Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah, that would've made sense, for her to be able to in the blink of an eye determine what areas hadn't been affected by The Sundering and teleport her entire Kingdom to that very location...

Or just no. What happened made far more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Also Azshara is scared of Jaina like Thalyssra is cause 10k year old mages fear a mage that has trained for 20 years classic human potential
    Seriously why are people so salty about this? Aside from the fact it’s a fantasy and you’re thinking too hard, there’s plenty of instances in real life where a young prodigy exceeds the ability of those who’ve been studying for years. Mozart was writing symphonies as a child. Does that piss you off as well?

Some things to consider. Firstly teleportation doesn't work like that in Night Elven culture. Occuleth shows us that. Rather than mass teleporting to wherever you want, they use preset portal networks as it's easier and safer. Secondly, the Well of Eternity that's being destroyed in the Sundering was the source of her power. The Highborne didn't learn to use the natural ley lines because they didn't need to-their knowledge of magic was shaped by the Well, and so they had no need of it.
    Magic is done in Warcraft not only through personal power, but also knowledge and external sources of power, and she lacked the latter two at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    She could have just teleported everyone to safety.
    If you have read WOTA books you would have known how strong mage she was.She is equal to Mediv.Azshara was stronger than Mannoroth and only Kil'jaeden, Archimonde and Sargeras surprassed her.Jaina a lot weaker than her.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    She could have just teleported everyone to safety.
    Define 'to safety' in a world that just got 'sundered' ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

she is not that powerful.

now, I best run away from this before I get bombarded by

She is above Archimonde and Kil'jaeden.

She is above Aegwynn.

She is above Mediv.

I'm wondering why someone hasn't incorporated Big Mouth Billy Bass into that animation yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    she is not that powerful.

now, I best run away from this before I get bombarded by

She is above Archimonde and Kil'jaeden.

She is above Aegwynn.

She is above Mediv.
    Yeah who knew posting bait would get you "bombarded".
    I don't think she was more powerful than any of those people when the Well collapsed around her but she was still pretty equal with them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Most powerful ≠ omnipotent

at most, she could have teleported them above the surface of the water, though given its a gigant influx of rushing water replacing thousands of miles of land, idk if that would have helped much.

i think mages need precise location data to be able to teleport. after the sundering, the continent as azshara knew it would have been completely changed. so she couldn't just plop down in kalimdor somewhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    to where exactly?

everything was crumbling and sinking.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah who knew posting bait would get you "bombarded".
    you mean the truth.

someone must teach those Azshara fanatics

you mean the truth.

someone must teach those Azshara fanatics
    Saying "she is not that powerful" is just wrong though. No one is saying she's the most powerful being, just powerful. You're not teaching anyone anything.

Saying "she is not that powerful" is just wrong though. No one is saying she's the most powerful being, just powerful. You're not teaching anyone anything.
    yeah, she isn't.

she is powerful but not THAT powerful.

yeah, she isn't.

she is powerful but not THAT powerful.
    I do wonder who do you think is weaker than Azshara from the Well of Eternity? And do you think she got stronger or weaker after being changed by N'zoth? Not arguing just wonder.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Some things to consider. Firstly teleportation doesn't work like that in Night Elven culture. Occuleth shows us that. Rather than mass teleporting to wherever you want, they use preset portal networks as it's easier and safer. Secondly, the Well of Eternity that's being destroyed in the Sundering was the source of her power. The Highborne didn't learn to use the natural ley lines because they didn't need to-their knowledge of magic was shaped by the Well, and so they had no need of it.
    Magic is done in Warcraft not only through personal power, but also knowledge and external sources of power, and she lacked the latter two at that moment.
    It's a troll thread. I wouldn't look into this seriously, lol.

But you are correct in your considerations.

I'd imagine that it takes to long for her to cast a teleport that TP's her whole city. She had a getter chance trying to stop the waves which unfortunately for her she wasn't able to.

I do wonder who do you think is weaker than Azshara from the Well of Eternity? And do you think she got stronger or weaker after being changed by N'zoth? Not arguing just wonder.
    eh better not to answer this.

Are there any examples of teleportation in the time period of the sundering? Is it possible that teleportation as a school of magic had not been fleshed out or fully realized yet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyCat203 View Post
    Are there any examples of teleportation in the time period of the sundering? Is it possible that teleportation as a school of magic had not been fleshed out or fully realized yet?
    During Legion, we can do the "History of Illidan" - or whatever it's called - quest line and one of them is during the War of the Ancients. Illidan was a mage at this time and his mage friends teleport in out and constantly.

Perhaps just a game mechanic with no lore implications, but I'd imagine a feat of arcane "blinking" was already known back then.