Struggling with Sub a bit...

So seen icy veins, some youtube stuff too and seems a bit inconsistent.

I am trying to figure out the best way to mythic plus dungeons, and i figured aoe would probably be the best bet. But I am unsure of the exact opener to use here. Also some sources say nightblade one target, others say do it on any target that will live long enough for the duration. If anyone could help break it down maybe some tips I would greatly appreciate it.

1. keep nightblade and FW up on your main target
    2. use shurriken storm to generate CPs
    3. use secret techniques on CD (preferably with dance/sod if available
    4. spread nightblade to any target that will live for more than 12 seconds, IF you're not in shadow dance

that's it basically

just choose the beefiest mob go: Shadowstrike-> NB> dance> SOD->storm->sectec-> storm-> evis spam when dance expires and some mobs will still live for more than 12 put NB on them and keep storm+evis spamming otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    1. keep nightblade and FW up on your main target
    2. use shurriken storm to generate CPs
    3. use secret techniques on CD (preferably with dance/sod if available
    4. spread nightblade to any target that will live for more than 12 seconds, IF you're not in shadow dance

that's it basically

just choose the beefiest mob go: Shadowstrike-> NB> dance> SOD->storm->sectec-> storm-> evis spam when dance expires and some mobs will still live for more than 12 put NB on them and keep storm+evis spamming otherwise
    Basically what is said here. Obviously it's going to come down to personal preference or comfort as well. You will do more dps if you are comfortable with what your steps will be.

Sub AOE, is basically just extreme high ST damage with many instant 5/6cp finishes on one target. The most cleave you'll do is with secret technique, which constantly comes off cooldown because of the amount of finishers you put out. If anything in AOE you should get 2 SD+ST finishers for every one SD+SOD+ST finishers. Also you can almost indefinitely maintain SD through AOE, although you'll want to consider your next pull when you get near the bottom of finishing off packs.

Yeah sub aoe isnt that great its mainly just insane ST that makes up for it. Ive found secret technique to be disappointing and not hit very hard, could just be me though i suppose. The above posts are right though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Yeah sub aoe isnt that great its mainly just insane ST that makes up for it. Ive found secret technique to be disappointing and not hit very hard, could just be me though i suppose. The above posts are right though.
    lolwut, one of the best aoes right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Priapism View Post
    lolwut, one of the best aoes right now.
    As i said im prob doing it wrong but secret technique felt weak in comparison to blade flurry

As i said im prob doing it wrong but secret technique felt weak in comparison to blade flurry
    Do have pet damage turned on in your combat log?

For whatever reason, the damage from the clones is treated as pet damage. So if you're reviewing your combat log to check the damage of Secret Technique, it is going to seem really weak if you don't have pet damage enabled.

It seems super strong to me. So strong it's probably going to get nerfed.

another (minor) thing:
    don't be stupid like me and use SoD+DS+ST right before the next boss.
    cannot remember how many times i messed up and had 0-1 dance charges and no SoD for the pull because the boss was pulled right after the trashpack died. (Atal-Dazar priest-boss)

Deleted
    I don't see how or why you're comparing them. Sub has very little genuine AoE, it's a single target build that uses multiple targets just to increase its single target even more. If you look at your meter after killing a pack probably 80-90% of the damage will be to one target. Secret technique is more or less like DFA, it's an empowered eviscerate that does some token aoe damage, which is what sub is about. Blade flurry does have much better AoE damage because that's what it's designed to do, but it cripples single target damage unlike sub, which matters in M+.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6705e600; 2018-08-27 at 11:39 AM.

Deleted
    Just to make sure: We always wanna use sectec inside shadowdance, right? I guess it wont make sense to delay it to SoD everytime to?

Deleted
    if you wanna go super pro mode - use mark for death and apply it to any target that is about to die as much as u can! the rest is just ShD->Shuriken->SecT/Evisc spam

i usually open on packs like this:
    stealth->ss->nb->ShD->SoD->shuriken->SecT->MfD->Evisc->ShD->Shuriken->Evisc....

i then only start to spread nightblade on more than 1 target - during your opener you should not try to spread NB, and only do if it lives more than 12s anyway.

if you dont have ShD ready and you switch primary target, use vanish to apply Find Weakness.

remember to NOT use Shuriken on less than 3 targets during ShD.

MfD has many benefits - more Evisc means more ShD and more SecT - besides having a free 5 CP for any mob thats about to die an reset its CD - also it helps on ST fights.

if you struggle keeping an eye on MfD cooldown during fights, just use a weakaura with a very annoying Sound thats played for any time MfD CD is reset.
    Last edited by mmoc7f469b031e; 2018-08-27 at 10:55 AM.