View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    On a slightly more relevant topic than what constitutes geographical regions, the UK government have now released the first batch of those technical no deal notices it talked about earlier.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...u-with-no-deal
    They cannot be serious, can they?
    Most of those say "if there is no deal then we will attempt to have a deal".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I see you chose to ignore the whole raft of other impacts that it would have. And also ignored the fact that Raab basically said that in the event of a "no deal" Brexit, there would have to be deals in order to mitigate the impact of a no deal Brexit on both sides. So a no-deal Brexit, according the people in charge of negotiating with the EU, would need deals in order to make it possible.

Face it Dribbles, your people have no clue how to make this work and the likelyhood of the whole thing being cancelled just increases by the day. Your wet dream of a facist totalitarian state is going to be put on hold. What a shame.
    The most important thing to take away from the Raab UK government statement was this, and I quote :-

“Firstly, in relation to the negotiations, I am absolutely clear that the UK will be better off outside of the EU in any scenario in the long-term."

He then went on to admit that people like me might struggle to enjoy a BLT sandwich now and again in the first few weeks after a no deal Brexit. A very serious consequence I will admit, but hardly life changing and in the long term all for the best.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    - No trade agreements
    - No Irish border solution
    - Food & medicine stockpiling
    - Planes grounded
    - 20 mile port tailbacks

ooops dribblies it looks like everything i said in the first 15 pages of this thread were spot fucking on. Nice of the gov. to catch up.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    - No trade agreements
    - Planes grounded
    - 20 mile port tailbacks

ooops dribblies it looks like everything i said in the first 15 pages of this thread were spot fucking on. Nice of the gov. to catch up.
    even government cannot promise red roses and green pastures when there is a wastleand on the horizon only.
    any backfire from the public by now ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    even government cannot promise red roses and green pastures when there is a wastleand on the horizon only.
    any backfire from the public by now ?
    Of course not. The Government is still maintaining its fantasy of "We'll get a deal, even if we don't get a deal!"
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Of course not. The Government is still maintaining its fantasy of "We'll get a deal, even if we don't get a deal!"
    It's worse than that now, they've gone to "we NEED a deal if we don't get a deal". They recognise that no-deal has some aspects that are so bad that they have to negotiate some way to avoid them, even if they can't agree anything. Schroedingers Brexit gets more ridiculous by the day.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I'd say they have been better neighbours to you than the Austrians.
    What? We only gave them 1 little upstart who wanted to be a German and later became a pilitician, but that was never planned.
    Unless we argue which composer was german/austrian we get along famously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    It's worse than that now, they've gone to "we NEED a deal if we don't get a deal". They recognise that no-deal has some aspects that are so bad that they have to negotiate some way to avoid them, even if they can't agree anything. Schroedingers Brexit gets more ridiculous by the day.
    Well, as long as they realise they have to give up ludicrious fantasy positions in order to start negotiating form a somewhat realistic point of view... the funny thing is that they treat Brexit like it's a punishment and not something they voluntarily decided to commit to. The EU is patient enough with this stuff, so they can still shape the form Brexit takes. But they don't have a lot of time left.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well for the past couple? months after May's plan was revealed, the UK diplomatic position was "this will hurt you too, not as badly as us but we are crazy so give us what we want or else".
    They are slowly realizing that blackmail is an untennable position. A good half of the EU doesn't even give a shit about Brexit and will barely be affected. Heck apart from Ireland the other nations that will be affected are doing well enough to absorb the shock and the South probably would not mind them being bloodied a little anyway. It's really, really crappy about Ireland though. Brexit is tantamount to an act of war against Ireland by the UK imo.
    I can attest to that. People in my city worried way more about Greece or Refugees than Brexit. It's hardly a topic here. I translate that in my head as "The EU will manage this for us.." which is ironically the whole point of the EU, taking care of this type of business so we can get on with our daily lives.

Brexit is nothing but a curiousity at this stage. A live action political drama with the central question "Will they get a deal or not? Tune in next week when we discover another way for the UK Government to embarass themselves!"

I liked the joint press conference this week (was it?). Barnier simply stating what we've said in this thread for ages.. "Why should the EU give up its principles for the UK?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    - No trade agreements
    - Planes grounded
    - 20 mile port tailbacks

- No trade agreements - The EU sell more to us than we to them, it will hurt them more than us.
    - No Irish border solution - Poor Ireland. What will the EU do? Going to cost them...
    - Food & medicine stockpiling - How many EU people will suffer and die as they no longer have access to medicines from British world class drug companies?
    - Planes grounded - Very inconvenient if from the EU you are trying to cross the Atlantic.
    - 20 mile port tailbacks - Got to feel sorry for the EU residents around Calais with all those diesel fumes from backed up lorries.

Yep spot on ctd123, big problems ahead for the EU - you and I were both right!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    - No trade agreements - The EU sell more to us than we to them, it will hurt them more than us.
    - No Irish border solution - Poor Ireland. What will the EU do? Going to cost them...
    - Food & medicine stockpiling - How many EU people will suffer and die as they no longer have access to medicines from British world class drug companies?
    - Planes grounded - Very inconvenient if from the EU you are trying to cross the Atlantic.
    - 20 mile port tailbacks - Got to feel sorry for the EU residents around Calais with all those diesel fumes from backed up lorries.

And yet again you spin your own ideas what you want to happen on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    And yet again you spin your own ideas what you want to happen on it.
    Not spin at all, just a reflection of what all EU leaders know. As a visionary young EU leader acknowledged and was reported just yesterday :-

“Britain is militarily, politically and economically tremendously significant on our continent”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKCN1L829U

Now he knows, unlike the craggy bitter old fogeys who generally represent the EU now in gods waiting room, he will have, and be here to deal with the massive future problems the EU face.

A visionary young man indeed: from the article linked
    “It was probably the worst decision of recent years - Britain’s decision to leave the European Union,” Kurz told a rally of German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s conservatives in Erfurt to applause.
    Never change Dribbles

EU can sell elsewhere. We can't buy elsewhere with same standards that in many countries are much higher than our own.

Irish will hurt for a bit. Then they can just go around the small island to France, Germany, Spain, Whereever.

I'm sure the miniscule UK phamas are so going to not be propped up by Bayer which is larger than all independent UK pharmas put together.

Oh I'm sure the EU will find a way accross the atlantic. Not like Spain/France don't have a sea towards it. Or swing 12.1NM around the UK if need be.

Calais will be fine. It's already set itself up. Dover, Harwich, Folkestone etc. They're the ones that have issues since pretty much all our lorries will be set back.

Only someone who is a far right facist or deluded is at this point in time thinking the UK has any cards on the table that matches the EU's Royal Flush. The UK is betting, acting like it has a royal flush, bluffing, when EU and anyone who has taken more than 5 minutes to look at the reality knows the UK is holding 2 5 7 9 queen and only two of them are the same suit.

Not spin at all, just a reflection of what all EU leaders know. As a visionary young EU leader acknowledged and was reported just yesterday :-

“Britain is militarily, politically and economically tremendously significant on our continent”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKCN1L829U

Now he knows, unlike the craggy bitter old fogeys who generally represent the EU now in gods waiting room, he will have, and be here to deal with the massive future problems the EU face.
    Nobody said Britain wasn't significant. Only nationalists like you have to pretend your country is suffering from insignificance, because nationalists like you need a reason to "improve" the country. Britain is too good for you. Don't talk shit about her, you little traitor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Calais will be fine. It's already set itself up. Dover, Harwich, Folkestone etc. They're the ones that have issues since pretty much all our lorries will be set back.
    It's not that we can find a way around it. What his tiny brain doesn't compute is that on-time delivery supply chains are in severe danger of breaking down. This doesn't mean Airbus will wait for supplies in the UK. It means Airbus will move the entire facility off the island. They have all but said so already. Alas, little Dribs here, our cute little pocket fascist, thinks that somehow we'll all be patient and... play along, because his little nationalist's dream of the British Empire is worth it...

Nevermind that he's the only one dreaming it at this stage. Not even most of his Brexiteer fellows are in line with him. What a joke...

Queues will be in Kent as well. You disingenuous liar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I'm sure the miniscule UK phamas are so going to not be propped up by Bayer which is larger than all independent UK pharmas put together.
    Am I missing something? Why are you not counting GSK & AstraZeneca? GSK is British, AstraZeneca is British/Swedish?

GSK's revenue ($42.05bn) was over 50% higher than Bayer's ($27.76bn) in 2017.

In fact, if you look at the list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ies_by_revenue

It's dominated completely by non-EU companies (sort by 2017).

And I'm not sure what broader point it is you're making?

You, like Dribbles, want a hard Brexit? You want our esteemed leaders to fail to reach an agreement? You actively want to see a disruption in the flow of goods to and from the UK? No-one in the EU would suffer any hardship from delays in accessing e.g., GSK products? Really?

Of course we know that the EU holds the upper hand. But you're being disingenuous by spinning it, as you have done above, as if a hard Brexit is of (ultimately) no loss to the EU.

This is lose / lose. Yes, it will be significantly worse (in my opinion) for the UK but don't pretend it's a one way track. That's nonsensical.
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 2018-08-25 at 09:06 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Am I missing something? Why are you not counting GSK & AstraZeneca? GSK is British, AstraZeneca is British/Swedish?

GSK's revenue ($42.05bn) was over 50% higher than Bayer's ($27.76bn) in 2017.

In fact, if you look at the list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ies_by_revenue

It's dominated completely by non-EU companies (sort by 2017).

And I'm not sure what broader point it is you're making?

You, like Dribbles, want a hard Brexit? You want our esteemed leaders to fail to reach an agreement? You actively want to see a disruption in the flow of goods to and from the UK? No-one in the EU would suffer any hardship from delays in accessing e.g., GSK products? Really?

Of course we know that the EU holds the upper hand. But you're being disingenuous by spinning it, as you have done above, as if a hard Brexit is of (ultimately) no loss to the EU.

This is lose / lose. Yes, it will be significantly worse (in my opinion) for the UK but don't pretend it's a one way track. That's nonsensical.
    You are correct with regard to pharma companies but I can't help but think you are being little harsh here. At least he has made an effort to try to address Dribbles' points which is certainly as step up from the usual two pages of insults directed towards Dribbles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You are correct with regard to pharma companies but I can't help but think you are being little harsh here. At least he has made an effort to try to address Dribbles' points which is certainly as step up from the usual two pages of insults directed towards Dribbles.
    The problem with a lot of these Corbyn Labour supporters on here, and their EU equivalents, is they have such extreme views that they only attract validation from nutters like KKK head David Duke and former BNP leader Nick Griffin. It puts everything the remainers and EU supporters say into context when they start ranting at an ordinary salt of the earth liberal Brexiteer such as I.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/709135...h-zionism-row/

Moderates like me who give facts and have a consensual approach to Brexit are going to attract criticisms and from some of the more EU radicalised remain fanatics vitriol in the extreme. I feel a great sense of public duty in attempting to bring a calmness and some serenity to these loons, sometimes it works other times not so much and you see them explode against reason and common sense in an embarrassing way so publicly.

But at least the passive viewer can take a view. Let's hope they keep some kind of access to the drugs they are so obviously on after Brexit, otherwise I fear for their sanity.

The problem with a lot of these Corbyn Labour supporters on here, and their EU equivalents, is they have such extreme views that they only attract validation from nutters like KKK head David Duke and former BNP leader Nick Griffin. It puts everything the remainers and EU supporters say into context when they start ranting at an ordinary salt of the earth liberal Brexiteer such as I.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/709135...h-zionism-row/

Moderates like me who give facts and have a consensual approach to Brexit are going to attract criticisms and from some of the more EU radicalised remain fanatics vitriol in the extreme. I feel a great sense of public duty in attempting to bring a calmness and some serenity to these loons, sometimes it works other times not so much and you see them explode against reason and common sense in an embarrassing way so publicly.

But at least the passive viewer can take a view. Let's hope they keep some kind of access to the drugs they are so obviously on after Brexit, otherwise I fear for their sanity.
    *chuckles*

Yes, please. Give us facts. That would be a first.