Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Would have been too good to be true but then again, it wouldn't be in line with Blizzard's current design of fucking with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Would have been too good to be true but then again, it wouldn't be in line with Blizzard's current design of fucking with us.
    well if anything it contradicts their cash-grab policy... can't just race change to mag'har if you're alliance player.
    so idk... maybe this time it really is for lore reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Since the reputations are different, unlike in Legion, you gotta play the faction to get them.
    They were also different in Legion, this time however you don't have access to both of them under one faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Same reason I unlocked the Moose-Cows and Traitor-nightelves... to enjoy the scenario. Which were both better then the obnoxious light forged. And heck, maybe Ill level one... but unlikely.
    T'Paartos! Man I hope this guy shows up later... he was great
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    well if anything it contradicts their cash-grab policy... can't just race change to mag'har if you're alliance player.
    so idk... maybe this time it really is for lore reasons.
    Well, I meant needing the two separate exalted reputations to unlock two re-skins. I don't even think I'd pay $60 to change factions and back to unlock a re-skin, especially if it's as easy as people say and you get it like in 20 days. I just think the reputation should have been called War Campaign on both sides and you unlock both the re-skins.

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    They were also different in Legion, this time however you don't have access to both of them under one faction.
    Just as I said.

You cannot farm honorbound on alliance character. On Legion you could've hit exalted with all four reputations needed for allied races and then just do the scenario on the opposite faction.

I wonder if you gain exalted with Honorbound, create a Mag'har Orc and then faction change your exalted character to Alliance (so the equivalent reputation becomes 7th Legion) to unlock Dark Iron Dwarves - does that get around the double requirements after the unlocking quests are completed (and then presumably faction change back)? An expensive way, sure - but a thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Tankorr View Post
    I wonder if you gain exalted with Honorbound, create a Mag'har Orc and then faction change your exalted character to Alliance (so the equivalent reputation becomes 7th Legion) to unlock Dark Iron Dwarves - does that get around the double requirements after the unlocking quests are completed (and then presumably faction change back)? An expensive way, sure - but a thought?
    well interesting indeed, but shit solution to a problem

Do the dwarf quest

Get the Achievement

Transfer to Horde

Rep comes with you

Unlock Orcs

Easy.

Since the reputations are different, unlike in Legion, you gotta play the faction to get them.
    Not true the achievement for exalted with Honorbound should be mirrored to alliance characters with the achievement for exalted with 7th legion. You still need to have a lvl 120 character to do the dark iron dwarf intro scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You still cannot create them so does it really matter yet? lol
    You can if you hit exalted with Honorbound and do the scenario

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you faction change to get the other rep?

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Not true the achievement for exalted with Honorbound should be mirrored to alliance characters with the achievement for exalted with 7th legion. You still need to have a lvl 120 character to do the dark iron dwarf intro scenario.
    Except it's not. Maybe if you transfer the character, you get the achievement but you strictly need exalted with that faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I guess Zandalari and Kul Tirans will follow the same path. Sigh... my altoholism is either going to die or help me through this boredom fuckfest.
    Can we assume those will be the Proudmoore Admirality and zandalari reps, respectively? Is that confirmed yet?

On topic, yeah I'm grumbling but I'm glad to know this at least. After all you don't need to grind both if you only want to play one of the races.

I wish the achievement would say be exalted with 7th legion or honorbound and do the story for horde to unlock maghar, or alliance to unlock dark iron. The story part is whatever but the rep part is a pain.

If I farm 7th Legion rep I unlock new dorfs, but doesn't count towards unlocking mag'har?
    Or does it? :P
    I wonder why I can't play the ALLIANCE RACE because I leveled Reputation with a HORDE FACTION

semicolon thinking semicolon

dude... Italy?
    They paid for a faction transfer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Can we assume those will be the Proudmoore Admirality and zandalari reps, respectively? Is that confirmed yet?

On topic, yeah I'm grumbling but I'm glad to know this at least. After all you don't need to grind both if you only want to play one of the races.
    it's either that,or a new rep,I can't see it being anything else

wow this is crap... well farming two reps to exalted isn't a problem by itself... but I must have both - Ally and Horde max level - this is shit.

- - - Updated - - -

well then I guess - Alliance forever.
    You can't unlock nightborne on alliance or void elf on horde, you can earn the corresponding reputation but not the races, still need to log in and do the horde/alliance quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    wow more timegating to play something i allrdy paid for......
    You pay for access to the servers.

There's never been a time in this game where players were guaranteed the rewards from an expansion simply because they purchased access to it. Not before, not now.

I'm pretty miffed by it myself, but it is what it is. They'll either change it through feedback (constructive!) or they 100% feel that we should do both sides to unlock both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst part is not that it's a lot of work.
    I can deal with that.

It's that in order to to this, you have a maximum amount of (the same) quests.
    Which you pretty much have to do every day.

This dailies-grind-routine is the most boring mechanic ever in any game i have played.

Not only is it boring, it also tells you what to do with your playtime.
    And that "what" is the same thing you've done 50 more times.

Like i said, i dont mind putting in the work.
    Give us a tabard, and allow us to bust our arses and work for it, just by doing what we want at any moment.
    Which immediately makes it not-boring.

Dungeons? raids? BGs? islands? Whatever you choose to do, it is WORK. It's just not the exact same routine every day.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-08-29 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's strange. What happen if you get 7th Legion on exalted -> unlock DI -> change your main to Horde?
    Just did it a couple hours ago, I was able to start the Mag'har scenario as soon as logged in.