Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Really try Enhance Shaman (used to be my main till BFA), I am sure ilvl >All. Problem is can't get your ilvl up w/out Mythics, can't get into mythics w/out high item level. See the problem?
    You have the AH mount; with that kind of gold to throw around you can easily buy all the gear you need to get good enough ilvl to run mythics without ever entering them.

My second alt dinged 2 days ago and is already 330 without entering a dungeon because I just bought a bunch of BoEs on the AH and did one day of WQs, which pushed my WQ rewards into the 325+ (340 from emissary) range which trivialized the gearing further just through WQs. Spent like 300k gold doing that, which is nothing. I don't have anywhere near the kind of money to throw around that I could consider buying the AH mount either.

If I can do that for my second alt in a couple of days with far less resources invested than you have available to you then you can do the same for your main in however long you've been playing now.

Honestly sounds like you don't want to get into mythics: Your goal isn't to get into mythics, but to convince people that you shouldn't have to because you'd rather just queue to heroics, and actually being able to enter them would undermine your argument. So you go out of your way to sabotage yourself.

An attitude change would solve this problem right up real fast.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2018-08-26 at 02:53 AM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr chub View Post
    This week 335 I did a full circuit last week when I started at 305.
    I admit I didn't start trying to get into get into Mythics till this past Monday, at that point both toons were sitting around 310.

It wasn't till Sunday night reading things at work that I found out EVERY battle Pet, EVERY mount, and a essential crafting material drops in "Mythic Only"

So sick of this "Mythic Only BS"

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    You have the AH mount; with that kind of gold to throw around you can easily buy all the gear you need to get good enough ilvl to run mythics without ever entering them.
    Every piece of gear @ 350 is selling for 350k gold plus on my server. My wife just got a 350 leather BoE waist and sold it for 450k

My second alt dinged 2 days ago and is already 330 without entering a dungeon because I just bought a bunch of BoEs on the AH and did one day of WQs, which pushed my WQ rewards into the 325+ (340 from emissary) range which trivialized the gearing further just through WQs. Spent like 300k gold doing that, which is nothing. I don't have anywhere near the kind of money to throw around that I could consider buying the AH mount either.
    Yah I bought the AH mount how much gold you think I have after that. Also see above prices for BoE gear on my server.

If I can do that for my second alt in a couple of days with far less resources invested than you have available to you then you can do the same for your main in however long you've been playing now.
    Again let me say it 350k is the cheapest BoE gear on my server.

Honestly sounds like you don't want to get into mythics:
    Actually indifferent would be accurate. I had no intentions of doing Mythics until I found out EVERY Battle Pet drop, EVERY mount drop (cept 4 ultra rare world drops) and a essential crafting material is locked behind them. If this wasn't the case you are right I would have very little interests in doing mythics at this time.

Your goal isn't to get into mythics, but to convince people that you shouldn't have to because you'd rather just queue to heroics, and actually being able to enter them would undermine your argument. So you go out of your way to sabotage yourself.
    If you read my original post, it wasn't complainging about gettting into Mythics. It was complaining that every Battle Pet Drop "Mythic Only", Every Mount except 4 world drops "Mythic Only", essential crafting material "Mythic Only"

An attitude change would solve this problem right up real fast.
    ROTFL

How does anyone know my attitude when I can't even get into a group...

Another player said it best on the offical forums

The problem with pets/mounts/crafting being behind Mythics is not that it's behind hard content, that's not an issue. The issue is that the hardest part isn't the dungeon but getting a group.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    I am 100% against making Mythics queable/in the LFD tool.

Mythics bring back the "Find/Make your group" aspect. Typically these groups tend to not fall apart, wipe after wipe. In LFDs, players aren't committed and will leave if they wipe/arguments/scrubs/or half ass.

I don't agree with hydrocores only dropping in Mythics, but give it time, I'm sure they will pop up in WQs/other rewards down the road. Only dropping in Mythics is for starts.
    And that is perfectly fine, just don't stick story quests or crafting behind it. They put the big story moments in raids, but at least Blizz has the decency to give us lfr so we can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    And that is perfectly fine, just don't stick story quests or crafting behind it. They put the big story moments in raids, but at least Blizz has the decency to give us lfr so we can see it.
    I had not problem w/Mythics in Legion except for the ones needed for Pathfinder.

In Legion you had one battle pet that was locked behind a Mythic Achievement, and you had certain higher level recipes locked behind em.

If Blizz went back to this I would be thrilled.

Right now though Storyline, every battle pet drop, every mount drop (cept 4 world drops), and a essential crafting material.

Make it so I can craft 330 gear, or the 32 slot bag w/Hydrocore something.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

forming your own group is a exercise in futility unless you have a obscene item level or are a tank or healer.
    That I can agree. People that say "make your own group" either never had that experience or are a tank/healer. It's terrible.

and a essential crafting material.
    Yea cause you know, the crafting mat used to make 355 ilvl items should just be handed out on easier content? They already hand it out on content that drop 340 what again is the issue here?

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    They need to make mythic more accessible. By that I mean if I want to run a mythic on my main (dps) I'll have to sit idle until I'm lucky enough to get an invite, which can take a very long time. While I'm waiting I cannot:
    -create my own group
    -queue for random dungeons
    -queue for pvp
    -join world quest groups
    -queue for expeditions

I get that mythics are supposed to be done with friends or guilds, but for solo players they are an unnecessary chore just to get into. And because Blizzard has made them mandatory it's totally ridiculous.
    They are just as accessible as heroic Dungeons, just without automated queue.
    Just create your own group from the get-go.
    While you create your group (which takes about 5min) you don't need to:
    -Join other groups
    -Queue for random Dungeons (queue is longer than creating yourself)
    -Queue for expeditions (which are much easier on voice com)
    -join WQ groups (you don't need groups beside for the elite quests, which there are only 2-3 active at a time)

Mythic Dungeons are NOT supposed to be done with friends or guild mates. That is just straight up not true.
    Solo players can easily do them.

If you mean they are mandatory because of hydrocore, let me tell you, that you will be earning hydrocores through the raids. Get those sweet things from your lovely LFR queue.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    the worst is the story locked behind mythic, they REALLY need to stop locking lore behind non solo/queuable content. If they wanted the 2 end instances to be special do normal for quest, and then mythic skip HC.
    They will be heroic dungeons in the future just like CoS and Arcway.

Past the first 2 weeks mythics are just heroics you need a premade for lol. They become so effortless for so many after even the first week. You'll be okay and get everything from them you want.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

The reason they are in Mythic is so you can't just farm them all day every day. There has to be some lock to these types of rewards, otherwise they won't be rare.
    But ya, as many others have said - if doing dungeons in a game that's been out for 2 weeks is not fun for you then maybe its time for something else.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea cause you know, the crafting mat used to make 355 ilvl items should just be handed out on easier content? They already hand it out on content that drop 340 what again is the issue here?
    Fine then make it so I can craft 330 gear or make it so the bags don't require Hydrocore. Would be nice to be able to craft something of use w/out having to run Mythics

Like I said a poster on the official blizzard forums said it best. I am going to bold it to make it a little more obvious.

The issue is that the hardest part isn't the dungeon but getting a group.

7+ Year Old Account
    Having the things in Mythic kinda serves multiple purposes, aside from just giving mythic raiders more rewards and jahdah jahdah.

Mythic first of all limits the amount of reagents you can get. It is the only form of content, which is limited in how many times you can do, which makes the items from it lucrative and puts a big price on it. If you could farm hydrocores, you would see crafters being pushed insanely down in price. So by having it in mythics, it pushes crafters to go into mythics and demand high prices for their items.

2nd of all, having the reagents in mythic pushes alot of more players into mythic, which creates a bigger pool for players to work from. Having an attractive thing in mythic past when you don't need the gear anymore, extends the life of that content and makes sure, that people who join later still have a large pool of players to mingle with when they hit max lvl aswell.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I can of feel what you mean, since Ive been in this situation as well, but Mythics Dungeons are now something you must do. The level of difficulty of a Mythic +0 is laughtable. Even if you're not the strongest, if you follow the basic strats, use your cc properly, and do calculated pulls, you'll be fine. Normal raiding will be harder and you'll get the same gear in LFRs.... its just shame theres no Mythic Group Finder (yet?), as it is a must now, because of the component requirement as you mentionned.

The best way at the moment is to do it with guildmate. If you're not in a guild, try to join one. If not, create a community or befriend players during PUG runs. I've been doing MM runs with another guild group last expansion and it was a blast (during the early AP farming).

You'll need to put efforts to get there, but once done, it will get easier/faster. Its up to you.

Most of my guildmates are currently rushing the MM dungeons on wed/thursday until the raid starts, but Im focussing on my WQ as I'm working 10hrs/day and need to keep up witht he reput/farming grinding. I have more time during the week-end so after discussing it we made a group to farm it during week-ends and it works well. We don't have the best comp to gear up (full plate, leather, etc to trade items and increase ilvl faster), but its better than not doing them at all!

And as soonn as you get your hand on some gear, your ilvl goes up fast, so it will be easier for you to go with PUG grps. (Because we all know that ilvl = skill )
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2018-08-26 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Having the things in Mythic kinda serves multiple purposes, aside from just giving mythic raiders more rewards and jahdah jahdah.

Mythic first of all limits the amount of reagents you can get. It is the only form of content, which is limited in how many times you can do, which makes the items from it lucrative and puts a big price on it. If you could farm hydrocores, you would see crafters being pushed insanely down in price. So by having it in mythics, it pushes crafters to go into mythics and demand high prices for their items.

2nd of all, having the reagents in mythic pushes alot of more players into mythic, which creates a bigger pool for players to work from. Having an attractive thing in mythic past when you don't need the gear anymore, extends the life of that content and makes sure, that people who join later still have a large pool of players to mingle with when they hit max lvl aswell.
    Or it pushes people to quit.

Kinda where I am at. Don't raid anymore, play pretty casually once I get bored w/leveling toons my account will just lapse I guess.

Majority of Legion, I did pet battles, and did gathering crafting stuff.... Once I get all the pets from Atharia Basin I guess I am done. Won't be anymore pets that I can collect, and crafting to make gold isn't going to happen ..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    I can of feel what you mean, since Ive been in this situation as well, but Mythics Dungeons are now something you must do. The level of difficulty of a Mythic +0 is laughtable. Even if you're not the strongest, if you follow the basic strats, use your cc properly, and do calculated pulls, you'll be fine. Normal raiding will be harder and you'll get the same gear in LFRs.... its just shame theres no Mythic Group Finder (yet?), as it is a must now, because of the component requirement as you mentionned.

The best way at the moment is to do it with guildmate. If you're not in a guild, try to join one. If not, create a community or befriend players during PUG runs. I've been doing MM runs with another guild group last expansion and it was a blast (during the early AP farming).

You'll need to put efforts to get there, but once done, it will get easier/faster. Its up to you.
    Yah I have been trying still que for 3 specifc heroics a day (trying to single out certain drops), and to be honest making friends in those seems to be a exercise in futility ... anything beyond hello is a shock..

My main is in a guild and they are nice enough people but it honestly is a clique of about 10 people, everyone else is just background noise, unless you are a healer or tank then you get into the clique right quick. That was a primary reason I didn't do any raiding withem but once or twice. In my experience every guild is like that, hell the one I was in since BC (broke up in the shit show that was WoD)was like that I just didn't notice cause I was in the clique.

The issue is that the hardest part isn't the dungeon but getting a group.
    Not really, actually take the time to try instead of giving up the first time you are declined.

It's not hard at all to get into mythic 0s, far easier then it will be to get into M+ and raid groups that's for damn sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not really, actually take the time to try instead of giving up the first time you are declined.

It's not hard at all to get into mythic 0s, far easier then it will be to get into M+ and raid groups that's for damn sure.
    Don't care about Mythics plus, didn't do em in Legion see no reason to do them now.

Again we will just use Thursday and Friday.

Thursday spent 30-45 minutes in the LFD tool, denial after denial after denial, 18 total (Ret Pally 324 item level at the time). Said screw logged over to my lock to do world quests.. Came back to pally after a few hours tried to start my own group... sat there for a undiclosed amount of time.. only people that wanted to join my group no shit ilevel 310 and lower.

Friday thought I would try it on my lock "Hey they have a summons maybe a better shot", again sat there for 30-45 minutes denial after denial didn't keep count this time.... Tried to start my own group... in 30 minutes I had one DPS with a 302 item level want to join

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    These "mythics" are a joke compared to TBC heroics. Yet now one complained about the mat drops and mount drops then. So STFU and play the game.
    Nope cause battle pets weren't a thing in BC, and in BC if I had max level tailoring I could still make something useful without having to run heroic dungeons..

Not that was a issue back then for me.

just wait a little bit until the addon is out for longer , itemlevel will go up lfr , world boss and more you can stop them with your alts farming pets and mounts

ilevel 310 and lower.
    310 and lower was what all the people who hit 120 in the first 2 days where running M0s at.

Not sure why you think you get to be an elitist about who you invite to M0s, when you didn't do them at the start to begin with and are now behind because of it.

You don't need 340+ ilvl to get into a mythic dungeon pug. I'm a hunter and I didn't do any mythic dungeons in the first lockout and was only 330 when this lockout started, but I was able to get into groups quite quickly (I was very surprised to be honest) and managed to clear all 10 mythic dungeons over the span of three days. I wasn't spamming them, just doing them whenever I felt like doing them, between doing WQs and other story quests.

My tip is to try to apply for groups that have only just been created; like 10 seconds ago if you can find any. Preferably apply for groups which only have 1 person in them (just the leader), and preferably that 1 person is either a tank or a healer. If you're applying for groups with 1 tank/healer and 2 DPS, it's likely that there are already 15 other DPS in the queue, and there is no chance that you will be invited.

Nope cause battle pets weren't a thing in BC, and in BC if I had max level tailoring I could still make something useful without having to run heroic dungeons..

Not that was a issue back then for me.
    Yea sure thing mate, bet you got LOADS of primal nethers without running dungeons lmao.