Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    You pay for access to the servers.

There's never been a time in this game where players were guaranteed the rewards from an expansion simply because they purchased access to it. Not before, not now.

I'm pretty miffed by it myself, but it is what it is. They'll either change it through feedback (constructive!) or they 100% feel that we should do both sides to unlock both sides.
    i bought Wotlk Got DK at start like promised i bought mop got panda monk at start like promised i bought legion got DH at start like promised soooo.... YA just more time gating....

5+ Year Old Account
    They are not rep locked, they are achievement locked. That's why unlocking say LF and VE as an Alliance but with a Horde as exalted in those factions was possible. In BfA's case, Honourbound and 7th Legion are two different reps.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    i bought Wotlk Got DK at start like promised i bought mop got panda monk at start like promised i bought legion got DH at start like promised soooo.... YA just more time gating....
    Still doesn't change the fact that you pay for access to the servers, nothing more.

And Allied races have a different approach than the regular races did, gotta recruit them (and you can start meeting requirements asap). Classes are a bit different, although paying for an expansion doesn't exactly guarantee that you'll be playing the class in any real sense of the word either. I didn't create DK's, Monks and Demon Hunters until many many months had passed from release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    wow this is crap... well farming two reps to exalted isn't a problem by itself... but I must have both - Ally and Horde max level - this is shit.

- - - Updated - - -

well then I guess - Alliance forever.

I don't know if this would work but maybe if you faction change your alliance character with exhalted 7th legion rep it would swap that over to honorbound and you could unlock them then swap back. Though that's like what, 60 dollars for two faction changes?

well interesting indeed, but shit solution to a problem
    Except its not a problem. If you want horde allied races, grind horde rep and have a 120 horde character.

If you want alliance allied races, grind alliance rep and have a 120 alliance character.

Its only a problem for the people who want all of the rewards for doing half the work.

- - - Updated - - -

You only got DH "as promised" because you already met the requirements for making a DH.

You weren't promised the ability to create maghar or DI dwarves at launch of bfa. You were promised the ability to start unlocking those allied races. Blizzard delivered on that promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Since the reputations are different, unlike in Legion, you gotta play the faction to get them.
    The upside is the honor bound and the 7th legion are by far the easiest reps to level given the other factions island everything there gives that rep it is not a huge deal. You need to do that factions war campaign as well and doing the rep unlock that for you as well.

You could always make an orc, then faction change, make a dark iron dwarf. Easy.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow more timegating to play something i allrdy paid for......
    Not really, you didn´t. Ofc it sucks having to do it all over, but you know, Warcraft lore must have a weight. You can´t just switch freely without a burden... be happy that, in fact, it takes 1 minute to have a 120 opposite faction, bringing all your achievements and things along with him. You just pay a bit of real life money... Years ago re rolling meant having to start all over from 0.

- - - Updated - - -

Question tho.

Exalted with 7th Legion, have the "Ready for war" achievement (completed the war campaign).
    If I switch an alliance for Horde 120 lvl.. can I then go ahead and start the Orc quests to unlock them?

Or do you really have to do the whole war campaign all over again as a Horde character?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you realized what you said? You are talking about classes, not races.
    Classes a a major thing, so of course you have them right away.

Races tho, they are a major lore thing, but that´s it. No game effect, not as much as a new class. So of course you can not just be able to have them.
    And anyway, requirements are nearly nothing, you get them by simply playing. If you don´t then you might be in the wrong game :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    You could always make an orc, then faction change, make a dark iron dwarf. Easy.
    True, but you skip the whole experience.

disappointe$ with this as well .. have started grinding a bit on my horde but it doesn’t feel the same since it’s not on my main

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Question tho.

Exalted with 7th Legion, have the "Ready for war" achievement (completed the war campaign).
    If I switch an alliance for Horde 120 lvl.. can I then go ahead and start the Orc quests to unlock them?

Or do you really have to do the whole war campaign all over again as a Horde character?.
    You have to do your war campaign again with your respective faction:

If you Faction Change your Honorbound or 7th Legion reputation will convert into the opposite faction equivalent.

Keep in mind, however, that faction-specific quests and achievements won't be converted to their counterpart in the new faction. As a result, you will be required to complete the War Campaign in the new faction.

Hope this helps. ?
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-40

wow more timegating to play something i allrdy paid for......
    You never paid for the unlocking of the allied race. You paid for the ability to unlock it. Stop complaining about non-issues please.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is this even a question? Why would you unlock Maghar Orcs by doing 7th Legion? They are not even remotely the same thing. Like, why would you get a Stormwind Tabard for getting rep with Orgrimmar? It makes no sense.

If I farm 7th Legion rep I unlock new dorfs, but doesn't count towards unlocking mag'har?
    Or does it? :P
    Unfortunatley it does work but only if you use your wallet.