Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    bad writing.

forests burn but who the hell cares.

I guess they forgot about WC3.

- - - Updated - - -

your perfectly nailed it.
    you mean like a frost mage that raised a ship(not farfetched), kept it in the air(again, possible), went full arcane while still holding the ship in the air(bit of a stretch, but sure), and used her ice powers to pull off a stunt that was literally impossible(right, because ice magic is on par with red dragon fire, sure....)

Same place the Alliance's gasmasks and air support was at Lordaeron.

Might've made too much sense and shown how logical the Alliance's advantages over the Horde were.

Quote Originally Posted by Phazeblade View Post
    you mean like a frost mage that raised a ship(not farfetched), kept it in the air(again, possible), went full arcane while still holding the ship in the air(bit of a stretch, but sure), and used her ice powers to pull off a stunt that was literally impossible(right, because ice magic is on par with red dragon fire, sure....)
    fantasy world.

she didn't really cleansed the Blight.

but it's not about Lordaeron so we should drop this before it turns into massive clusterfuck.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2018-08-26 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Because it was a sneak attack. No one knew she was going to divert her forces and strike north + burn the tree. Malfurion on the front line of the defenses lured the NEs into a false sense of security, that's exactly why Sylvanas originally wanted to kill him above all else. They underestimated her and no one expected Malfurion to be taken down (And if it wasn't for Saurfang, he wouldn't have been)

That's how I take it at least.
    How in the ass is it a sneak attack if they push their demolishers and entire armies of grunts, dark rangers, raiders, tauren, blood elves and so on there?
    Do Night Elves have no scouts in Ashenvale? They waylaid Garrosh's entire army there for weeks, did nobody call on the rest of the Alliance to assist Darkshore?
    What is this dogshit?
    Seriously, it gets even more ridiculous when you look at Battle of Lordaeron that follows. So, Alliance mobilised their army including the entire Sentinel Army in Feralas, to move against Silithus. But they can't divert it to Teldrassil in time.
    Meanwhile Sylvanas prepares the defenses of Undercity, moving the bulk of Horde army from Darkshore to Tirisfal? How can this POSSIBLY make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    They were in "Not part of the story we want to tell" land, along with the Vindicaar.
    So they are flying the Vindicaar around Farahlon, trying to find some meaning in life

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    fantasy world.

she didn't really cleansed the Blight.

but it's not about Lordaeron so we should drop this before it turns into massive clusterfuck.
    To make a fantasy world work, you need to suspend the disbelief certain things in it cause. For example, Jaina's magical flying battleship unsuspends the disbelief for the Horde and most of Alliance fanbase, because honestly what the fuck is it with that thing. Meanwhile Alliance suddenly being incapable of cracking Undercity because dude where's my artillery and the leaders suddenly become awestruck bumbling morons in the cinematic hits the Alliance playerbase just as hard if not harder. Unsuspending their disbelief in that scenario and making them angrily ask what the hell is this shit even.
    All this because to write a believable faction war scenario the writer should research how army logistics, siege warfare, strategy and tactics work and then apply them to currently established lore the fantasy world offers. But nobody bothered with that, why would they, this is a fantasy setting lmao so we can do whatever.
    I know it's an unpopular opinion and that there's lots of people who'll argue that "fantasy world fantasy rules", but still there ARE established things which work one way or another IN-WORLD, and choosing not to stick with them only makes it all look idiotic and irrelevant.

The Ancients protect nature, not the Night Elves.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    So they are flying the Vindicaar around Farahlon, trying to find some meaning in life
    And all they'll ever find is Med'an... the poor bastards.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Varendis View Post
    Maybe (my tehory) they are trying to avoid azeroth's death as another titan satabbed her with a giant sword right near to the heart (i don't think "chamber of the heart" is named just for the necklace)
    Plus, i don't think they concern about mortal affairs. So far, except cenarius in wc3, wild gods appeared only two three times: War of the ancients, Cataclysm and legion. Four time, if we actually consider august celestials as WG, and they appeared in mists of pandaria. Only when fhe life of the world itself is put at risk. Nuking cities isn't their main concern, but the planet literally bleeding, maybe to death, is the worst thing could happen to Azeroth.
    This is the Age of Mortals, and this war poses a significant threat to Azeroth herself.

I assume they were on that hippy seminar/world rescuing mission that Sylvanas allowed Baine to organize in order to distract everyone who could get into her way.

Would have been nice to have that mentioned somewhere though.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    The Ancients protect nature, not the Night Elves.
    You have fitting avatar for Blizzard's white knight.

Always there to show your support to them!

Quote Originally Posted by Blodia View Post
    To make a fantasy world work, you need to suspend the disbelief certain things in it cause. For example, Jaina's magical flying battleship unsuspends the disbelief for the Horde and most of Alliance fanbase, because honestly what the fuck is it with that thing. Meanwhile Alliance suddenly being incapable of cracking Undercity because dude where's my artillery and the leaders suddenly become awestruck bumbling morons in the cinematic hits the Alliance playerbase just as hard if not harder. Unsuspending their disbelief in that scenario and making them angrily ask what the hell is this shit even.
    All this because to write a believable faction war scenario the writer should research how army logistics, siege warfare, strategy and tactics work and then apply them to currently established lore the fantasy world offers. But nobody bothered with that, why would they, this is a fantasy setting lmao so we can do whatever.
    I know it's an unpopular opinion and that there's lots of people who'll argue that "fantasy world fantasy rules", but still there ARE established things which work one way or another IN-WORLD, and choosing not to stick with them only makes it all look idiotic and irrelevant.
    just saying that a flying ship is 'logical' in a fantasy setting.

I fully agree with you that War of Thorns and Battle for Lordaeron were badly written.

well, not badly but not that great.

How in the ass is it a sneak attack if they push their demolishers and entire armies of grunts, dark rangers, raiders, tauren, blood elves and so on there?
    Do Night Elves have no scouts in Ashenvale?.
    I'm guessing you haven't done Horde side of the war of thorns? We hit Ashenvale targets all at once, cutting communication. Malfurion holds us at bay with his wisp wall since he's the first to respond, due to Alliance intel saying Sylvanas was heading to Silithus, but is caught off guard with Saurfang + Blightcallers troops as they scaled the mountains of Felwood and came up behind the Elves. Sneak attack.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The Ancients and Wild Gods don't concern themselves with the faction War. Look at the Celestials in Pandaria. They focused on the Sha and Mogu, not on the Horde and Alliance fighting. They have better things to do, such as tending to the world that's currently dying.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Do Night Elves have no scouts in Ashenvale? They waylaid Garrosh's entire army there for weeks, did nobody call on the rest of the Alliance to assist Darkshore?
    What is this dogshit?
    Seriously, it gets even more ridiculous when you look at Battle of Lordaeron that follows. So, Alliance mobilised their army including the entire Sentinel Army in Feralas, to move against Silithus. But they can't divert it to Teldrassil in time.
    Meanwhile Sylvanas prepares the defenses of Undercity, moving the bulk of Horde army from Darkshore to Tirisfal? How can this POSSIBLY make sense.
    If you read Elegy, the Night Elven army in Ashenvale is basically only rookies. ALL of the outposts get taken out immediately by Deathstalkers in a coordinated and synchronized attack. Even then, some outposts manage to resist the attack and get the word out immediately. It's just, a lot of leadership dies really fast and communication becomes an issue. Evacuations start as soon as possible, and Stormwind gets overcrowded with refugees (assuming moving troops through Stormwind becomes an issue then, but idk why Alliance didn't help either. Nelves were cut off from everywhere, I guess.), and even then, Night Elves manage to stall the Horde.

It's even said that they know they're fighting a lost battle, but they keep on fighting to stall the Horde war machine as much as possible to give time for refugees to escape. Also, Night Elves knew the army is moving south, and they were on the edge - but literally every single piece of SI:7 intel confirmed that they were headed to Silithus, hence the MAIN BULK of Night Elven army was on the fleet en route to Silithus, and called back once Horde reached Darkshore, where they used Azerite to break the ranks and destroy the ships/fleet. Night Elves haven't managed to use Azerite yet, as they thought it was just Elune's magic or something.

Battle of Lordaeron takes place [a time] afterwards, not immediately. Enough time to move troops, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    They were having a party on board the Vindicaar. Together with all the mages of the Alliance. I heard the food was bad but the drinks were top notch.
    So that's where all the lvl 120 water went.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Knight View Post
    You have fitting avatar for Blizzard's white knight.

Always there to show your support to them!
    Nah, I just know what I'm talking about. The Ancients have only ever shown up when they thought the Legion was attacking Azeroth.

But maybe if you'd post from your main account, we could have an actual discussion about it.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    If both sides had every thing that is present in the lore Alliance would conquer the world and wipe out the horde in a day.
    Please, if the Horde races had everything they could have and wouldn't be the pussy versions of their races dear Thrall can handle and likes, the Alliance would be dust. Vindicar or not.

The same place the even night elves ability to fight or sneak around in a forest was. The whole thing was just a complete mess.

Tl:dr, but i think that the ancients just want to protect the planet not that they have a deal with nelfs. They are not bonded with night elves like a loa with trolls. They don't interfere with politics, they just want planet to be safe.