Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

explain azerite armor design

currently wearing 310 ilvl azerite armor with 3rd trait unlocking at 16 HoA level
    and 295 ilvl in my bags with 2nd and 3rd trait unlocked at 16 and 21 HoA level

what the fuck is this?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    currently wearing 310 ilvl azerite armor with 3rd trait unlocking at 16 HoA level

what the fuck is this?
    Remember rental gear like artifact weapons that is only for one expansion?

Now you have azerite armor that is rental gear that lasts only a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Remember rental gear like artifact weapons that is only for one expansion?

Now you have azerite armor that is rental gear that lasts only a few weeks.
    It could go either way seeing as how they don't titanforge. Once you get one you want, you're set until the next round of content, or if you're mr gets all the drops you may change out for a small azerite trait upgrade or a ilvl difference.

what the fuck is this?
    Hello, we heard you wanted some RNG on your RNG.

Honestly, I have no idea. It seems kinda random.

what the fuck is this?
    The trait unlock levels seem pretty random, but i think they’re based on the original item, some items are based on quest rewards (So low itemlevel), and then scaled up as world quest rewards (To 300+ itemlevel), as a result they have lower Azerite trait unlock levels despite potentially having higher itemlevels than dungeon items, so because of differing base itemlevels, two items of the same itemlevel can have different trait unlock levels.

I hope that isn’t too muddled, or indeed completely incorrect, but that’s the method i can discern in the madness of Azerite trait unlock levels

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Well, its quite normal you have to update gear during progression.
    But the gear you gain as progression has no traits unlocked. You are basically regrinding the same traits over and over going in a circle. That isn't progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    But the gear you gain as progression has no traits unlocked. You are basically regrinding the same traits over and over going in a circle. That isn't progression.
    Exactly the same as relics in Legion. It's not a satisfying progression system when you gain 30 agility but have to grab a worse trait but it's still progression. It's not really any different than trading a haste/mastery ring for a 20 ilvl higher crit/vers (when haste/mastery are your good secondaries). If the armor had 0 stats then only talking about the traits would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Exactly the same as relics in Legion. It's not a satisfying progression system when you gain 30 agility but have to grab a worse trait but it's still progression. It's not really any different than trading a haste/mastery ring for a 20 ilvl higher crit/vers (when haste/mastery are your good secondaries). If the armor had 0 stats then only talking about the traits would make sense.
    You could instantly equip relics in Legoin. In BFA you have an upgrade sitting your bag until you can regrind the same traits with the appropriate amount of AP. That is 100% comedy hour right there ladies and gentlemen.

I have yet to come even close to completely unlocking an azerite item before replacing it with a better one.

This is a very poorly thought out and implemented system. To nobody's surprise.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

In case you didn't know traits are not random in any way. You can open your dungeon journel shift click the azerite armor and it will tell you the traits. There isn't any RNG about it. No Titan forging and no random traits. It will be extremely easy to target trait combinations with mythic plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    I have yet to come even close to completely unlocking an azerite item before replacing it with a better one.

This is a very poorly thought out and implemented system. To nobody's surprise.
    It also devalues the point of azerite armor as it should be powerful gear not something you can find left and right while weapon upgrades are super scarce.

It just feels weird that this "super powerful armor" is literally found everywhere and given out by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    It just feels weird that this "super powerful armor" is literally found everywhere and given out by everyone.
    Which makes me hopeful of azerite legos with the feel of legion legos.
    Removes the rng factor and gives it the "godly" feel.

The ring unlock makes no sense. I had 2 identical azerite chests on my shaman. Forgot where I got them (world quests most likely) but same name, same iLvL, same traits. One I could unlock fully once I got it. The other I could only unlock the outer ring and had to wait on the other two. Now that one makes no sense. I've since scrapped both or I'd go look to see if I could figure out which chest it was. I didn't much like Azerite gear in beta because it seemed boring but now on live, I really dislike it. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I agree. I find the system pointless and poorly thought out. I especially dislike it when switching specs because you have to get all new pieces if you want to unlock the added benefits.
    If you mean switching specs for good, it's a gold cost like old talent respecs to do it. If it's a common offspec, getting same piece multiple times or reforging replaced pieces should work (not ideal but neither is offspec usually).

Deleted
    Well, people have to put something to those slots, since no other kind of gear is available.

And you can trade it too soon enough! How exciting lol.

I usually champion Blizzard's new innovation.

But I will openly admit, I don't like the Azerite system. I'm currently 335 on my main. I love dungeons with my guildies, and WQs/rep kinda come second to that. That being said, I have 2 340 items that I can't unlock a single trait on. My neck is level 15, and both pieces require 16 for the first trait. Second traits don't unlock until, like 19.

It feels super bad to have an item that's higher ilevel, but only has Stam/Strength on it. Not even secondaries. And I can't use the first trait, even. By the time I'm able to put another trait in, I'll probably have a raid piece that will require an even higher level to unlock traits. This aspect of the system is indeed poorly thought out. Gear is rendered obsolete before it can be used even at 50% of its full power. I have yet to make it to the final trait on any Azerite piece, period. Is it me for not grinding the AP, or is the system? Do we need AP rewards from dungeons to be higher? Meh.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-08-28 at 09:59 PM.