Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Yea, but I wasn't talking about Tandred.
    Oh right, I forgot about that. Maybe he will.

I hope Jaina kills Thrall or Rexxar in BFA. Will be great if both.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Oh right, I forgot about that. Maybe he will.
    Wishful thinking on my part. But I think Derek will kill a Proudmoore. It just won't be Jaina.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Knight View Post
    I hope Jaina kills Thrall or Rexxar in BFA. Will be great if both.
    Rexxar is a War Table Champion. Doubt he gets taken out.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

I don't remember Arthas making a deal but I do remember Jaina betraying her own father which led to his death.

It takes a special kind of imbecile to side with greenskins over one's own creator. Not to mention the guy was totally alright, careing and fatherly sweet.

Whore deserves the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    So how many boyfriends has Jaina had?

Oh, all 3 of those "boyfriend" points are the same person. Ok.

You mean she changed her mind about the Horde after bombing of Theramore? That doesn't really describe "betrayal" by them. You can word that better.

Oh okay, THERE it is. So we can just ignore the point above.

This is probably the most legitimate example of betrayal by the Horde. I agree.
    We're not counting the # of boyfriends who fucked her over, but the times she was fucked over by her boyfriends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you find me Azeroth's immigration laws?
    Yeah its right above Horde crying about internment camps

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    Yeah its right above Horde crying about internment camps
    Which were perfectly legal at the time. As is the Horde deciding to settle in unclaimed land. And then conquering claimed land.

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mostly that people hate her...jealous of her power I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which were perfectly legal at the time. As is the Horde decided to settle in unclaimed land. And then conquering claimed land.
    Conquering claimed land, sure.

Ashenvale was not THEIR land to claim. It was Night Elf territory.

Face it. Horde was, and is, the villain in this story. Your inability to understand that means you know nothing of the Horde.

There is nothing wrong with playing the villain, but trying to justify their actions as the hero is not correct. They have their reasons, yes, but those reasons are born of barbarity and evil.

Play the villain if you want, but know you are on the villains side and relish it. Sylvanas is evil, the Horde is evil, they serve no purpose other than to be the contrast to the righteousness that is the Alliance.

It's why your characters wear plot armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I see the cringiest hate for Jaina coming from Horde players, for absolutely no reason other than her getting a good character arch,
    Wouldn't you be jealous when you see what dumpster fire characters they have in the Horde? You basically have Sylvanas "morelly grey" Windrunner, a cow who does nothing, trolls that are training dummies for demons, Orcs who like ladies and playing with elementals more than being an Orc, Hitler orcs, Who's That Belf Guy, and a fat goblin.

The only one they have who's even kinda interesting is Saurfang, and even he's literally just a boiler template "Honor zug zug" orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baine is horrible.

His whole thing about, I can't back out of the horde cause Garrosh is mean!

...but the Alliance would have gladly gotten some fuzzy cow muff to go with their worgens. And it's not like he couldn't have asked Jaina for help either. Or had a problem with alliance establishing a foothold.

But again Horde needs plot armor to keep their faction alive.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    Conquering claimed land, sure.

Ashenvale was not THEIR land to claim. It was Night Elf territory.

Face it. Horde was, and is, the villain in this story. Your inability to understand that means you know nothing of the Horde.

There is nothing wrong with playing the villain, but trying to justify their actions as the hero is not correct. They have their reasons, yes, but those reasons are born of barbarity and evil.

Play the villain if you want, but know you are on the villains side and relish it. Sylvanas is evil, the Horde is evil, they serve no purpose other than to be the contrast to the righteousness that is the Alliance.

It's why your characters wear plot armor.
    Durotar was unclaimed land. The Horde claimed it. Then they conquered claimed land.

And who plays the role of the villain is a matter of perspective. It always will be. As are good and evil.

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I just don't think her past justifies her being a dick to genuinely innocent members of the Horde.

Although... that number seems to be in short supply these days, unfortunately.
    The Horde basically just did to Teldrassil what they did to Theramore, how do you expect anyone in the Alliance to consider any member of the Horde innocent. "I was just following the orders of my Warchief" is not a get out of jail free card forever, once is understandable, maybe even forgivable, but twice? How many times do you think it is ok to go "Just following orders man."

I get that horde players don't necessarily agree with what Sylvanas did, but from a story point of view, ofc the Alliance would be hostile to them, Jaina included.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Said Blood elves were living in Dalaran for thousands of years and not legally bound by the whims of a child who decided ethnic cleansing is a good idea.
    Uh, Dalaran is a relatively new city, Archimonde Destroyed Old Dalaran in Warcraft 3 which was in Jaina's lifetime and shes not immortal so yeah... Even then, original Dalaran was a human city which was friendly with the High elves at the time because they were part of the Alliance. It did eventually become Neutral, but not until after the Frozen throne storyline, again in Jaina's lifetime so your "thousands of years" is actually like 15 years tops.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you find me Azeroth's immigration laws?
    Does earth have Intergalactic immigration laws?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Some people are all up in arms this expansion about "omg how cum Jaina is so mean she's so out of character, there's no reason for her to be like this".

Let's see:

Her boyfriend joined the Scourge in exchange for power.

Hey boyfriend slaughtered her friends and mentors in Dalaran.

She helped kill her own father in hopes of peace.

She was betrayed by those she sought peace for.

Her boyfriend tried to kill her and turn her into his Scourge servant.

Her city and people were vaporised from existence without reason once again by those she killed her father for

Her new city was betrayed from within by the very members she fought for to allow back in.

I'm probably missing a few points, but even with this, are people seriously expecting this chick to not harbor any resentment, hatred and desire for vengeance after all this shit?

And now she's travelling around on a haunted ship, constantly surrounded by memories of her murdered father. Comes home, her mother tells her to eat shit and die. Yeah no, I don't get it, how come she's so mean?
    Go finish her story. There is hatred, there is blame and there is guilt. But the story of Kul'Tiras really made me realise how wrongly I had viewed Jaina and her actions. It's a beautiful finale and I cant wait to see where they take her from here.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on the Horde War Campaign, it's only going to get worse for the Proudmoore family. (Or better, depending on your perspective.)
    Dw, we stomped the shit out of the horde on our end. It's a powertrip so far for both factions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by High Exarch Yrel View Post
    Oh Please, Drop the sentimentalism. Jaina had a much more peaceful and serene life than characters like High Exarch Yrel or Prophet Velen who had to watch their people hunted down by monsters, and their cities crumble to dust. Powerless and weak, before an enemy that transcended even time and space. I might actually feel sorry for Jaina, or ANY HUMAN (except High Exarch Turalyon), If they had almost been wiped out from the cosmos like the Draenei.
    Jaina is the only character in wow with ACTUAL human responses to trauma, guilt and betrayal. The Draenei only grow stronger from all that, uniting in their desire to survive and to find vengeance against the legion.

Jaina is alone, with Varian dead there is no one to understand her anymore. Something that thankfully changes in the kul'tiras storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Wouldn't you be jealous when you see what dumpster fire characters they have in the Horde? You basically have Sylvanas "morelly grey" Windrunner, a cow who does nothing, trolls that are training dummies for demons, Orcs who like ladies and playing with elementals more than being an Orc, Hitler orcs, Who's That Belf Guy, and a fat goblin.

The only one they have who's even kinda interesting is Saurfang, and even he's literally just a boiler template "Honor zug zug" orc.
    100% correct, my favourite was "Who's that Belf guy?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Her boyfriend joined the Scourge in exchange for power.
    Arthas was tricked, she like... abandoned him at the worst time.

Hey boyfriend slaughtered her friends and mentors in Dalaran.
    Those jerks had it coming, they didn't once try to stop the Scourge until it was at their door. Dalaran now is far more active so Arthas did a good thing killing all the old dudes.

She helped kill her own father in hopes of peace.
    Her father who used her and theramore, pretended to be apart of Theramore and attempted to assassinate Thrall, which would put Theramore to blame. Then his forces could swoop in and save the day... real scumbag he was.

She was betrayed by those she sought peace for.
    You mean "She betrayed those she sought peace with"? Despite the fact that her father had used Theramore to try and wipe out the Horde, Jaina turns Theramore into the biggest Alliance base on Kalimdor, launching attacks from it just like a few years before.

Her boyfriend tried to kill her and turn her into his Scourge servant.
    She stalked him, even after he told her to get out of his house. He had every right to defend himself against that crazy person. Also... get your timeline right.

Her city and people were vaporised from existence without reason once again by those she killed her father for
    Her city launched attacks on the Horde's settlements, only a few years after Daelin did... Also she didn't kill her father.

Her new city was betrayed from within by the very members she fought for to allow back in.
    Her new city, where she used it's resources for the benefit of the Alliance and blamed the entire Sunreavers for what an agent of Garrosh did(used a portal). Then she took full authority and allowed her Silver Covenant to slaughter the Sunreavers who were not citizens of the Horde, but were of Dalaran.

I'm probably missing a few points, but even with this, are people seriously expecting this chick to not harbor any resentment, hatred and desire for vengeance after all this shit?
    She has been the cause of all her problems in WoW and her racism in Dalaran towards the Sunreavers just adds more to it.
    And now she's travelling around on a haunted ship, constantly surrounded by memories of her murdered father. Comes home, her mother tells her to eat shit and die. Yeah no, I don't get it, how come she's so mean?
    Even her mother admits Daelin is too blame for what happened. Her blaming herself is irrational and now thinking the Horde deserved genocide just shows how much of a nutcase she's become.

She clearly doesn't know who's at fault as she blames herself when it isn't her's and she doesn't admit fault when it is her's.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Dw, we stomped the shit out of the horde on our end. It's a powertrip so far for both factions.
    Oh I know, I was referring solely to their family.

#wwgd

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Her brother is dead, That's why Daelin hated the orcs so badly.
    she has 2.

one just returned home.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Even you Alliance have to admit she's a stuck up cunt
    jesus this is a bit harsh, don't you think?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    jesus this is a bit harsh, don't you think?
    No need to take the lord's name in vain about it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama