Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post

Looks like nyalotha. I mean the clock tower has an eye as clock, it's beneath the waves etc which kinda sounds like it
    It looks very similar overall to the Black Empire illustration we had from Chronicle.

Lots of obelisks, some floating, pyramids, etc. The one in Warbringers has more of a mazelike structure to it, but...

I don't know. It's hard to say he was showing her a present location. It may simply be a vision of his domain of the Black Empire as it appeared during his reign.

Also worth noting that his appearance really doesn't resemble N'Zoth as depicted in Hearthstone or in the illumination in Chronicle Vol. 3. Not that you can clearly make out many details, but its main mass appears much more spherical, like C'Thun or Yog-Sarron, while in the previous depictions it's more lightbulb shaped, like an octopus.

She’s crazy in an ambitious, sociopathic and weirdly scary way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Also worth noting that his appearance really doesn't resemble N'Zoth as depicted in Hearthstone or in the illumination in Chronicle Vol. 3. Not that you can clearly make out many details, but its main mass appears much more spherical, like C'Thun or Yog-Sarron, while in the previous depictions it's more lightbulb shaped, like an octopus.
    Looks like this to me

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I've said this four times already, but you know you're badass/fabulous when you sass a fair deal out of an Old God and it accepts.

I like that they brought back Laura Post to voice her too. She does Azshara really well.
    100%, I was getting realy excited throught out the whole thing damn, I like her alot!

Quote Originally Posted by shiava View Post
    The whole civilization thing was because they were at war with each other, eventually N'zoth brothers defeated him iirc. If he were to resurface, he would be the only one truly alive (apparently his brothers are not quite dead but that's another discussion), and thus, he could conquer the world easily and finally corrupt azeroth for once as they were intended to do in the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    They required the power. Armys to fight the other old gods. Resources to create constructs/wards/shields/weapons ect... They themselves cant really move from where they crash landed. They are all burrowing into azeroth but only one gets to control her body.
    i know they warred with each other. the problem is... why? what is the point? it doesn't serve the ultimate end goal of the lords, it's stupid.

they don't really need to do anything but quietly sink their tendrils into azeroth and corrupt her. everything they've ever done achieved nothing, they created a civilization where they could watch mortals and revel in depravity, set the elemental lords to war against each other, and didn't even seem to attempt to finish their job of corrupting the soul.

it's just dumb.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Looks like this to me

Yup, clearly same, made this quickly eyes are off as hell but you get the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

Yup, clearly same, made this quickly eyes are off as hell but you get the idea!
    I would expect a few design changes since they want Azshara to mirror his monstrousness a bit better and vice versa, but it seems close enough.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2018-08-27 at 02:19 PM.

A few other questions this short brought to me:

Why does she care about her people suddenly? She never did before, she summoned the Burning Legion and ruined her empire just to shack up with Sargeras.

Why did a barrier make her sound like she was trying to go SSJ2? Yeah sure you could say the ocean is an incredible weight, but that's not how this played out before. She was annoyed more than struggling while she sank IIRC. She's supposed to be close to KJ or Archimonde in power, can you imagine a barrier like that making these dudes struggle?

Why did they undermine N'zoth so hard? The dude is an immortal space tumor, supposed to be one of the more intelligent space tumors and yet he's frustrated by this chick? N'zoth has no known lifespan, he could wait 100,000 more years to find someone like Azshara while she's only got a few minutes of oxygen to work with. He watched her for 1,000 years and didn't immediately understand what would make her turn?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Why did they undermine N'zoth so hard? The dude is an immortal space tumor, supposed to be one of the more intelligent space tumors and yet he's frustrated by this chick? N'zoth has no known lifespan, he could wait 100,000 more years to find someone like Azshara while she's only got a few minutes of oxygen to work with. He watched her for 1,000 years and didn't immediately understand what would make her turn?
    He could lie and pretend to be outraged, in order to coddle her narcissism so that she thinks she's in control. He did turn her in the end, didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    He could lie and pretend to be outraged, in order to coddle her narcissism so that she thinks she's in control. He did turn her in the end, didn't he?
    I too subscribe to the Metternich style of diplomacy. No matter what happens, that was the plan all along!
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair she was pretty insane on how she spoke to an old god like it was a typical daily meeting :P

My first reaction would have been "HOLY SHIT AN OLD GOD, OMG AN OLD GOD, I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM FACING AN OLD GOD, I AM GONNA DIE I AM GONNA DIEEEEEE" but that's just me :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-08-24 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Man, it sure is clear who wears the pants in their relationship. She just straight-up made n'zoth her bitch, in seconds at that, after he had a thousand years to prepare for the encounter.

So much for the power of the old gods, I guess.
    Or N'zoth, like Sargeras, recognizes that killing her to establish his dominance does nothing for him and he can indulge her to fulfill his goal of being freed.
    Once hes out he can squash her if he feels like it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Azshara was never insane.

She was a power hungry, vanglorious, tyrant.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    also, i don't really understand what the old gods seem to want to achieve. why build grandiose civilizations when you supposedly intend on consuming everything? when the titan you're seeking to corrupt will emerge?

what purpose is there to building a civilization/empire if it's functionally not all that different from currently existing civilizations? i mean, the only functional difference between the black empire and horde/alliance is mass sacrifice and a person might be gutted in the street every now and then, but live in any pirate town and the only thing different would be the lack of sacrifice.

their goals are just pointless in the grand scheme, unless maybe the old gods stopped serving the void lords and want the world for their selves.
    I think Blizzard dropped the ball a little when they introduced the void lords as the old gods superiors.

But if we consider them to be manipulative, the fact that they try to corrupt the world titan soul is probably to become more powerful overcome their 'masters'.

Also we always think of the void consuming all, but what does consuming really means? Destroy everything or subdue the species to serve them? (Think of curse of flesh and void elfs bring infused to become part of the void)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    To be fair she was pretty insane on how she spoke to an old god like it was a typical daily meeting :P

My first reaction would have been "HOLY SHIT AN OLD GOD, OMG AN OLD GOD, I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM FACING AN OLD GOD, I AM GONNA DIE I AM GONNA DIEEEEEE" but that's just me :P
    Haha yeah I probably would do the same, but I don't think she knew what she was dealing with besides she was 'used to' making deal with Intergalactic overlords already lol

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Vision of the old Black Empire to display how powerful they were in the past in all their glory. Doesn't necessarily mean it's N'yalotha.

She's a narcissist and a megalomaniac. That's enough insanity I guess.

Cant go insane if you're already insane *insert meme

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i know they warred with each other. the problem is... why? what is the point? it doesn't serve the ultimate end goal of the lords, it's stupid.

they don't really need to do anything but quietly sink their tendrils into azeroth and corrupt her. everything they've ever done achieved nothing, they created a civilization where they could watch mortals and revel in depravity, set the elemental lords to war against each other, and didn't even seem to attempt to finish their job of corrupting the soul.

it's just dumb.
    Maybe survival of the fittest? Shark womb idk

Their might combine would be enough to accomplish the goal sure, but they might want to have all the power for themselves.

Like a hive mind, you want to control it all and not compete for resources with other hives.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    A few other questions this short brought to me:

Why does she care about her people suddenly? She never did before, she summoned the Burning Legion and ruined her empire just to shack up with Sargeras.

Why did a barrier make her sound like she was trying to go SSJ2? Yeah sure you could say the ocean is an incredible weight, but that's not how this played out before. She was annoyed more than struggling while she sank IIRC. She's supposed to be close to KJ or Archimonde in power, can you imagine a barrier like that making these dudes struggle?
    She doesnt care. The wellbeing of her people is a symbol of power and status. If she can protect them, she isnt powerful. But also her people are a coin to trade whatever she wants (more power and status). She did it with Sargeras, she did it again with Nzoth. She didnt put conditions for her people, she just brought them as an army.

The great part is if we do kill her and N'Zoth, the Naga will be freed and neutral. Perfect for a new multifaction race.