15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Seems like it, which is great for farming levels/gear/currency
    Not really, if they haven't changed how this works people will farm some low level zone instead of going as deep as possible. There's literally no incentive to look for harder content right now, just find a zone you can fully clear without thinking in a couple minutes (or less) and stay there forever.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    Not really, if they haven't changed how this works people will farm some low level zone instead of going as deep as possible. There's literally no incentive to look for harder content right now, just find a zone you can fully clear without thinking in a couple minutes (or less) and stay there forever.
    You can say that about nearly any game.

In WoW you can grind mythic dungeons hoping for a titan proc. It would be boring as shit, but you could do it.

Greater rifts in diablo 3 provided a challenge and got more life out of a dead game. There are issues with infinite scaling. Like it would be more interesting if the challenge came from elsewhere and not just static damage/health buffs but it is what it is. Dungeon crawlers people wanna test their builds out to the max

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post
    Delve is free?
    PoE is free. Full stop.

The only stuff they sell is visual nonsense, stash tabs etc.

All the gameplay stuff, expansions and whatnot are always free.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

For Incursion, I ran a Story/Fate of the Vaal character and Whispering Ice character, both of which were fun though Whispering Ice couldn't really do Incursions; its a super safe build, and quite fun, it just doesn't kill fast enough. I'm running a super Evasion character for the Flashback, which has been quite satisfying, though Kitava was a serious pain the in ass (not sure how Evasion is supposed to do that without dying; just stack up on armor flasks I guess?).

I'm still waiting to see what new uniques and skill gems they show off before the league, but I'm leaning towards a Death's Oath CI Occultist build, since that has been piquing my interest for a little while now. Though if I can get a few other people to play, I may try my hand at a Doedre's Skin support debuffer; I don't think this would be super viable solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, that sounds about right, somehow I always seem to be doing the opposite of what I'm meant to XD. Although, I'm leaning towards an Arc Inq, which apparently is relatively tough, for a caster.

That said there ARE a few new gems to come... If one of them is a decent tank melee attack, I may end up going for that XD.
    I played a self cast arc elementalist and it was fun as hell but it doesn't shine a light to arc traps or totems unfortunately (and I like farming t16s).
    Guardian getting reworked and the new skill might mean a smite guardian for me though. Just to say I tried it.

Currently having too much fun with kb though so that'll probably be my starter if nothing changes for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Currently having too much fun with kb though so that'll probably be my starter if nothing changes for it.
    Leaning towards Arc Inquisitor for my first build... But there are still a few gems left to release and I'm hoping one of them will be a defensive melee attack, in which case I'll either by Gladiator or Champion.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minimap Icons for items in item filters coming in 3.4.0.

Minimap icons were one of best things diablo 3 did, there's nothing worse than playing totem build and hearing a 6 socket drop somewhere, then backtracking across 6 screens to find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    beams as well

10+ Year Old Account
    MIKURU BBBEEAAMMMUUUUUUUU!!

A lot of great QoL improvements coming, about time .

Just a shame I'll only be playing this arc for a week, because spoderman. Seems like they've added a lot of cool stuff.

I like minimap icons, especially if you can customize them but the beams...not so much. If it's only for stuff like uniques and other rare(ish) drops that's alright, but that video definitely makes it look like it's for far more mundane items too. Hopefully it'll be something you can turn off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I like minimap icons, especially if you can customize them but the beams...not so much. If it's only for stuff like uniques and other rare(ish) drops that's alright, but that video definitely makes it look like it's for far more mundane items too. Hopefully it'll be something you can turn off.
    these new beams (and minimap icons) are only for item filters, so you can put them on whatever you want, or not use them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    these new beams are only for item filters, so you can put them on whatever you want, or not use them at all.
    Yyyyaaaasssssssssss, that's good to hear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    these new beams (and minimap icons) are only for item filters, so you can put them on whatever you want, or not use them at all.
    I need a loot filter that makes EVERY SINGLE ITEM BEAM D:
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a tiny QOL thing, but in Delve you can right-click a stash tab in the dropdown list to send it to the far left.
    This isn't the long-term solution, but it should save you some time at the start of the league.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...delve_you_can/

This'll be my 2nd try to play this game. 2 questions, though.

1) Can you draw the distance back anymore? You got normal view and then you got "I can see up my own ass" view.

2) Does the inventory get any bigger because I hate that you can only loot like 3 things and you have to go back to town?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    This'll be my 2nd try to play this game. 2 questions, though.

1) Can you draw the distance back anymore? You got normal view and then you got "I can see up my own ass" view.

2) Does the inventory get any bigger because I hate that you can only loot like 3 things and you have to go back to town?
    No to both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are reworking caustic arrow.

I went from zero hype for this league to 100% hype, that is my favorite skill it has just sucked with all the power creep the last few leagues.

I am mostly hyped for the concept of infinite scaling. With the power creep in the last year or two, there are a gazillion builds now that have no issues with clearing Uber Atziri / Shaper / T16s. Uber Elder is the last bastion of difficulty, and even he flops over to medium-price builds now. You can clear Uber Atziri / T16s on 10-c worth of gear in most builds.

With infinite scaling, and their promise of encountering fights that are much tougher than T16 maps - that has some promise. I'd be interested to see how far people can push their 50-M shaper DPS builds.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    No to both.
    Fuck, really?

Like I want to like this game but it does shit so ass backwards that it turns me off from it.