Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    lol..benefits? It has been proven over and over again that there are no benefits to speak of. The odd "good guy with a gun" scenario is dwarfed by accidental shootings, suicides and people getting shot while trying to get a gun up....
    Why do so many people include SUICIDE as a reason for gun control? People who want to kill themselves are going to do so regardless... pop a couple bottles of sleeping pills and you are rather unlikely to survive, and it is not too likely to cause significant pain either...

ACCIDENTAL shootings are a decent reason for regulations as mandatory safety classes would reduce (People are frequently morons so it would not eliminate) accidental shootings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    The point is....WHY would people want to harass someone that they think is the killer who they know is dead?!

All they are going to end up doing it making some poor random guys life hell.
    That happened to a friend of mine actually. Had the unfortunate circumstance of sharing the same name as the guy that shot up the church in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    so you think people are just going to go along with a ban when theres already 300+ million guns in america right now?
    nope i expect crazy gun nuts not to. over time guns could be confiscated and the remaining guns will eventually be too old since most people do not take care of their guns. on top of that Ammo will run out long before you get rid of all the guns.

but hey just because its difficult and will take a while then we should just give up

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yep. Exactly. My family and I are also seriously considering leaving the US once my husband is done with his time in the military. I’ve got a dual citizenship, so we’ve been looking into living in Scotland.
    Just to keep things in perspective, you're 100 times more likely to die in a car accident than a mass shooting. You're also more likely to die by choking on your food or bicycling than a mass shooting. For as visceral as it is, it's helpful to remember that these mass shooting events account for a very, very tiny fraction of deaths in America. Your odds of being involved in one are extremely small. Particularly if you aren't in a gang/involved in crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    Why do so many people include SUICIDE as a reason for gun control? People who want to kill themselves are going to do so regardless... pop a couple bottles of sleeping pills and you are rather unlikely to survive, and it is not too likely to cause significant pain either...

ACCIDENTAL shootings are a decent reason for regulations as mandatory safety classes would reduce (People are frequently morons so it would not eliminate) accidental shootings.
    because most people tend to not try suicide repeatedly if they survive
    but the ones that use a gun generally don't, the ones that try pills get mental health treatment and tend to live long lives afterwards

THATS why people include suicide

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    nope i expect crazy gun nuts not to. over time guns could be confiscated and the remaining guns will eventually be too old since most people do not take care of their guns. on top of that Ammo will run out long before you get rid of all the guns.

but hey just because its difficult and will take a while then we should just give up
    or we can keep our right to self defense yeah i think we'll do that
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’ve stopped going to events that attract huge crowds. Not even risking it anymore.
    Most crime happens in the home....

One of the other contestants said the shooter lost his match and that's why he returned with a gun and shot up the place.

How can you have such disregard for people and their lives? To just shoot them like you would paper targets?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What good does gun control with say a 20 mile area do when you can travel... you know outside those 20 miles and get a gun with ease?
    Does the place they go to have similar crime rates? TO imply that availability of the guns is a factor? Surly Indiana is as wrought with crime as Chicago if guns are so easy to get there.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    One of the other contestants said the shooter lost his match and that's why he returned with a gun and shot up the place.

How can you have such disregard for people and their lives? To just shoot them like you would paper targets?
    Maybe he's fucked in the head??

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    That happened to a friend of mine actually. Had the unfortunate circumstance of sharing the same name as the guy that shot up the church in Texas.
    Oh shit, must have been a hard time for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Of course this thread turns into another gun control debate. Look, the status-quo isn't an argument. Neither is the anti-gun stance. Go to the gun control thread and pose an actual argument or shut the fuck up.
    Tell your people to quit shooting up places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

I am glad it is a football game.

If it is CoD, it could get banned.

They're gonna blame anything and everything they can EXCEPT for the shooter. They're not going to question his mental status because that doesn't fit their narrative (especially if he's white). They're going to go on and on and on about him and plaster his face and name on every channel and site which in turn is going to make the next wacko decide its time for him/her to get their fifteen minutes of fame and according to the news the best way to do that is to go somewhere and shoot it up. The media is complicit in inciting these violent outbursts and should be held accountable but good luck with that
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Oh, what laws can the average person help change in your society? I'm part of the EU and my voice can't possibly change any laws or regulations.

The UK has hate speech laws where they IGNORE context of jokes and arrest comedians. The EU isn't free.
    Define free. Comedians are not really getting arested.
    And what can average person do in USA? Same - vote for the representative.

And... What all of this has to do with gun control? xD

Chicago has tons of gun control

Drive outside of Chicago...not so much

Studies show more guns come from outside of Chicago then inside

Also if you ban guns and get rid of them, how will the criminals get them? Steal them from cops or the military? If that happens then we have waaaaaaaaaay more problems to deal with
    How do drugs get into the states? We just poof them into existence with our magic wands? Trying to compare America to whichever place you live is like comparing apples to oranges. They're not identical, so applying the same logic does not always equal the same outcome especially when we already have millions of guns in the US. You'll start a civil war if the government tries to forcefully confiscate them.

Smuggling anything into the US whether it be guns, people, weapons, is not as difficult as you might think and it is a very profitable illegal industry. Look at how easy it is to smuggle people from Mexico into the US. If we were on an Island and guns were never legal to begin with, you might have an argument, but even then, smuggling through our ports is just as easy with the level of traffic we get as a result of how much trade we do with the entire world. We do not have the manpower or resources to check every single container that enters through our ports. A simple "hurr durr, lets ban guns cause it works for EU" mentality is not going to guarantee the same results. Different countries, different geographical layouts/neighbors, different economies, different values. I'm not saying limited gun control doesn't provide any benefits, but taking away all guns is just naive and will not provide the same results given our current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    or we can keep our right to self defense yeah i think we'll do that

So mr gun slinger thinks he is going to be able to stop someone who pops off on him before he even knows he is aiming a gun at him

even in best case scenario's its after a large number of people are killed before someone with a gun effects the outcome.

no one is taking away your right to self defense, just your ability to use a gun for it.

i mean why can't i have a rocket launcher. shit if i see 10 people coming up my driveway with guns why can't i just take them all out one shot? Why can't i have a tank just in case someone comes at me and my property?

why are you taking away my right to self defense! The best defense is a nuclear deterrent!

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Many of them are battle hardened veterans from the Soviets in the 80s, or have been trained by them. Most Americans are fat and lazy, and complain when the fucking AC is out and it's in the mid 80s.

Also, not sure why you think this about the military, as someone who served I doubt your claims.
    Just a minor correction: *trained by us.

The Taliban, Osama, the Afghani rebels - all trained and installed by us, with no hint of foresight or thought.

On topic: Do conservatives think you should be able to walk into a bar with a gun? That's the last place I'd want a person armed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnar View Post
    How do drugs get into the states? We just poof them into existence with our magic wands? Trying to compare America to whichever place you live is like comparing apples to oranges. They're not identical, so applying the same logic does not always equal the same outcome especially when we already have millions of guns in the US. You'll start a civil war if the government tries to forcefully confiscate them.

Smuggling anything into the US whether it be guns, people, weapons, is not as difficult as you might think and it is a very profitable illegal industry. Look at how easy it is to smuggle people from Mexico into the US. If we were on an Island and guns were never legal to begin with, you might have an argument, but even then, smuggling through our ports is just as easy with the level of traffic we get as a result of how much trade we do with the entire world. We do not have the manpower or resources to check every single container that enters through our ports. A simple "hurr durr, lets ban guns cause it works for EU" mentality is not going to guarantee the same results. Different countries, different geographical layouts/neighbors, different economies, different values. I'm not saying limited gun control doesn't provide any benefits, but taking away all guns is just naive and will not provide the same results given our current situation.
    So because its hard, lets not do anything?

so far its worked in many different countries, but hey america is always different!! (because it makes a great excuse just like for universal healthcare)

15+ Year Old Account
    So mr gun slinger thinks he is going to be able to stop someone who pops off on him before he even knows he is aiming a gun at him

even in best case scenario's its after a large number of people are killed before someone with a gun effects the outcome.

no one is taking away your right to self defense, just your ability to use a gun for it.

i mean why can't i have a rocket launcher. shit if i see 10 people coming up my driveway with guns why can't i just take them all out one shot? Why can't i have a tank just in case someone comes at me and my property?

why are you taking away my right to self defense! The best defense is a nuclear deterrent!
    The stupidity oozing out of your post is quite impressive but like I said I'll keep my right to self defense and my guns
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together