Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Can't even quest with war mode off

Because war mode currently is utterly broken (dying to opposite faction all the time) I turned it off until Blizzard will do something. But even without war mode theres constant race about which faction gets the tag. Will this faction tag ever get fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Because war mode currently is utterly broken (dying to opposite faction all the time) I turned it off until Blizzard will do something. But even without war mode theres constant race about which faction gets the tag. Will this faction tag ever get fixed?
    Sounds like you have a "stop sucking" problem... or a "make a group" problem, not a "system is broken" problem.

Blizzard is trying to force everyone to use groupfinder addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Sounds like you have a "stop sucking" problem... or a "make a group" problem, not a "system is broken" problem.
    Thats not the point. It's about how Blizzard couldn't manage to remove faction tag in PvE mode.

Tag issues = it's an MMORPG, at the start of an expansion, there's going to be competition. I even compete with people of my own faction for tags in some areas.
    Mobs respawn faster with more people in the area, just move around and be proactive and questing is on rails without War Mode.

The only fix ever needed to faction tagging, was on world bosses and the new style of "rare". Regular mobs? Not so much.

It is annoying but far far less irritating than being killed repeatedly while questing. Blizzard will not change PvP working as intended in warmode. Mob tags have been in the game since vanilla so there is nothing to fix. It's all working as intended just drop aoe on the spawn point and try again. The minute respawn time isn't so bad.

imagine if you could fight for that tag

they should add such a mode, i'd call it.....war mode!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphrus View Post
    It is annoying but far far less irritating than being killed repeatedly while questing. Blizzard will not change PvP working as intended in warmode. Mob tags have been in the game since vanilla so there is nothing to fix. It's all working as intended just drop aoe on the spawn point and try again. The minute respawn time isn't so bad.
    After Legion launch you can tag the same target with 4 other non party players. Same rule should apply with another faction as well.

Deleted
    It's always been like that. But only on smaller mobs.

They should flag all of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Some classes are broken while some has no chance. What if you want to just do WQ? Most groups just do huge parties to raid the opposite faction. The system however is working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    Some classes are broken while some has no chance. What if you want to just do WQ? Most groups just do huge parties to raid the opposite faction. The system however is working as intended.
    There are LOADS of groups for each individual world quest, especially in war mode. If the OP cant be bothered to click a button and wait 3 seconds, thats hardly Blizzards fault. There are also groups made to do all the WQ in any given zone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Tag issues = it's an MMORPG, at the start of an expansion, there's going to be competition. I even compete with people of my own faction for tags in some areas.
    Mobs respawn faster with more people in the area, just move around and be proactive and questing is on rails without War Mode.

The only fix ever needed to faction tagging, was on world bosses and the new style of "rare". Regular mobs? Not so much.
    This has always seemed really bloody stupid to me.

Because war mode currently is utterly broken (dying to opposite faction all the time)
    How is this broken?
    Learn to group up and not run around by yourself? You realise we're at war right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Welcome to World PVP where people of the opposite faction can kill you.

Ether take the risk and turn it on or turn it off and quest safely.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    imagine if you could fight for that tag

they should add such a mode, i'd call it.....war mode!
    I smiled a little at this comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    This has always seemed really bloody stupid to me.
    I can't say that I suffer in any sense of the word from it.

Comes with the territory of playing a game populated by other people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

War mode is one of the best things to ever happen in WoW, it's everything PVP servers always wished they could be.

Sure, you might occasionally get steamrolled by one of those Alliance RP groups that are hunting horde in large groups in the name of their weird RP justice, but they're usually moving on by the time you get back to your corpse.

The system doesn't really work well with the world quest system. It seems to oddly shard big groups of opposing players away from each other while allowing a trickle to come through and get slaughtered. It almost feels like a tech issue more then a balance one with how sharding works.

Tag mobs faster?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had this problem, but I play with warmode on always because it's just more fun. Wait for the big group to leave with the rest of your faction sitting on the sidelines, then go in and pick off the stragglers.