Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Aaaaand transmog is dead
    Aaaaaand you didn't read the entire post. This only affects tradeskill items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    creating an AH like gw2 has, might help with the problem...people can just dump all of their items in their and people can choose how many they want to buy, automatically buying the cheapest ones
    Seconded.

Although even GW2's AH could use better filtering.

Deleted
    Why not just require confirmation for each posted auction? Want to post 200 of single stack auctions? Click confirm button 200 times.

Also prevent add-ons from setting prices, just like they did with group finder where add-ons no longer can fill group title. That would get rid of bot-like fully automated undercutting, so people would have to actually play auction house when "playing ah" instead of clicking button. That would get rid of massive chunk of AH transactions.

I hate those guys listing dozens, hundreds of 1 piece resources. I wish they would do something against it, it's so annoying to have the AH spammed with this crap.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I just re-checked several commodities to confirm and the number of posts with no buyouts is tiny compared to the number of posts with buyouts. Eg, monelite ore, 5 items posted without buyouts, 2400+ items posted with buyouts.

It's not that.
    He knows shit about this topic, is just a Plebs posting 800g of cloth thinking he is the Trump of WoW.

Putting endless 1 stack is a tact to make impatient buyers buy asap the bigger stacks instead of buying 1 by 1.

You literally put 500 stacks of 1 then 2-3 stacks of 200 at 3x and you will sell the latter like cakes.

Unfortunately this "tact" makes AH lagging, that is the issue we having rn

Barely touch the AH but disagree largely to limiting deposits. That really is the nuclear option and will have some far reaching consequences with the WoW economy.

Current hotfix is a bit lackluster but at least hurts people's profit margins if they continuously relist bids for 1 stackers. Hopefully we have some substantial AH changes being rolled out somewhat soon (the expectation was already there when they pulled the AH feature from the now deprecated WoW app).

I was expecting significant UI improvement so that you don't need addons to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    How about items of low vendor value, like 2s and below, can only be placed in stacks of minimum 10?

That seems like a reasonable change.
    Nope, because what about people that only want to buy 1 or 2 of a trade item? Thats why they sell so easily in stacks of 1. If they sold better in stacks of 5 or 10, more people would stack them at those sizes.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that they could've been a bit more aggressive with the change, but then where do you draw the line? This is already good for punishing those who post a lot of 1-stacks because of one major thing: odds are they'll be undercut before they can sell most of it. With how much they lose from an expired submission now, at least a good few people will see the writing on the wall and start submitting bigger stacks again before they start losing too much money.

I'd say let it roll for a few days and see how it changes things. Depending on the result, they can make further adjustments. We can't really make super accurate predictions of how it'll work before we've seen it in action - hell, my prediction above could end up being wrong too. It's only just been added into the game, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    creating an AH like gw2 has, might help with the problem...people can just dump all of their items in their and people can choose how many they want to buy, automatically buying the cheapest ones
    The AH in gw2 is fantastic. I really wish they'd revamp it to be the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    enable people to buy as much as they want from that stack instead of having to buy the whole stack.
    This is probably the real fix.

ask always blizzard pussied out

this will change nothing but bring inflation to game - people will still put it in stacks of 1 just with higher overall price

this is proving how big idiots are in charge of wow

mats should be stackable with minimum 50 mats per stack and stack going way higher then 200 - it should be limited at 1000 or even 10000 because why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    I'd say let it roll for a few days and see how it changes things. Depending on the result, they can make further adjustments. We can't really make super accurate predictions of how it'll work before we've seen it in action - hell, my prediction above could end up being wrong too. It's only just been added into the game, after all.
    (For the record, I agree with this. See, #29, for example. Let's give the change some time since it is already at the doors.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wish they'd just make the WoW AH like the RuneScape GE.
    That thing works perfect.
    Selling myself out below

The AH needs a serious rework, not only to improve performance, but also to reimagine how it could work. There are examples of similar systems in other games that could also work in WoW without changing the game economy too much.

GW2 is the one i like most, at least certain aspects of it. There are also games that have dual systems with both AH and a job request system. Even a separate system just for crafting materiales that only works with buyout and doesn't work with individual auctions will go a long way.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

10+ Year Old Account
    If TSM has this super fancy UI where you can see the different stack sizes in a single view, why can't Blizzard follow suit on this?
    tbh, searching the AH sucks if you don't have TSM. It's better browsing in a multitude of ways. People using TSM don't give a crap about the single stack listings because it's just one line in the UI.

The increase in deposit is something I welcome, and the AH load really needs to change but the standard Blizzard AH UI is just horrible compared to TSM.

(super old pic to illustrate the browsing with tsm. Instead of 125 lines of stacks/20, it shows one line that can be collapsed etc)
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    People will buy the cheapest.... the cheapest tend to be the singles.
    People with addons like TSM will buy the cheapest. Rest will buy a stack, even if it's twice the price.

Deleted
    You can put a limit of like 300 auction at day per account.

Or make tradegoods postable only from 10 up to 200 per stacks then makes players begin able to buy any size of it

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    the ah slowness started after pre-patch 8.0.1 and went worse with bfa release..
    I'm on Twisting Nether EU and AH has been crap for years, scanning pages with Auctionator taking forever. It's just worse at the start of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    He knows shit about this topic, is just a Plebs posting 800g of cloth thinking he is the Trump of WoW.

Putting endless 1 stack is a tact to make impatient buyers buy asap the bigger stacks instead of buying 1 by 1.

You literally put 500 stacks of 1 then 2-3 stacks of 200 at 3x and you will sell the latter like cakes.

Unfortunately this "tact" makes AH lagging, that is the issue we having rn
    This reasoning is weird. If i want to buy several hundreds of an item, where there is a 200 stack or something similar high for price x, and i think the price is reasonable and ok for me. Why should the mere existance of 1 stacks trick me into buying those 200 stacks earlier, if i wanted to buy those stacks anyway?

In my opinion the only reasoning to list those 1 stacks, is to "trick" other players to list their 200 stacks at a way lower price then usual, buying this and use it themselves, or resell it.

If you truly want to sell the item there is simply no reason to do it in 1 stacks at a waaaaay lower price.
    It takes time for you to list, it takes time for the buyer to buy it, it takes time for you to get the gold out of the mail box, and it takes more time to simply use the AH for literally everyone. For what? Less gold and slower buy out? When i list 200 stacks at roughly double the price of the 1 stacks they are sold in minutes. While you are still listing yours, i have already sold mine and for more gold.