Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'm not sure you understand how Kickstarter works...
    I understand fully, I think you're the retard lol... you know how many f2p games began on kickstarter? DERP DE DERP HURRHURR

Part of me wants to read this because it sounds legitimately interesting, and another part of me thinks I will get enraged at how far WoW has fallen from its classic RPG roots.

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter how you look at this, it is a part of gaming history. And as such it should be backed. I quite honestly couldn't give a flying horse ass about the mechanics behind World of Warcraft or long days coding C++ (or whatever language they used), but I shall back this up and I shall read it. It's part of gaming culture and history. And WoW is a major player. Hell yes, bring it on!

Deleted
    That dev forgot to say they had to fight a pack of wolves too...

..i hope people aren't stupid enough to believe a thing he says n give him money.

Seems to be very cool... but does he have any rights to talk about these things or use WoW pictures/logos?
    Also, how the fk do he know it will be 95k words if he is still writing it? Do not wanna be offensive but it looks like he just wants free money for something that is already done. He will probably get like 0,5mil at the end if after 3 days it is already 130k.
    Anyway i would like to check it but i want more people from Blizzard to show their perspective too.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2018-08-29 at 06:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Seems to be very cool... but does he have any rights to talk about these things or use WoW pictures/logos?
    Also, how the fk do he know it will be 95k words if he is still writing it? Do not wanna be offensive but it looks like he just wants free money for something that is already done. He will probably get like 0,5mil at the end if after 3 days it is already 130k.
    Anyway i would like to check it but i want more people from Blizzard to show their perspective too.
    Yeah, in the Kickstarter description he says it's all been okayed by Blizzard, so I'm also pretty sure he's finished writing it. It's a Kickstarter for the purpose of funding the printing and distribution costs.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf26 View Post
    So does anyone else detest "behind the scenes" stuff? I feel like if I read it I couldn't play the game without adding in thoughts about the wizard behind the curtain and I'd take it a lot less seriously. I know it's weird, and I'll also say it sounds cool and I'd support it otherwise.

I'm one of those people that even now, won't watch "making of Jurassic Park" stuff because I don't want to be thinking about the puppets and models while watching the movie.

Nope, I LOVE "making ofs" and outtakes stuff. I find it incredibly interesting to see how things were made.

I'm a developer myself so this will be super fascinating to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    That dev forgot to say they had to fight a pack of wolves too...

..i hope people aren't stupid enough to believe a thing he says n give him money.
    Whoa - Why the super cynical attitude? Not everything in the world is "fake news"

I think this is an amazing project, I have no reason to believe he would make it all up - surely that's harder than writing about what really happened - and he's got over 100k already so yeah...

This sounds great. So much knowledge that has gone into WoW should not be lost.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is great, but the digital cost is WAY too high. Indie authors sell their books for anywhere from $0.99 (on sales of first in series) on up to $4.99 or more but never anywhere near $30, no matter how long it is.

I get that we're supporting his time spent making it, yadda yadda, but I think they should have just made the digital-only copy far less and left the higher price items with more addons or goodies.

Also, distribution of the digital version is super simple (epub or PDF, doesn't matter) and not expensive.

I can't justify spending $30 on this, but maybe when it's "out" it'll make its way to Amazon and be a much more reasonable price for the digital-only version.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I understand fully, I think you're the retard lol... you know how many f2p games began on kickstarter? DERP DE DERP HURRHURR
    In what universe is a f2p game and a book even remotely the same?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Getting a loan to get it off the ground shouldn't be hard. Suspicious of the dude and the banks in his area. Have they never heard of wows millions of rabid fans? Interesting nonetheless but I never liked the idea of kickstarters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Levaustian View Post
    Physical one has $31 shipping.
    Yeah i just created a kickstarter account to bake that 40$ Version, but 31$ for shipping (Germany here) is a complete joke and than you can read something like "20% less than the amazon version". Cant wait for my free prime shipping 48$ Version from amazon now.