Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So, in other words, this image is now canon.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    sure, one can disagree with how other people do their work.

but calling people "worst ones" and "waste" isn't edgy or cool. it show that you are a horrible, horrible human being. by the way: there are a million others writers who write things above and below the quality of the writing for WoW. gotta hate 'em all, hu?
    It's only natural to get irritated when a story that you're invested in goes to shit because the authors have collectively put their heads up their asses. The story since the end of WotLK has been a total inconsistent mess, moving at a snail's pace through the most boring plotlines but rushing at breakneck speeds through critical moments.

Fighting orcs for 3 years but then defeating the Legion on their own damn homeworld in one patch is piss poor writing. And it's by far not the only example of bad writing. This whole atrocious mess could have been avoided if Garrosh had stayed warchief and Lei Shen had been the final antagonist of MoP, like originally planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    So, in other words, this image is now canon.
    "a waste"

GG, MU Garrosh was so utter shit that even Bronzes shittalk him long after he dead

also, Nathanos has something to say about the virgin part

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It's only natural to get irritated when a story that you're invested in goes to shit because the authors have collectively put their heads up their asses. The story since the end of WotLK has been a total inconsistent mess, moving at a snail's pace through the most boring plotlines but rushing at breakneck speeds through critical moments.

Fighting orcs for 3 years but then defeating the Legion on their own damn homeworld in one patch is piss poor writing. And it's by far not the only example of bad writing. This whole atrocious mess could have been avoided if Garrosh had stayed warchief and Lei Shen had been the final antagonist of MoP, like originally planned.
    i understand what you say, but: is the love for this game and the lore this game so great that every misstep is causing agonizing pain and leading to remarks about how a human is "waste" because of something he/she wrote?

personally i like the story and i can overlook the inconsistencies, plot holes or how fast / slow the story moves. i don't even read anything outside the game and i still enjoy it what it is: light fantasy.

if it had so much importance to me that i would call people waste, i definitely would have myself checked.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

7+ Year Old Account
    i understand what you say, but: is the love for this game and the lore this game so great that every misstep is causing agonizing pain and leading to remarks about how a human is "waste" because of something he/she wrote?
    not every misstep, but the bad, terrible and fucking jokes misstep yes they almost caus physcaly pain

the problem is almost everything is this kind of misstep, fucking terrible

personally i like the story and i can overlook the inconsistencies, plot holes or how fast / slow the story moves. i don't even read anything outside the game and i still enjoy it what it is: light fantasy.
    until sometime ago, the plot holes and inconsistencies could be avoided and ignored, now they are in such a position we can't anymore and its damaging the story too much, not even a blind eye could help cause the lore i shoved in your face

this started in WoD with the new team imo

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Thoughts ?
    A tongue in cheek shot by the devs at the player base over what happened to the Garrosh character (they never intended him to become irredeemable, he was supposed to be on the same asshole > great leader journey as Varian was making at the same time, however the playerbase's perception of him as an irredeemable / failed character gave them no other choice but to go with it).

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, back when he was the Hogger of Eastern Plaguelands he used to get gangbanged on a quarter hourly basis xD

Deleted
    "a waste"

GG, MU Garrosh was so utter shit that even Bronzes shittalk him long after he dead

Nathanos being gang-banged constantly on the orders of Bolvar and then Varian while he was the object of that quest in EPL has no bearing on Sylvanas's virginity, though.

Also, I don't see how the Bronzes' comments amount to 'shittalking Garrosh', seeing as how they confirm he was supposed to be greatest warchief.

Light fantasy is a genre of fantasy fiction that is light in tone by largely staying away from darker aspects of the human condition, sometimes in a comedic fashion. NOT fantasy which is badly written or 'fluff'. Discworld's an example of light fantasy, afterall.

Warcraft isn't light fantasy because it does attempt to cover subjects like war, prejudice, corruption, fanaticism and so forth as main aspects of the story. You can argue that it does so poorly, is badly written, juvenile, and so forth (I would agree), but it's certainly not a light fantasy from a mechanical perspective. Let's not use terms wrongly, especially since everyone who plays Warcraft is apparently an accomplished literary critic now
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2018-08-28 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL thats some reaching

if a neutral Bronze calls you waste and then you are a waste
    Your never convince garrosh fanboys he was anything but a paragon to them, even when the writers themselves tell them he was worthless. It's kind of a religious mentality.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Your never convince garrosh fanboys he was anything but a paragon to them, even when the writers themselves tell them he was worthless. It's kind of a religious mentality.
    You mean like when the writers said Thrall was worthless for cheating in the Mak'Gora against Garrosh during Legion?

Also, you parrot alt-right talking points. You've certainly got no right to accuse other people of adhering to a cultish mentality.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2018-08-28 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Also, I don't see how the Bronzes' comments amount to 'shittalking Garrosh', seeing as how they confirm he was supposed to be greatest warchief.
    AU ones, son, AU ones

The one you/we got was a turd from the start

Deleted
    AU ones, son, AU ones

The one you/we got was a turd from the start
    If only Vol'jin could have looked beyond his ideology and seen Garrosh for the hero he was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just leave this here:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    I just leave this here:

Even the great Asmongold and bald bearded Viking boi Nixxiom agree that Garrosh did nothing wrong!

Probably just acknowledgement that they could have gone another route with Garrosh. It was just a few weeks ago that one of the interviews mentioned Garrosh being a major source of contention among the writers, and clearly not being a lot of internal communication about what direction to take him.

It's too late now, but personally, I wish they'd have kept him around. Maybe not as Warchief, but as an enforcer, slowly learning more and more about honor from Saurfang and possibly learning from the other races within the Horde, until eventually becoming truly honorable himself.

Garrosh was fine as warchief until Blizzard decided to take a 180 on his character development in Cata and turn him into the expansion boss of Mists.

Garrosh was wasted potential for sure from a lore stand point. He was a brand new character created in WoW, not a holdover darling from WC 1-3, so he had that going for him, an original with a great legacy. He could have been the Grom of WoW (meaning we wouldn't have needed time travel in WoD for an Iron Horde, imagine that.) Essentially, Garrosh should have played the role "AU Grom" did in WoD, but that's what happens when you want to pay fan service to a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Too bad our version of blizzard writers is also one of the worst ones and a "waste".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Awesome, different timeline bullshit. Speaking of, can we get on the potential timeline where blizzard can write decent stories again?
    Boom, headshots

sure, one can disagree with how other people do their work.

but calling people "worst ones" and "waste" isn't edgy or cool. it show that you are a horrible, horrible human being. by the way: there are a million others writers who write things above and below the quality of the writing for WoW. gotta hate 'em all, hu?
    Sorry but the writing quality has plummeted in this game over the last 3 expansions, and if you can't see that, you aren't looking.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Sorry but the writing quality has plummeted in this game over the last 3 expansions, and if you can't see that, you aren't looking.
    it has been at the bottom since vanilla/TBC/Wrath as well

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The way I see it, Garrosh had to go to war with the Night elves (and by necessity with the Alliance).
    Thrall in his utter incompetence as a statesman made the orcs settle in Durotar for penance? (I think the internment camps were penance enough dude) thus guaranteeing that once their population would grow they would not be able to have adequate resources for their people. If he had moved the orcs to say Feralas, were Night Elf presence was limited and there were ample resources, the Horde would be able to grow and would not be forced to come to blows with the Alliance.
    But he didn't and the orcs had to go to war or starve.
    The war of "resources" in WoW seems gratuitous at best since there are so many areas in Kalimdor rich with animal life and plant life that isn't Feralas. Take Un'goro Crater for example, just a huge stretch of unclaimed land teeming with animal and dinosaur life where the Orcs could settle additionally and farm the animal life around it. The Darkspear have plenty of experience taming dinosaurs, it wouldn't be an issue, but for some reason, they always have to go to Feralas like it's the only spot.