Oops that's old, give me a sec.

- - - Updated - - -

https://nintendoeverything.com/xenob...e-patch-notes/

Xenoblade 2 patch 1.5.2 is out!

Elma is available when you defeat her in the challenge mode challenge "Otherworldly fighter." Activate Overdrive with R and minus while having a full party gauge and use attacks to increase a counter which will increase damage done, boost art recharge from autoattacks, reduce enemy resistances.

Additional clothing options, including swimsuits, available using new currency, "Flawless Noponstones."

Uncontrollable, the Tyrant battle theme from Xenoblade X, will be used during a fight against a unique monster when you have Elma equipped.

- - - Updated - - -

https://sourcegaming.info/2018/08/22...olumn-vol-561/

According to Sakurai's Weekly Famitsu column, he specifically referred to the Smash poll for new fighters in Smash Ultimate.

- - - Updated - - -

Digital Foundry double header: Demos of the Switch ports of Diablo III and Dark Souls Remastered from Gamescom

Diablo III runs smoothly at 60fps

Dark Souls has some framerate issues with effects during bosses.

Speculates Diablo III is dynamic resolution.
    Last edited by johnhoftb; 2018-08-24 at 10:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    HOW DO I KNOW? THIS GODDAMN STUFF IS ALL AROUND!
    fugg uncontrollable is one of my fav boss songs.

I DONT WANNA HEAR HOW LONG WEVE BEEN HERE. THERES NO CHANCE FOR FEAR. UNCONTROLLABLEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    HOW DO I KNOW? THIS GODDAMN STUFF IS ALL AROUND!
    fugg uncontrollable is one of my fav boss songs.

I DONT WANNA HEAR HOW LONG WEVE BEEN HERE. THERES NO CHANCE FOR FEAR. UNCONTROLLABLEEEEEEEE
    Just wanna say I worship you and would follow you even if it means falling off of Mount Everest.

<3

What case / grips are you guys using? Bout time to actually buy the thing, gonna get the screen protector someone mentioned before but I still haven't locked down a case.

Was looking at the thin cases that flip over the screen but apparently those are all still bulky and only meant for tabletop use and not handheld which is what I imagine I'll be doing whenever it isn't docked. Want *something* for on the go but was trying to avoid basically walking around with a clutch that I gotta take the thing in and out of. Might be the only decent option though :\

Thinking maybe the tomtoc one, iono.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2018-08-25 at 01:26 AM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I'm hearing rumors of Nintendo France leaking a Switch bundle with Smash Ultimate with special dock art.

I'll post more if the rumors pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What case / grips are you guys using? Bout time to actually buy the thing, gonna get the screen protector someone mentioned before but I still haven't locked down a case.

Was looking at the thin cases that flip over the screen but apparently those are all still bulky and only meant for tabletop use and not handheld which is what I imagine I'll be doing whenever it isn't docked. Want *something* for on the go but was trying to avoid basically walking around with a clutch that I gotta take the thing in and out of. Might be the only decent option though :\

Thinking maybe the tomtoc one, iono.
    Look into the Satisfye pro gaming grip and case. The grip is amazing to hold in handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
    Look into the Satisfye pro gaming grip and case. The grip is amazing to hold in handheld.
    Yeah looks pretty much the same to this other one I found: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CBJBQHG...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I'm hesitant to get something like that ATM cause I got a grip for my 3ds forever ago since my hands would cramp up sometimes and basically never got comfortable using it.

Really more looking for something that'll make me feel more comfortable traveling with the thing but isn't some bag or something I have to carry. Was hoping to get something that actually just attached to the console so I wouldn't have to take it in and out while on the go but it seems like nothing like that is good for handheld playing from what I can find.

Not sure if I'm just missing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah looks pretty much the same to this other one I found: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CBJBQHG...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I'm hesitant to get something like that ATM cause I got a grip for my 3ds forever ago since my hands would cramp up sometimes and basically never got comfortable using it.

Really more looking for something that'll make me feel more comfortable traveling with the thing but isn't some bag or something I have to carry. Was hoping to get something that actually just attached to the console so I wouldn't have to take it in and out while on the go but it seems like nothing like that is good for handheld playing from what I can find.

Not sure if I'm just missing it.
    Well the switch is already pretty big. If you go on adding cases/grips you're gonna need hands the size of Shaquille O'Neal to play the ting

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post
    Well the switch is already pretty big. If you go on adding cases/grips you're gonna need hands the size of Shaquille O'Neal to play the ting
    I mean, the joycons aren't big so don't see why that would be the case.

I just need something to protect the thing on the go especially since I most likely won't be putting it in my pocket and would prefer if it weren't a separate lil baggie I have to take the thing in and out of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have big hands but short sausage fingers so playing without a grip is fine. I mostly play docked with the joycon grip though. I mostly only play unlocked while at work or pooping.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-08-25 at 10:20 PM.

https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/...71477512118272

According to the Best Buy Canada descriptions for the Wolf, Ridely, and Inkling amiibo, it says you can use said amiibo to unlock the character in Smash Ultimate.

On disc DLC.

Lets see people defend that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    On disc DLC.

That you can already unlock on disk.

You have always been able to unlock characters multiple ways in Smash games, either through playing a lot of matches or going through some of the content (like completing Subspace Emissary in Brawl). This is just another, faster way to do so.

Also, Ice Climbers, Snake, Pichu, Young Link, Simon, Richter, Dark Samus, and King K. Rool will not be available to unlock at launch via this method since they don't have amiibo. And that's just the characters who have been announced. Characters announced from now til launch also likely won't have amiibo to use to unlock them this way.

On disc DLC.

It seems more like pay to cheat really. Personally i would rather unlock them the ingame way. It would feel kind of patronising to amiibo your way to a full roster.

On disc DLC.

That you can unlock early versus doing it for free in game anyway.

THE WORLD IS CRUMBLING DOWN, EVERYONE!

On disc DLC.

Here's the difference between this and, say, what the new Soul Calibur is doing:

This is not DLC. The characters are in the game, and can be unlocked via the tried and true methods that have been used in every SINGLE OTHER Smash Bros to unlock them. All the Amiibo thing does is speed it up.

But they are not necessary to play the characters.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Here's the difference between this and, say, what the new Soul Calibur is doing:

This is not DLC. The characters are in the game, and can be unlocked via the tried and true methods that have been used in every SINGLE OTHER Smash Bros to unlock them. All the Amiibo thing does is speed it up.

But they are not necessary to play the characters.
    Ya the amiibo sounds more like a shortcut then anything. Really don't see how people can complain about it even more so if you collect amiibo's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Wanna bet the Amiibo locked characters will have ridicilously long and hard grinds to unlock them via gameplay?

Wanna bet the Amiibo locked characters will have ridicilously long and hard grinds to unlock them via gameplay?
    locking the inkling away? i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya the amiibo sounds more like a shortcut then anything. Really don't see how people can complain about it even more so if you collect amiibo's.
    Old School shortcut for Smash chars:

Play multiplayer matches, set to 1 stock and sudden death.

Used to be like every 50 matches would unlock a character, so you could get em pretty quick this way.

While every character had a "main" method to unlock them. EVERY CHARACTER could also be obtained by multiplayer, though some did require more matches than others. 50 is just an average.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.