Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Yah that is the problem since the Trash fire of WoD, I have no friends left in game cept my wife.

And getting in random mythics is a exercise in futility @ my current item level.

- - - Updated - - -

Starting my own group (although I have tried it in desperation w/no success) places me in a leadership role. I am in that role in RL, in game I rather be a follower .. do the mechanics, kill shit, collect loot rinse repeat
    You really don't have the lead the group just because you created it. Let the tank lead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Starting my own group (although I have tried it in desperation w/no success) places me in a leadership role. I am in that role in RL, in game I rather be a follower .. do the mechanics, kill shit, collect loot rinse repeat
    dont get me wrong i understand that, but dont you think that it is logical that it is more difficult to find a group that takes low ilevel people?

you say that you are leader in your job.

do you hire people with the least experience? or do you take the ones that give you the most benefit?

obv. people with less experience will have to look for a longer time for a job and people with more experience find a job way faster.

so why would you expect anything different from the leaders in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    I agree with this, 320 is easy to achieve before mythics and reasonable to ask for.
    Man I'd kill to find some 325-ish level expectations, several I have seen are currently riding high on the 340 range. I have been very unlucky with my WQs.

Completely depends on the class. rogue/mage/ret/warr are insanely strong and all are mongoloid faceroll so 315-320 is fine.

Tanks/heals 320-325

Enh shaman 350ilvl minimum
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2018-08-27 at 03:14 AM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    dont get me wrong i understand that, but dont you think that it is logical that it is more difficult to find a group that takes low ilevel people?

you say that you are leader in your job.

do you hire people with the least experience? or do you take the ones that give you the most benefit?

obv. people with less experience will have to look for a longer time for a job and people with more experience find a job way faster.

so why would you expect anything different from the leaders in this game?
    Then it has reached a point where it is content I just won't do.

I think it is BS that every dungeon pet/mount drop is locked behind "Mythic Only" and even a bigger pile of BS that a required crafting material is locked behind "Mythic Only"

My simple solution go back to the way it was in Legion 2 mounts dropped in Mythic and 1 pet through a achievment, go back to that. Also make it so crafters can actually craft something of use w/out having to run constant mythics aka maybe 325 BoE gear, or remove the Hydrocore requirement from the bags.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Man I'd kill to find some 325-ish level expectations, several I have seen are currently riding high on the 340 range. I have been very unlucky with my WQs.
    Same here man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Then you must abide by other people’s standards.
    Or just not do the content and quit the game.

If everything is going to be locked behind mythics why continue playing I guess.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

5+ Year Old Account
    No offence but this thread epitomizes what I really dislike about current WoW.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    agree but having played since Vanilla, I can see how much harm the LFD created, that being said I sure as hell don't miss sitting in a capital city spamming trade trying to get a tank or healer.

I remember one interview where the mention they were looking at making content able to be done w/out the holy trinity of Tank/Healer/DPS. Personally I think that would have been a better solution then LFD .. would have kept a community at least.

Now we are at a point where the majority of players are condidtioned to the LFD mentality ... and then they force "Mythic Only" that basicly goes back to the Vanilla standard...
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Deleted
    I do them with my guild so we run regardless of player ilevel, probably been as low as 250, but when I have to pug a player, I generally go for classes, since ilevel doesnt seem to have the biggest impact on performance atm.

Seen 305s outperform 340s, so I generally just go for the classes I know do well atm.

Depends a bit which one and how much time I have. On the one hand, I've carried friends through who weren't even geared for H. On the other hand, I've worked to reach 345 and see nothing wrong with asking to group with others who've done the same. I don't even ask friends their item level because I know they'll join me in discord, listen to instructions, and execute stuns/interrupts reliably. If I'm pugging a random stranger, I'll probably set it at 330.

- - - Updated - - -

You know you can make a 325 group any time you want, right? Why should someone else have to do it for you? If you aren't willing to lead a 325 group, why should they?

- - - Updated - - -

??? How so? This thread is just asking for opinions on what expectations you should set in group finder. I think it's great that OP wants to strike a balance between giving players access while also having a successful run. What about this thread is bad? Different people expressing different opinions?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10 ilvl under myself. So when doing on my 340 toons I require 330 and when doing it on my 330 toon I require 320.

I mostly run with a premade group on my toons anyway so it doesn't matter that much.

Just make your own group. That's what I did. I had no trouble getting people.
    I always write in the grp finder that its a casual run/learning run, with ilvl at 320 ish.
    Do we wipe, sure, thats the nature of random pugs, but most people stay and see it through ☺️

Be the group you wish to see in queue. How else do you expect it to change?

Group Finder is very fair in one sense: Whoever is willing to start a group gets to decide what expectations to set. No one is obligated to apply to their groups, but no one gets to tell them what expectations to set. BUT any of us are free to start our own groups and show them how it's done.

It's hypocritical to say "Someone else should make a group and invite me at low level because it doesn't matter" while also being unwilling to start a group and invite people who are low level.

I don't ooen groups myself, so don't answer the question, but my statement is related.

As a Tank, I avoid groups asking for more than 320 iLvl for I find it silly and unfair towards lower geared players.

Deleted
    Dnk did my First Mdung with gear lvl 308 some of my guildys skipped heroic and went into mythic... if ya know what ya doing , 305 minimum

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    ??? How so? This thread is just asking for opinions on what expectations you should set in group finder. I think it's great that OP wants to strike a balance between giving players access while also having a successful run. What about this thread is bad? Different people expressing different opinions?
    Nothing with the thread is wrong. It's just the mentality of ilvl/inviting same gearing wearing players/rushing as fast as we can that pushes and isolates the community, making everything automated. The damage has been done expansions ago, we're just encouraging and pushing this forward.

It isn't the first time players see others as obstacles or tools to their end's means.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    so you want people with the item level you get from the dungeon to do the dungeon ? stop playing the game. People like you are ruining it

Anyone asking for anything remotely close to 340. Stop being elitist asshats. Mythic is meant to to be the next step after heroic which rewards 325 gear. We did kings rest with a group around 300-310. Stop asking for retarded gear levels
    People feeling entitled to tell other people how to run their groups are what hurts the game. If you don't like the way he makes groups, make your own and show him how it's done! He doesn't get to tell you how to make your group, and you don't get to tell him how to make his. What could be more fair?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing with the thread is wrong. It's just the mentality of ilvl/inviting same gearing wearing players/rushing as fast as we can that pushes and isolates the community, making everything automated. The damage has been done expansions ago, we're just encouraging and pushing this forward.

It isn't the first time players see others as obstacles or tools to their end's means.
    Maybe for some, but most of us still join guilds and make friends. Most of us still help other players. What irks many is someone telling them they are obligated to carry random strangers who can't be bothered to help themselves.

I tanked mythics I'd already tanked this week just to help friends. Helped people with WQs I'd already completed. But I don't tell others how to make their groups any more than I let them tell me how to make mine.

320s a good threshold. I’ve never been overly selective with PUGs cause you can end up with a high ilevel geared guy that plays like shit. So I just take whoever and hope for the best.

325, but that doesn't matter whatsoever because I'm drowning in 340+ dps of desirable specs with previous experience the instance I open invites to fill some dps. Another reason you're better off picking the highest item level people is because they're most likely to not need stuff themselves.

Done several mythics with 290-300 guild groups. I don't ask for more than 310 from pugs. No problem when people take care to do the tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

dps at least 344. Tank 340 and healer i'll settle for 335 if they are the right class