Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Flight whistle and fly point raids

Scenario: you complete a quest use your flight whistle the second the game loads you are dead by 40 players camping the flight point if you respawn and not a class with invisibility you are dead again than you can resurect and wait for 10 minutes because of resurection sickness
    sry but this is beyond retarded make flight points safe and i know herre comes the swarm of players who say git gut and win 1v40 or the no lifers who stand there for 20 hours with 29 other players to get an achievement saying how its a perfectly good systems cause they get stuff for free

Turn war mode off if you dont want to participate in PvP.

Wouldn't the 40 players just be surrounding the flight point instead of ganking as you touch ground?

If they instead made you impervious to player attacks for a short time after arriving with a flight path, then it still wouldn't help afkers, and the 40-man raid could just follow players until the impervious buff dropped...

I think the stance from Blizzard is that if you turn PVP on, you have to deal with the consequences. Even if it means being unfairly outnumbered, seeing as how this is WPVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    Turn war mode off if you dont want to participate in PvP.
    If you really think that’s intended, I can only feel vaguely sorry for you. Get real..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Turn War mode off. Easy solution.

PVP servers always had this sort of thing going on. The whistle only makes it easier to land in a spot where a lot of players will be standing. They don't necessarily camp it, it's just a spot where a lot of players land, and they will kill any players from the opposite faction when they see them.

So yeah, turn war mode off is the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    If you really think that’s intended, I can only feel vaguely sorry for you. Get real..
    Of course that's intended. Are you being serious right now? If it wasn't intended then there would be more guards, the area would be phased or many other ways to prevent this sort of behavior. Yet it isn't.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Do I think PvP around flight masters are intended? Yes, yes I do.

Hell, we used to chain murder the Flightmasters, it's annoying to the other faction but pvp happens.

Yes, it's intended. If you don't want to eat spicy food, don't order something with a bunch of peppers. If you don't want to get your hair wet, don't go out in the rain. and if you don't want to participate in PvP, turn PvP off.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

30 players camping people on a loading screen is not pvp only for mentally challanged who can barely play so yeah like most group pvp ers
    and no tuzrning it off is not the answer fixing the fucking "sharding" to actually work would be but that would require blizzard to work and well who wants that

Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    30 players camping people on a loading screen is not pvp only for mentally challanged who can barely play so yeah like most group pvp ers
    and no tuzrning it off is not the answer fixing the fucking "sharding" to actually work would be but that would require blizzard to work and well who wants that
    This is what world pvp has always been like, which is why most sensible people avoid it and rolled on PvE servers. The real issue here is that they're giving PvE incentives to people to PvP. Complaints are inevitable and warranted. I shouldn't have to PvP to get the most of out of my character in a PvE setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenario: you complete a quest use your flight whistle the second the game loads you are dead by 40 players camping the flight point if you respawn and not a class with invisibility you are dead again than you can resurect and wait for 10 minutes because of resurection sickness
    sry but this is beyond retarded make flight points safe and i know herre comes the swarm of players who say git gut and win 1v40 or the no lifers who stand there for 20 hours with 29 other players to get an achievement saying how its a perfectly good systems cause they get stuff for free
    git gud and resurrect away from them. You'll die at max 2 more times to resurrect away in safety
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

If you think of World PvP as anything but a 3rd world shit hole like Mogadishu you simply have unrealistic expectation of what World PvP is.

10+ Year Old Account
    war mode is world PvP, XvY, where X is greater than Y groups is epitome of world PvP. Yes, it's intended, if it wouldn't be intended players who used whistle would have a "this player doesn't count as a honour kill" buff for 30 seconds

- - - Updated - - -

it's world pvp, like it or not, or did you expected a 1v1 duels from world pvp? It is unfair by definition, next time you'll come back when some rogue will wait for you to chainpull, drop down to 50% and finish you off repeatedly while watching streams or whatever

- - - Updated - - -

At least now they can't kill flight masters, thank god
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

yeah im with ya i play on a pve realm and never had to bother with this cause there was no 10% more stuff and talents that made questing 20-30 % faster

There are so many cunts who want other people not to enjoy PvP that I will just never understand.

If you enjoy PvP you want more people to join in, not less.

"PvP happens" is as stupid a response now as it was prior to warmode. Imagine if raids just instantly killed you every second time you entered the instance, for no reason. You just outright die, every second time you enter.

Do you think it's a reasonable response to say "just don't PvE if you don't enjoy it"?

PvP isn't no holds barred, nor is it immutable. Changes _should_ be made to PvP to make it more enjoyable for the average player to encourage higher population to take part. "We camped the flight masters for hours, but hey PvP happens" is as fucking stupid as it sounds.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2018-08-27 at 03:22 AM.

It's been like that on PvP servers since the game's very first day. You turn on PvP you can get 40000 man camped everywhere. Actual safe zones are very scarce, for good reason. No one would do PvP if you had a fucking safe zone every 200 yards, that'd be ridiculous. Turn off fucking PvP if you can't handle 20 kids gathering up with the very intention to make your life miserable - that's literally what PvP in any game is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    There are so many cunts who want other people not to enjoy PvP that I will just never understand.

If you enjoy PvP you want more people to join in, not less.

"PvP happens" is as stupid a response now as it was prior to warmode. Imagine if raids just instantly killed you every second time you entered the instance, for no reason. You just outright die, every second time you enter.

Do you think it's a reasonable response to say "just don't PvE if you don't enjoy it"?

PvP isn't no holds barred, no is it immutable. Changes _should_ be made to PvP to make it more enjoyable for the average player to encourage higher population to take part. "We camped the flight masters for hours, but hey PvP happens" is as fucking stupid as it sounds.
    Yesterday we've met an allied raid farming Alliance players near summoning stone, after summoning our group, one of our teammembers just got moved to another shard full of Alliance players farming Horde (i must note that it was sudden move, not like we summoned this player into this shard, she was just standing near instance portal and suddenly disappeared from our shard into another). On our side we had similar thing - Alliance players were just popping in and out of existence (not near summoning stone so i would guess it's not the case of Warmode off players summoning Warmode on players).
    Weird shit.

Also i don't believe that dying in WPvP discourages people from doing PvP. WPvP is exactly this - you either gather up and outnumber people, or others gather up and outnumber you, denying you access to a location for some time. Some people enjoy it, some don't.

Good shit that you can opt out of it in Stormwind or Orgrimmar, right? Instead of, you know, transferring all your toons and changing guild

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yesterday we've met an allied raid farming Alliance players near summoning stone, after summoning our group, one of our teammembers just got moved to another shard full of Alliance players farming Horde (i must note that it was sudden move, not like we summoned this player into this shard, she was just standing near instance portal and suddenly disappeared from our shard into another). On our side we had similar thing - Alliance players were just popping in and out of existence (not near summoning stone so i would guess it's not the case of Warmode off players summoning Warmode on players).
    Weird shit.

Also i don't believe that dying in WPvP discourages people from doing PvP. WPvP is exactly this - you either gather up and outnumber people, or others gather up and outnumber you, denying you access to a location for some time. Some people enjoy it, some don't.

Good shit that you can opt out of it in Stormwind or Orgrimmar, right? Instead of, you know, transferring all your toons and changing guild
    Dying to an alliance of players as a solo player definitely encourages people to opt out of PvP. Before I turned off warmode it was every second comment in general chat in every BfA Zone.