Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    The scaling of the "azerite reforging" cost makes it so you can't actually test dps accurately on any pieces of gear and forces everyone to farm and carry 2-4 complete sets of different gear depending on the occasion.

For a company that was completely against gear swapping in mythic+ they sure force it upon you in BFA
    Sim yourself smart guy??????

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html

Still as easy as comparing on the fly as trinkets.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The scaling of the "azerite reforging" cost makes it so you can't actually test dps accurately on any pieces of gear and forces everyone to farm and carry 2-4 complete sets of different gear depending on the occasion.

For a company that was completely against gear swapping in mythic+ they sure force it upon you in BFA
    So...the OP logs onto a gamer forum and starts the thread titled "Can we all agree......"

Um...no...we cannot all agree...on anything....especially the validity of a system that has been live for 5 days

Quote Originally Posted by Birdofgerror View Post
    I "got" that info from testing it about 20 times. In those 20 attempts I never saw someone get 3 pieces of loot. However, I don't believe you're lying. That makes 2 different cases now. Did you witness this in a 120 instance?
    That’s called RNG man. Are you new to wow? 1/100 doesn’t mean that after 100 kills you’ll get a drop. It could be 1000 kills and you get 10 drops on the last 10 kills or 10 on the first 10. Random is random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    The only thing I dislike is.....Azerite gear doesnt swap when you swap specs like Tier gear used to. And if this is supposed to REPLACE TIER GEAR this expansion.....it kinda should allow you to have it setup differently between specs and then swap them when you change.
    Not sure if anyone addressed this already (if so, feel free to ignore), but you can do this with the built-in equipment manager. After saving the equipment, you can define which spec it belongs to (via the gear icon). The next time you switch to that spec, it'll auto equip that equipment set.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyKat View Post
    Not sure if anyone addressed this already (if so, feel free to ignore), but you can do this with the built-in equipment manager. After saving the equipment, you can define which spec it belongs to (via the gear icon). The next time you switch to that spec, it'll auto equip that equipment set.
    I mean the talents on the Azerite gear itself, not using separate pieces.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    That's just complete feelycraft though, so let's at least try to be theoretical. Using the logic presented your post, it would actually be a bit more complicated. The chances of getting one item would be 0.8*0.8 (getting loot from the actual boss drops but not random piece) + 0.2*0.2 (getting no boss drops but getting random piece) = 0.64 + 0.04 = 68%. The chances of getting no item would be 0.2*0.8 (getting no boss drop and no random piece) = 16%, and the chance of getting two items 16% (confirm 68%+16%+16% = 100% to cover all cases).

I myself have gotten 3 items from a single run including loot from boss 2 and 3 consecutively. Just because it's unlikely doesn't mean it's impossible. I believe that based on historical drop patterns it's safe to assume that the probability of you (in a 5 man group) getting loot from 2 of the first 4 bosses works like this, with 20% drop chance on each boss (1/5 chance) (ignoring the extra piece from the last boss).

P(loot, loot, no loot, no loot) = 0.2*0.2*0.8*0.8 = 2.56%
    P(loot, no loot, loot, no loot) = 0.2*0.8*0.2*0.8 = 2.56% (this is where you see you can summarize it easily and apply to all cases)
    etc

P(Getting exactly 0 out of 4 items) = 0.8^4 = 40.96%
    P(Getting exactly 1 out of 4 items) = (0.2*0.8*0.8*0.8)*4 = 40.96%
    P(Getting exactly 2 out of 4 items) = 0.0256*6 = 15.36%
    P(Getting exactly 3 out of 4 items) = (0.2*0.2*0.2*0.8)*4 = 2.56%
    P(Getting exactly 4 out of 4 items) = 0.2^4 = 0.16%

The cumulative probability of the above scenarios can easily be summarized to 100%. I for one assume that the two drops from the final boss can not be obtained by the same player hence why I left it out as it would complicate calculations (0.8% drop chance for first item, 0.75% for second etc), but that's also pure speculation.
    But...but Arainie...it's personal loot. Doesn't that mean every player can get loot from any given boss? Isn't that what personal means, that every player has his personal chance of getting loot from a boss, making it possible for all 5 players in a dungeon to get one piece of loot from the same boss? Oh noes....did Blizzard lie to its playerbase again?

Except blizzard said that you shouldn't need to sim to see if a piece of gear is an upgrade. Another failure on their part.
    You shouldn't have to for every piece. For a known thing like an azerite trait things are different. Say you get a new bracer you shouldn't have to sim it to see if it is better. We know what all the azerite traits are and what they are good for the only real variable is how some 1st and 2nd traits balance out for single target or aoe dps/hps.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

looting from boss 1 means you cant loot anything from boss 2 or 3.
    This is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    But...but Arainie...it's personal loot. Doesn't that mean every player can get loot from any given boss? Isn't that what personal means, that every player has his personal chance of getting loot from a boss, making it possible for all 5 players in a dungeon to get one piece of loot from the same boss? Oh noes....did Blizzard lie to its playerbase again?
    What you quoted was only true until this reset so now it's more personal don't be sad, two items can drop on every boss now! More loot for the people!

Not entirely genuine to mark off all complaints as inevitable. Can't please everyone, doesn't mean complaining about individual aspects mean someone thinks the game is shit. Personally I hate the new loot system, and how looting from boss 1 means you cant loot anything from boss 2 or 3. I'm still having a blast.
    What are you talking about, you can get multiple items in 1 run, I’ve watched it happen tfor friends and I’ve gotten 2 in 1 run as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    why it should be wrong? different stat behaves differently, so clearly bis stat could be different in different situation.
    same thing is applied for trait (that are nothing more than glorified stat)
    because blizzard said they are against gear swapping and the need for sim. so if we still need to use sims and swap gear, they are doing something wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    because blizzard said they are against gear swapping and the need for sim. so if we still need to use sims and swap gear, they are doing something wrong!
    when they said that are againt gear swapping?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    when they said that are againt gear swapping?
    june 14th Q&A.

".....
    It is intended that you aren't able to swap gear while inside Mythic+ dungeons.
    People would love to change gear and talents during the middle of raid encounters, but you can't do that. The same idea applies to Mythic+ dungeons. You will have to pick one set of gear and talents for the entire dungeon, as it is one encounter.
    The vast majority of most Mythic+ players aren't swapping gear right now.
    The game will be balanced around not being able to swap gear. Mythic+ dungeons shouldn't be any harder as a result of this, and if the dungeons are harder the team will do tuning to fix it.

The team wants a large item level jump to make it clear that the item is better for you and you should equip it without having to sim things."

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    june 14th Q&A.

".....
    It is intended that you aren't able to swap gear while inside Mythic+ dungeons.
    People would love to change gear and talents during the middle of raid encounters, but you can't do that. The same idea applies to Mythic+ dungeons. You will have to pick one set of gear and talents for the entire dungeon, as it is one encounter.
    The vast majority of most Mythic+ players aren't swapping gear right now.
    The game will be balanced around not being able to swap gear. Mythic+ dungeons shouldn't be any harder as a result of this, and if the dungeons are harder the team will do tuning to fix it.

The team wants a large item level jump to make it clear that the item is better for you and you should equip it without having to sim things."
    that has another meaning. they dont want you to stick with only 1 set of gear. they want you to choose your gear before the start of a m+ instead of simply pick the best for every pull.

Deleted

Ok, you can understand "no simmming needed" in two ways. The first one is literally, but how can this work? You can Not estimate a 2% gain or loss bs reading the tooltip. The 2nd is, m raiders always have to sim, johnny awesome wont play a cripled class if he does not sim. I for ex. Have 7 duplicate 340 pieces and best combo vs worst combo is 3.8% diff... That is very ok in my opinion.

It's more for "damn, I misclicked" or "I just got a new azerite trait on my other piece, I can change this out" (for example, I always want at least one shield for that sweet, sweet defense against getting dazed off my mount)

Gear swapping for different specs though is to be expected. Not sure why you think you need 2-4 sets though. Azerite gear is only 3 pieces, and you'd need, at most, one set of azerite items per spec.

lol , sims mah dude . It would have been nicer if the cost was relative to the piece being reforged , i recently swapped old epics to the tanking spec , each reforging built up he price for the next . In 3 days it gets halved so it's not THAT big of a deal . If they didn't half then yes I would agree it was garbage

Except blizzard said that you shouldn't need to sim to see if a piece of gear is an upgrade. Another failure on their part.
    Shouldn't need to sim, but you want to reforge it back and forth to run in-game sims yourself?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Not entirely genuine to mark off all complaints as inevitable. Can't please everyone, doesn't mean complaining about individual aspects mean someone thinks the game is shit. Personally I hate the new loot system, and how looting from boss 1 means you cant loot anything from boss 2 or 3. I'm still having a blast.
    this is just perception . Tell that to my druid guildmate who got 3 pieces in waycrest manor or ask myself who got 0 in multiple dungeons ? RNG is RNG it can be a curse just as much it can be a blessing