Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    If you really think that’s intended, I can only feel vaguely sorry for you. Get real..
    Wpvp is not fair, don't like it? Well, don't do it?

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    This is what world pvp has always been like, which is why most sensible people avoid it and rolled on PvE servers. The real issue here is that they're giving PvE incentives to people to PvP. Complaints are inevitable and warranted. I shouldn't have to PvP to get the most of out of my character in a PvE setting.
    But the thing is if you turn off the PVP then you wont have these problems. while those that keep it on will have the buff to experience gained is working for them since it takes longer to lever due to pvp. working as intended!

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    But the thing is if you turn off the PVP then you wont have these problems. while those that keep it on will have the buff to experience gained is working for them since it takes longer to lever due to pvp. working as intended!
    The leveling buff is the least concerning thing about the bonuses, since it only applies when leveling and is dwarfed by rested XP anyway. The permanent buffs that always apply are the bigger problem.

This is what world pvp has always been like, which is why most sensible people avoid it and rolled on PvE servers. The real issue here is that they're giving PvE incentives to people to PvP. Complaints are inevitable and warranted. I shouldn't have to PvP to get the most of out of my character in a PvE setting.
    PVP players take more risk to do the same content, they deserve a reward for it, and it's nothing that will meaningfully effect your characters power level in the grand scheme of things.

- - - Updated - - -

The leveling buff is the least concerning thing about the bonuses, since it only applies when leveling and is dwarfed by rested XP anyway. The permanent buffs that always apply are the bigger problem.
    How are they a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    How are they a problem?
    They give a permanent and attractive reason for people to faction change which will exacerbate the faction imbalance even further.

Warmode is for asshats to act like asshats.

Sorry that didn't sink in with you like, the very second that it was announced, but it should be sinking in by now.

Fix it and forget about it (aka, turn it off).

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    PVP players take more risk to do the same content, they deserve a reward for it, and it's nothing that will meaningfully effect your characters power level in the grand scheme of things.
    There's no risk if all the Alliance turn it off, which is what is already happening with the expansion less than 2 weeks old.

Look it's completely understandable that horde players feel the need to defend their free 10% and free talents bonus. Yes, we understand that we can turn off warmode, but surely you don't think Blizzard is going to let the situation continue where 1 faction gets a permanent 10% bonus and the other doesn't?

It's been like a decade where PvP servers were occupied by mostly horde, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, but apparently Blizzard are really slow learners.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-08-27 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    yeah im with ya i play on a pve realm and never had to bother with this cause there was no 10% more stuff and talents that made questing 20-30 % faster
    I call bullshit on the 30% faster levelling. sure it goes faster in the beginning of the expansion IF you dont run into opposing faction but now its fairly the same. a buddy and me started levelling the same time and we dinged the same day with pretty much the same played he was a little faster then me because of the extra xp as it should be because of the risk for him to get involved in pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I would argue that there should be at least some guards, i know that they shouldn't put a sanction zone on all hubs, but having a guard or two to assist you with 3 BM hunters running amok facing no retaliation because everyone wants to just fly in and move to a WQ location, instead of wasting time in a non-mountable location (west Voldun hub) for no reason, would be very nice but wouldn't stop people from doing WPvP.
    i think they are trying to get people to group up more, quest together and so on. Always gonna be sketchy.

i love the new system, if i want to pvp just port to OG and switch and portal back and fly out to where i want to skirmish. And if i tire of it then i do the reverse.

I'm not sure why this is such a stretch. Tying PvE abilities and bonuses to a form of PvP that's so widely despised that they had to create dedicated servers for people to avoid it should have been seen as an obviously bad idea from the very start. The fact that there was already a massive faction disparity in PvP should have been another clue that it was a bad idea.

Blizzard have a very short timeframe to fix this before it leads to widespread faction hopping. If I wasn't in a guild with RL friends I would have faction changed already.
    And what will be your response if you faction hop and Blizzard balances the shards so the population is even? The grass isn't always greener. Shit...if I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd say they screwed up the balance on purpose to generate those faction swaps. Sadly, I think Blizzard incompetence and arrogance is the more likely explanation.

But I agree that Blizzard should be held responsible, and criticized, for not getting it right. As I mentioned, they had all the feedback from beta, as well as the years of PVP server imbalance to work with, but decided to ignore it, as usual. :/
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-08-27 at 10:05 AM.

If you really think that’s intended, I can only feel vaguely sorry for you. Get real..
    I feel like people like you don't understand the concept of "opting" into something.
    You have to literally opt into pvp now.
    So if you "opt" into pvp, expect pvp to happen anytime, any where.

By opting into warmode, you are basically signing a contract accepting all terms and conditions that come with enabling pvp.

It's not rocket science. There is no forced pvp/pve anymore. YOU literally make that decision. Stop blaming other people and the company because you can't handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    Scenario: you complete a quest use your flight whistle the second the game loads you are dead by 40 players camping the flight point if you respawn and not a class with invisibility you are dead again than you can resurect and wait for 10 minutes because of resurection sickness
    sry but this is beyond retarded make flight points safe and i know herre comes the swarm of players who say git gut and win 1v40 or the no lifers who stand there for 20 hours with 29 other players to get an achievement saying how its a perfectly good systems cause they get stuff for free
    I'm sorry, this is war, turn off Warmode/PvP and you are once more safe. If you got ganked and you take the ress sickness, then you have enough teleport options to go somewhere else to safety.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ordaine View Post
    By opting into warmode, you are basically signing a contract accepting all terms and conditions that come with enabling pvp.
    This is true. However, it doesn't mean that those conditions and terms are fair or even reasonable. In some cases the Warmode talents make classes actually work in ways that they should have at level cap, mostly due to the rampant pruning of class abilitites. Withholding those abilities behind flagging for PVP is a terrible design.

What would be better is if War Mode SWAPPED talents from the existing PVE tree. This turns flagging for War Mode into a more fair decision, with pros and cons. A tradeoff instead of a straight upgrade to effectiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    Wpvp is not fair, don't like it? Well, don't do it?
    Was I complaining about it happening to me? No. It never has. But back in the day, say in Vanilla for the first example, people wouldn't fuck with guards, so flight masters were for the most part off limits. Nowadays? You can quite literally ignore the guards, especially in a raid.

Secondly, in expansions after this, you could fly at max level anyway, so you didn't have to either run across the world or get spawn-camped at a guard-less flight path.

I really don't understand why this is so hard to understand. BUT MAH PVP only takes you so far.

Sharding, as most of us know by now, only exacerbates the problem, as it tends to create massively imbalanced situations due to raid groups constantly forming. And PS, I play a Rogue, and care not for the troubles of helpless Shaman/Warlocks etc. I'm simply not stupid enough to completely miss a problem when I see it.
    Last edited by Constraint; 2018-08-27 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'm sorry, this is war, turn off Warmode/PvP and you are once more safe. If you got ganked and you take the ress sickness, then you have enough teleport options to go somewhere else to safety.
    Exactly.

Take rez sickness. Port back to your capitol. Turn off war mode. Make a sandwich while rez sickness expires. Continue to play without the headache of badly designed and implemented world pvp.

And if it REALLY bothers people so much....unsub for a month. Not only will this express displeasure at the state of the game to Blizzard, but will also give them time to patch or change how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Exactly.

Take rez sickness. Port back to your capitol. Turn off war mode. Make a sandwich while rez sickness expires. Continue to play without the headache of badly designed and implemented world pvp.

And if it REALLY bothers people so much....unsub for a month. Not only will this express displeasure at the state of the game to Blizzard, but will also give them time to patch or change how it works.
    I go Warmode because I do love the 'fear' and well.. I like to be mischevious... Stealthing around, sapping, stunning.. You know... Being an asshole but without the killing part? of course, I wouldn't harass, just if I see someone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They could do it in such a way so that PVE players aren't disadvantaged.
    There is no disadvantage for pve, just advantage for pvp.

No joke. I wonder how these people would feel if they went to EVE online and got gate camped. ROFL!

Open world PVP is NEVER fair. It never has been. It never WILL be. That's the entire point.

If people want fair PVP, battlegrounds and arena exist.
    You won't even get it fair in bgs or arenas. That's why CC is so strong, it gives you a momentary unfair advantage of turning 2v2 into 2v1.

Everything PVP is about creating that gap and exploit it when it comes.

Stuff like that happens. When it does, leave whatever quest/WQs you are doing and mobilize your faction. Make a raid and attack. Its actually quite fun and puts us off the "normal grind".

I always have warmode on. Its more dangerous traveling around and you never know whats going to happen when you travel out from the city. You migth get ganked, you might be the ganker, sometimes you end up a huge wpvp conflict with 50+ people on both sides.

Yesterday I specced holy on my pala before going to vul'dun to do WQs. I do this because in most WQs spots theres fighting, and I can actually help out as a healer. Randomly me and a priest ended up being chased by two hordes(warr & dk) after a longer and bigger fight. They kept attacking us and we kept healing eachother up while attacking them slowly. In the end we got them both down. We ended up adding eachother on friendlist and now we play together. That would not have happend if I never turned on warmode.

And come on - when its our faction killing the enemies flightmaster it feels quite better :P

wpvp is not all bad!

This is true. However, it doesn't mean that those conditions and terms are fair or even reasonable. In some cases the Warmode talents make classes actually work in ways that they should have at level cap, mostly due to the rampant pruning of class abilitites. Withholding those abilities behind flagging for PVP is a terrible design.

What would be better is if War Mode SWAPPED talents from the existing PVE tree. This turns flagging for War Mode into a more fair decision, with pros and cons. A tradeoff instead of a straight upgrade to effectiveness.
    As true as that may be, that wasn't what the topic was aiming at.
    Either way, you cannot use the talents in dungeons or raids. Only open world. So the end result is the same. It may only hinder leveling/questing, which is why it was designed in such a way.
    Risk and reward.

This is what world pvp always was. Ganking and griefing. If you really thought this would turn out any different, you should get real.

In fact, it was totally to be expected that it would get much worse with War Mode then PVP Servers ever were, because now all the gankers are concentrated and can easily prey on those that believe 10% WQ bonus is somehow mandatory and worth the pain (and then coming here to cry).

Just turn it off if you're not interested in what WoW calls "World PVP" and let those people sit in their War Mode shard.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2018-08-27 at 12:41 PM.