Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries would have felt better this expansion rather than last expansion in a time where we are getting absolutely zero spec altering passives and abilities. Leveling up felt kind of pointless because I got nothing cool at the end of it.

I miss having legendaries. I don't miss the way legendaries were obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by blinzi View Post
    reforging gear needs to be cheaper or even free like talent changing - its way to expensive.
    Even then all the gear won't have all the situational talents. You're still going to be carrying tons of gear regardless of the cost of reforging.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Not at all. Wanting to be competitive and being hindered by something outside of your control is a perfectly valid concern and has nothing to do with being mature/immature.
    Not being able to have fun if you're not winning has everything to do with immaturity. Blaming/fixating on things out of your control (and please, name a single competitive activity where this is not a factor) is also a sign of immaturity.

Luck is a part of WoW. It always has been. Whether it's getting the right Legiondary, or getting the BiS trinket or Weapon, or that final set piece, your individual performance has always been influenced by such luck. And that is ok, because when luck is a factor people can be more accepting of the fact that we're not all performing exactly same. Importantly, across your team (your raid group) that luck tends to balance out, so its real effect on raid progression is negligible.

Being competitive in a mature way means playing the hand you're dealt to the best of your ability to help your team win. It does not mean you need to be the star player every time. Those players who got the healing legendaries may not have been the stars of the dps meters, but it's quite likely that their extra surviveability was just as important to getting that first kill as was the extra dps that the other players were bringing.

Yes and No, the delivery was terrible.

My main got his bis legendaries last and that took 8 months of running emissaries daily, lfr, regular, and heroic. 90% of the content I ran was just for legendaries and the day I got my BIS I was burned out so bad I quit 2 weeks later.

Oh, and my nephew who played casually got his BIS pair of legendaries the first 2 weeks.

Quite frankly, I'm enjoying BFA where I don't feel obligated to do anything right now, just actually play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Agreed.

The constant bitching and moaning about them did not mean shit to me, i liked legendaries.

Sure they occupied and limited slots customization, but that could be easily solved by making them work as an enchant of some sort.
    The annoying part about the legendary and the constant bitching about them is not because of them being bad or anything like that, in fact I like the gameplay they provide so much but the annoying thing about them that they are totally luck RNG when it comes to drop (before the wakening essence fix which came out at the very end of the expansion). Basically the annoying thing about them is the way you get them was total RNG no dedication no skill required no nothing just pure luck.

No. I prefer no legendary, no azerite armor, no artifacts.

Gear should be dropped from dungeons, raids, quests, crafts etc. like it has always been before level 100.

No over-complicated layer after layer traits, paths, relics, bonus, etc..

So people can actually focus inside the game, not on 3rd party sims, guides, icyveins etc.

LOL, the fickle wow community at it again. Just a month ago everyone was so excited Legendaries were gone, now here we go we've come full circle.

15+ Year Old Account
    I miss what Legendaries could have been.

Instead, they gave stuff like the helm for Frost and Belt for UH.

The helm turned you into number 1 DPS god above all classes and the belt was absolutely useless and pointless for Unholy (resources on top of excess resources that was later addressed in a patch).

Fuck no. I dont ever want to see another orange text item again. They were a royal pain in the ass thanks to the fuckstick that is RNG.

Deleted
    Yeah I miss them too. Can't believe Cataclysm was the last time we had Legendary items in the game.

I think I only miss the possibility of getting one. I certainly don't miss going through 7 bad ones to get the 2 good ones required to compete.

But I miss the unknown and the excitement of getting something better than an Epic item. I think Legion spoiled me in that regard, and ever-so-slightly motivated me to do the content I normally wouldn't have (LFR, emissaries every single day) for the chance at getting one.

Other than that, I don't miss them much. Getting weapons with effects and not just stats on them will do just fine.

I don't miss any of the mechanics that were tied to obtaining them, I just miss the buffs I got to things like my energy regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Not being able to have fun if you're not winning has everything to do with immaturity. Blaming/fixating on things out of your control (and please, name a single competitive activity where this is not a factor) is also a sign of immaturity.

Luck is a part of WoW. It always has been. Whether it's getting the right Legiondary, or getting the BiS trinket or Weapon, or that final set piece, your individual performance has always been influenced by such luck. And that is ok, because when luck is a factor people can be more accepting of the fact that we're not all performing exactly same. Importantly, across your team (your raid group) that luck tends to balance out, so its real effect on raid progression is negligible.

Being competitive in a mature way means playing the hand you're dealt to the best of your ability to help your team win. It does not mean you need to be the star player every time. Those players who got the healing legendaries may not have been the stars of the dps meters, but it's quite likely that their extra surviveability was just as important to getting that first kill as was the extra dps that the other players were bringing.
    You have a pretty strange concept of maturity. I don't see a point in discussing it further to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    LOL, the fickle wow community at it again. Just a month ago everyone was so excited Legendaries were gone, now here we go we've come full circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Because WoW community is a hive mind, right?
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2018-08-28 at 04:25 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    That's your opinion.
    Lol is not, it is the pure natural definition of a legendary item...

I'm definitely in the same boat. It would've been so much better if they took that system and opted to perfect it rather than do away with it entirely, it kept me playing constantly through all sorts of content as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in a million years would I ever want something like the Legion legendaries back again.
    Never ever.

I liked legendaries, mostly because it was exciting getting one and they had some really interesting gameplay consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by blinzi View Post
    Anybody else?

I kind of liked the feeling when that golden dragon pop up appeared on my screen - it felt rewarding even though it was pure luck and rng based.

Yes, it was a burden chasing the one and only BiS legendary, but the feeling you finally got it was just so satisfying.

Also there is something very odd to me about azerite gear - i don't dig the traits at all and it feels like i don't even notice if i got them or not, so i don't feel the need to grind AP.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really feel like i am progressing at all, besides seeing higher numbers in damage and item level.

Getting a character to 120 is like completely redundant to me - nothing changes at all - i mean.... i feel like it would have been a nice opportunity for at least a new talent row.

What you guys think?
    Yes, I love this new wave of people saying that Legendaries are pretty good after all the legendary hate lmao.