View Poll Results: Do you believe in 100 k price tag in the near future?

Voters
178. This poll is closed
  • Yes

51 28.65%
  • No

127 71.35%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Yes it does? What? Someone has to buy the token you purchase with gold? not sure if trolling
    When you buy a token with real money you get gold immedietly. It doesn't work like normal auctions. You dont actually put anything in the auction house.

Deleted
    Yeah £15 for anything below 250k just isn't worth £15. EU the highest was 480k currently it's like 170k, I won't be buying any until it's over 250k

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Magni Bronzebeard agrees, greed is bad deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    That's not entirely true, but not wrong either. The gold stays in the overall economy of the game, but it can massively shift between servers because of the tokens. Someone buying 5 tokens and selling them on my server (Alterac Mountains) who has them purchased by someone on a super high pop server like Illidan or Stormrage would result in like 600k gold shifting from the high pop server to the low pop server which can have a significant effect on the smaller server's economy when there are only a couple guilds even raiding on the server at all.
    That is what bothers me the most in that it can destabilize the smaller pop servers fast because of how gold can be moved. But that is the price that is paid to cater to people that want to buy gold.

Highly doubt that they'll dip much lower. I believe that there's some point at which Blizzard will artifically keep the prices floating at a certain level. They could potentially go down a bit more, but not too much.

What needs to be understood is that the price is as low as it is right now for numerous reasons, one of them being the amount of people that are rejoining the game and need gold. The way they quickly get this gold is by purchasing a token. These people are also more than likely to very soon stop playing or stop being as active as they were during the launch, with no further purchases of tokens to for real money to get to sell them for gold. Less tokens bought means the prices will steadily go up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    When you buy a token with real money you get gold immedietly. It doesn't work like normal auctions. You dont actually put anything in the auction house.
    That's the only thing making the whole token business uncertain to predict.

Blizzard could very well be spawning inexisting and unpurchased tokens for people to spend their gold on.

They said they don't do that, and since tokens are region wide and there are millions of players per region I find that plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    So, is it possible and why?
    kinda doubt blizzard will allow it to happen .

its a complicated problem

from 1 viewpoint the lower it is the more people will want to sub via gold

but people who buy gold via tokens are much more unlikely to buy gold from 200k now that they knew it was 350+ k already .

10+ Year Old Account
    who buys those things? honestly.

to make 200-300k gold you need to farm for days.
    while you make 15€ with half a day's RL work, on minimum wage, in a poor country.

its pretty much basic maths.

i think people need to value their time more.

i remember paying 64k for token once. the good ol days....

Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    i remember paying 64k for token once. the good ol days....
    I remember paying 18k.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    hope - yes
    belive - no
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Last I checked yesterday, US Token was at 114k. I bought one last week at 129k

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to WoW stockmarket and forex. We need mobile app to monitor erratic and subtle changes in the market

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    but what about strangers like me!?
    cannot as I can only gift things to friends list. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    who buys those things? honestly.

to make 200-300k gold you need to farm for days.
    while you make 15€ with half a day's RL work, on minimum wage, in a poor country.

its pretty much basic maths.

i think people need to value their time more.
    Hehe, the bliss of ignorance. For some making that gold is just spending an hour a day on AH stuff, or...well before in say legion others did the silly phone app.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

They are already down to 113k on Wyrmrest Accord
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    They are already down to 113k on Wyrmrest Accord
    I think there will be more drops in the coming weeks but may jump again with the new raid IMO.

Hard to tell now when the free fall stops to be honest as it is any ones guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ojblade View Post
    cannot as I can only gift things to friends list. :P
    i can give you my battletag no problem! However since the launch of BFA I managed to play 1 month free and add 2 times 13 euro to my battlenet account as well. So I am well on my way working towards a Grumpymuppet empirium! haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    For me personally (after I bought bunch @ 380 k just a month ago) it is practical question.

I got like 200 k atm and my B.net balance is not capped.

So be insightful folks, don't let me down =) I want a good barging!
    Why would you buy at such a high price a month ago?
    Of course it was gonna come down with a new expansion.

Damn, that overpay.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Hehe, the bliss of ignorance. For some making that gold is just spending an hour a day on AH stuff, or...well before in say legion others did the silly phone app.
    Hell yeah! I only started playing again at the end of legion and this time I for sure want atleast 6 characters at max level so I can get some more money out of it.

In the last weeks I made over 300k from the missions alone and that was with only 1 maxed out character and 2 really shitty ones.
    Last edited by mmocd9c49027e6; 2018-08-28 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I used tokens since they got introduced and now, instead of using gold again (still have around 2mill) I decided to give Blizz money directly to reward them for making a good expansion again.
    You realise Blizzard gets the same amount of money whether you buy the subscription or token, right? The only difference is how valuable are the two channels to you.