Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wonder if she repaid those six coppers from that merchant on shadowmoon valley

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would laugh my ass off if Garrosh Lightbringer will turn out to be Grommash/Yrel son who preferred to live in mom's basement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I would laugh my ass off if Garrosh Lightbringer will turn out to be Grommash/Yrel son who preferred to live in mom's basement.
    and then Saurfang find him and tell him about his father glory death, then he become new warchife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincell View Post
    Sure, maybe. But Blizzard is very much making it clear that the Light is not "pure good" anymore than the Void is "pure evil." They have decided that's the story they wanted to tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Also friend:

No u
    The VOID is EVIL, the manipulation is for it to get you to think its not EVIL. Half truths are still whole lies. The light does not do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    The VOID is EVIL, the manipulation is for it to get you to think its not EVIL. Half truths are still whole lies. The light does not do this.
    Apparently the Light settles on one overriding truth, which its adherents will then force you to uphold whether you believe it or not - exchanging deceit for tyranny. Neither the Void nor the Light really sounds like a great bargain to be honest.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    From the sounds of things, I seriously hope this psychotic fanatic of the light Yrel get's some kind of comeuppance - in no alternate reality is the forced choice between religion or death in any way acceptable, to hell with the long term outcome. Free will trumps all when it comes to life or death and when you remove that choice you become a dictator and an executioner and, above all, the absolute antithesis of the very "Good" you are supposed to represent. In a perfect world Yrel will be subjected to the same "our way or die" by some of the people she has crusaded and oppressed into extinction - then we will see what she is truly made of.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is the bit that stuck out to me:

Grommash Hellscream: It has been many years since I set eyes upon a green-skinned orc. And this one at your side is... familiar.
    Are you ****ing kidding me? Familiar? I was standing alongside you and Yrel when we killed Archimonde and saved your world lol.

Seriously the fact he barely acknowledges the PC and talks with Eitrigg who he has never met is the biggest continuity fart in this games 14 year history. Please tell me Blizzard haven't retconned our involvement in WoD? O.o

And before anyone asks, yes it is normal for inter-expansion events to carry over and be referenced I.E Tirion, Khadgar, Admiral Taylor, etc etc all referencing the stuff you have done with them previously.

Having Grom speak to us properly would add sooooo much more to this scene, hopefully when we (eventually) fight Yrel/Garrosh to free Draenor (again) she will remember us /sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    This is the bit that stuck out to me:

Are you ****ing kidding me? Familiar? I was standing alongside you and Yrel when we killed Archimonde and saved your world lol.

Seriously the fact he barely acknowledges the PC and talks with Eitrigg who he has never met is the biggest continuity fart in this games 14 year history. Please tell me Blizzard haven't retconned our involvement in WoD? O.o

And before anyone asks, yes it is normal for inter-expansion events to carry over and be referenced I.E Tirion, Khadgar, Admiral Taylor, etc etc all referencing the stuff you have done with them previously.

Having Grom speak to us properly would add sooooo much more to this scene, hopefully when we (eventually) fight Yrel/Garrosh to free Draenor (again) she will remember us /sigh.
    Relative to Grommash at the time, it was 30+ years ago and he's gotten a bit older. Also, the event has to be coded for people who may not have done WoD and therefore never raided or completed HFC. Perhaps a small "nod" for people with the achievement might've been nice, but I don't consider it a dealbreaker as it were.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Overall, when you gauge things out and have to pick between the void or the light, being a moderate user/wielder of the light is the best choice. Not too fanatical, but still able to harness its powers which won't continously try to turn you into a tentacle and which can be used for restoration and healing. The void on the other hand is corrupting across the board and the wielders literally need to forever fight voices in their heads in order to remain sane; what you gain return however seems to be greater power overall. I guess it's a fair trade when one has to struggle more to get more power.

Lightforged orcs are a concept I'm not really happy with, primarily because it is easier to understand fanatically faithful draenei, rather than orcs. Orcs have a much bigger history with the void through the Shadowmoon clan. The fact that it is AU Garrosh out of all... makes it even worse in my opinion. And when did Grom get to have an AU Garrosh? He found out that the orc that made him create the Iron Horde is his son, so he went ahead and had that very same son again?
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-08-29 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Apparently the Light settles on one overriding truth, which its adherents will then force you to uphold whether you believe it or not - exchanging deceit for tyranny. Neither the Void nor the Light really sounds like a great bargain to be honest.
    I agree but, if given the choice I would still chose light over the Void. The Void drives ppl crazy. The Light gives peace and a calm mind. In the End Valeria will go mad and succumb to the voices of the void. Probably go ape shit crazy and kill us all. BFA end boss. Void Lord Valeria.

Deleted
    I agree but, if given the choice I would still chose light over the Void. The Void drives ppl crazy. The Light gives peace and a calm mind. In the End Valeria will go mad and succumb to the voices of the void. Probably go ape shit crazy and kill us all. BFA end boss. Void Lord Valeria.
    The Light evidently drives people just as crazy if it makes them believe that enlightenment through oppression and threats of death is of any better.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Light sees one path and thinks that is the only way and forces

The Void sees many paths and manipulates to the one it wants

There is no doubt whatsoever that at large, Light = Good and Void = Evil. But Blizzard's writers have absolutely been pushing the idea that neither is PURE good/evil.

May I ask what happened to the other Orc clans... since seemingly all left are Frostwolf, Blackrock and Warsong. Were Laughing Skull, Bleeding Hollow, Thunderlords, Shattered Hand and Shadowmoon culled by the Dranei? We do for example also not get the white skinned Shattered Hand as a playable character. Such a shame, I really liked the Shattered Hand and the Laughing Skull clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    [...]make Draenor whole again.
    I've seen enough to know where this is going.

Lightbound Garrosh? Talk about our Garrosh being the worst and a waste...

Quote Originally Posted by Vincell View Post
    The Light sees one path and thinks that is the only way and forces

The Void sees many paths and manipulates to the one it wants

There is no doubt whatsoever that at large, Light = Good and Void = Evil. But Blizzard's writers have absolutely been pushing the idea that neither is PURE good/evil.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aEH2v4_b4E

7+ Year Old Account
    so

jut normal orc with a rune in the forehead

uau

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    so

jut normal orc with a rune in the forehead

uau
    never pay attention to the color of the eyes of the orcs the gold is common in them?

never pay attention to the color of the eyes of the orcs the gold is common in them?
    They wouldn't make a new model just for one quest, and a special eye-effect applied to the NPC wouldn't be visible on WoWhead.