    That's not a bad idea, but there may be an issue with it that I'm unaware of. Or maybe Blizzard hasn't, because they have never needed to in the past.
    I think the thing is, summon stones have always been a thing.
    when you played on a PVP realm, so did everyone else on that realm; there was no fractured "phasing", unless of course the dungeon stone was in a phased part and someone didn't advance the story or whatever (I think that happened to one or two dungeons before).
    Anywho, with this fractured and sharded realm setup, you have people who used to always see each other now on different shards because of an option that can only be toggled on/off in a city that is wholly unrelated to the current xpac (unless I missed something and war mode can toggle in the new capital cities).

It's something unprecedented that is now a thorn in the side of people who get randoms from queue, or even those who invite friends when one or more are in a different shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgaunt View Post
    For this reason.
    The exp buff makes sense and follows that pattern however the resource buff doesn't because resources are set. If there are only x WQ that give X resources, time is not a factor Getting ganked doesnt matter when you are getting 10% more then someone not in warmode because time isn't a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    run your first champ with war mode on, log all of your alts in at an inn for rested bonus, by the time you get your main geared up to where you want them, your alts will be ready to burn through to 120 and should take about the same amount of time, WITHOUT turning on war mode. problem solved.
    This is exactly what I'm doing. Rest caps out at two weeks irl time, right ? That puts me at the end of this lockout, which sounds about right for when I won't have to devote all my free time to my main.

Oh, I looked it up, looks like it's 10 days to accrue full rest. Hrm, maybe I should take the ol' DK out for a spin tonight, at least get her into the new continent ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I do actually have a huge issue with the meeting stone crap. I can say a ton of mythic groups have been held up because of either opposite faction camping the entrance or people being phased and unable to help summon. It feels like such a minor complaint but the amount of times it has totally halted a mythic run and the sheer amount of time it has because of people being unable to summon is ridiculous.

But it got me thinking, so that's good. In particular, about summon stones. Why the fuck are they not just inside the dungeon at the entrance?
    Summoning is a a pain in general. Bring back "have group, will travel". It's once again going to make Warlocks the most desired DPS class.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    You see, this is what people who do not like PvP hates most. Gankfest. No ammount of git gud will help again 5 man teams. Majority are solo players without a chance.
    You can see that very clearly when 1v1 most people just simply pass each other, but as soon as there are more to one side, suddenly fighting starts.
    Sure, there are people who exclusively attack others in 1v1, but they are minority.
    tbh, if i were alone i would never play with warmode on. 10% is nothing, its a piss in the ocean.
    If you are alone it doesnt matter how good you are, youa re going to be a victim more than a victor. "If you are in a fair fight, you didnt plan it properly" is pretty much a rule to live by when it comes to world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    If you are playing an expansion themed around war, and want war mode off. You are playing the wrong game. It's hilarious seeing the same people who freaked out over teldrassil burning, also keeping warmode off.
    If you come into a game that's 99% PVE oriented and expect balanced, good, healthy PVP: You are playing the wrong game.

I'm sorry, but if you want PVP in wow, battlegrounds and arena are right there waiting for you. PVP servers have always been a joke. Open world PVP hasn't been a thing since the first half of vanilla, and it died of neglect the moment the first battleground was opened. War Mode is just the latest mistake that Blizzard has made. And while it's a better mistake than previous attempts, it's still DEEPLY flawed.

Use it to level, turn it off after. The 20 AP you get extra ain't worth the hassle lol
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Use it to level, turn it off after. The 20 AP you get extra ain't worth the hassle lol
    Yea... but after 10 WQs those 20 AP have turned into 200. And after a week it's the difference between an 18 and a 19 neck. And after a months it's prolly gonna be the difference between 23 and 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    10% is fuck all, stop crying
    Well then we can remove it and you won't miss it, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Well then we can remove it and you won't miss it, OK?
    I'm revered with all factions as horde and haven't had it on since the 3rd day, wouldn't phase me

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Yea... but after 10 WQs those 20 AP have turned into 200. And after a week it's the difference between an 18 and a 19 neck. And after a months it's prolly gonna be the difference between 23 and 25.
    Or just do islands which take < 10 minutes and give more AP than WM bonus does and if you die / get camped by raids like is common place atm you'll get more AP/h
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    tbh, if i were alone i would never play with warmode on. 10% is nothing, its a piss in the ocean.
    If you are alone it doesnt matter how good you are, youa re going to be a victim more than a victor. "If you are in a fair fight, you didnt plan it properly" is pretty much a rule to live by when it comes to world pvp.
    10% is a lot in the long run. Probably levels difference in HoA later in expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    As someone who likes wPvP, wouldn't you like it more if the other players you encounter also actively wanted to see world PVP?
    Well first of all, I don't do world PVP very often, but when I do I'd much prefer it was between me and someone else who had signed up to it and not just me ganking a defenceless lowbie who doesn't stand a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    10% is a lot in the long run. Probably levels difference in HoA later in expansion.
    False, 10% is always 10% even in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Or just do islands which take < 10 minutes and give more AP than WM bonus does and if you die / get camped by raids like is common place atm you'll get more AP/h
    Islands, the place where you can farm 300 AP per ~10 minutes for a Neck that requires 25k to level up. A place where you only want to shoot yourself in the head after the second time you're there. What an awesome place.

Gaining AP is terribly slow in this expansion. I'll take every least bit of AP that doesn't force me to go to the hellish place that is known as Island Expeditions.