Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You are citing the only reason we are even talking about this: Blizzard posting that they are "aware" of the exploit and "working on a fix". This was posted by a CM. CMs regularly post nonsense. So - "Blizzard doesn't admit fault easily" - yes, they do, the CM spoke too soon.
    No they don't. You're just going tin foil hat mode. Their CMs do not get to post freely like you think. Did they ever admit to the cata epic gem dupe? No. Did they ever admit to the void storage mat dupe? Nope. Did they ever admit to the TCG repeat turn in dupe? Nah. What about the ICC legendary questline repeat turn in? Not even.

Are you seeing a pattern? They do not admit fault with these things when they can avoid it. They will even insist it never happened and wasn't real. The sheer fact that they made multiple posts about it proves that the CM got permission and retained it to keep posting on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

You are citing the only reason we are even talking about this: Blizzard posting that they are "aware" of the exploit and "working on a fix". This was posted by a CM. CMs regularly post nonsense. So - "Blizzard doesn't admit fault easily" - yes, they do, the CM spoke too soon.
    You're believing a random nobody based on literally nothing and there's rarely a worse folly than that. Also for those whom continuously post the idiotic "but...but, no character has been pointed at!" do you guys realize how many characters there are out there and how LITTLE people percentage wise cheat? You can name any other exploit that's legit happened in the past and finding those people without them admitting it is like finding a specific needle in a haystack of needles. It's legitimately the dumbest attempt at evidence I've ever heard in my life.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    No they don't. You're just going tin foil hat mode. Their CMs do not get to post freely like you think. Did they ever admit to the cata epic gem dupe? No. Did they ever admit to the void storage mat dupe? Nope. Did they ever admit to the TCG repeat turn in dupe? Nah. What about the ICC legendary questline repeat turn in? Not even.

Are you seeing a pattern? They do not admit fault with these things when they can avoid it. They will even insist it never happened and wasn't real. The sheer fact that they made multiple posts about it proves that the CM got permission and retained it to keep posting on it.
    Sigh.

Please post the instructions for the exploit, the source and proof that it ever worked for anyone at all.

People checked most geared characters seen on trackers - all legit, just lots of BOEs from the AH. People checked first folk getting or approaching allied races - all legit. Etc.

I asked multiple people assuring that the exploit is real to link anything at all specific about it. Nobody linked anything so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    You're believing a random nobody based on literally nothing and there's rarely a worse folly than that. Also for those whom continuously post the idiotic "but...but, no character has been pointed at!" do you guys realize how many characters there are out there and how LITTLE people percentage wise cheat? You can name any other exploit that's legit happened in the past and finding those people without them admitting it is like finding a specific needle in a haystack of needles. It's legitimately the dumbest attempt at evidence I've ever heard in my life.
    I am believing the original author of the post on the exploit who proved that he is the original author. He says that this is a fake and everything he says lines up. I am believing my eyes which see 99% of the posts right under the instructions for the exploit saying "I cannot do this, OP, what I am doing wrong" and getting inevitable replies - from others - "must have been fixed already, but it was working before I swear". Etc.

Sigh.

Please post the instructions for the exploit, the source and proof that it ever worked for anyone at all.

People checked most geared characters seen on trackers - all legit, just lots of BOEs from the AH. People checked first folk getting or approaching allied races - all legit. Etc.

I asked multiple people assuring that the exploit is real to link anything at all specific about it. Nobody linked anything so far.
    Nope. Posting instructions would get me banned on here. There is also proof in the OP of people reporting being banned now. You just don't want to believe it. No matter what I post, you wouldn't believe it.

Refute my point. When has Blizzard EVER admitted to a dupe that has existed before?
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    wut? blizzard is second only to riot when it comes to refusing to admit they were wrong.
    The CM wanted to convey the message that they care and either posted too hastily or mixed things up (ie, the devs said to him "yeah, we'll check, tell them we are on it" and he posted "we are working on a fix" while he should have posted "we are investigating").

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Posting instructions would get me banned on here. There is also proof in the OP of people reporting being banned now. You just don't want to believe it. No matter what I post, you wouldn't believe it.

Refute my point. When has Blizzard EVER admitted to a dupe that has existed before?
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. PM me your instructions if you are so afraid to post in public. Where is proof of people being banned *for the exploit*?

It's you who don't want to believe that you have been duped by a single phrase of a Blizzard CM.

Regarding your last sentence, see my reply to ToxicFlame above (in this post).

The CM wanted to convey the message that they care and either posted too hastily or mixed things up (ie, the devs said to him "yeah, we'll check, tell them we are on it" and he posted "we are working on a fix" while he should have posted "we are investigating").
    that isn't admitting anything

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I didn't do it myself, but perma ban seems excessive. 3-6 months sounds like it would be more than adequate for the 'crime', as well as rolling back any rep or gold they would've gotten.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    So checking in, Page 11.

Still no proof that this was real? Legit question, as I'm not reading through all of these pages. I know about the Blue Post, referring player sources.
    I think at this stage it's safe to accept that it was, indeed, a hoax.

The blue post, of course, didn't really help. Even though, if you read it carefully, it doesn't actually support the hoax, if you read it with the assumption that the hoax was real, it can look like it does. I'd say it's also likely that Ythisens made the post on the assumption that the hoax was real. Knowing now that it was a hoax, my take on his comment is that reports of the hoax had been passed on to the devs and had it been verified as being legit, those players would have received account actions.

But jumping up and down and pointing at how easily people were fooled is, IMO, pretty stupid. Think of the Boy who cried Wolf....

that isn't admitting anything
    Well, if your point is that people are reading too much into what the CM said, maybe that's the case, but he said "working on a fix", that was a bit tempting.

Sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

I am believing the original author of the exploit who proved that he is the original author.
    I've never heard a better definition of literally nothing other than what you've just posted there. Cmon man, you're smarter than this. Look at how many legit exploits in the past they've flat out ignored, look at the history of how many mistakes they've made where they barely admit fault until long after it's far too late to fix anything and look at basically how god damn stubborn they are and they've gone out of their way to address it. These guys NEVER do that unless they're sure they've fucked up badly. That alone should tell you something. And that something shouldn't be "that they're easily fooled by a random dude on the internet"
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    It would be fun if Blizz created a graveyard somewhere in-game with graves for each banned account.
    No character names or anything, unmarked except for a single, snarky line like "They went fishing for gear, turns out they were the fish".

Yeah, yeah, yeah. PM me your instructions if you are so afraid to post in public. Where is proof of people being banned *for the exploit*?

It's you who don't want to believe that you have been duped by a single phrase of a Blizzard CM.

Regarding your last sentence, see my reply to ToxicFlame above (in this post).
    You have proof in the OP and im not sending instructions. Not my fault you cant and wont refute my point. You have all the proof you need

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    no one would charge you with "exploiting a bug". The offence is stealing.
    Clearly stated in the TOS of blizzard, "exploiting a bug is bannable" so here you go, they warned you before you login the game.

Last edited by Teaon; 2018-08-29 at 02:29 PM.

You have proof in the OP and im not sending instructions. Not my fault you cant and wont refute my point. You have all the proof you need
    What proof is in the OP? You aren't sending the instructions, fine, I get it. That's because you don't have them. But what proof is in the OP? Please be specific.

You were duped.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Clearly stated in the TOS of blizzard, "exploiting a bug is bannable" so here you go, they warned you before you login the game.
    .... never argued it isn't in the TOS.... but hey reading is hard so let's try again
    oh so a ToS can't be bad now?
    imagine sitting in a test, and finding a loophole in how a question is worded allowing you to answer that question really simply. Then imagine failing the test because the teacher calls it cheating when he found out even though a) he worded it poorly and b) the rest of the test was right so even not getting any points would have ment passing the test. Notice how BS that would be?
    same thing

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...reddit-android

I for one welcome this heavy hammer. Not all of the exploiters were given permanent account vacation's, but it appears that the extreme violators won't be corrupting our good christian MMO.

At some point, you would think people might accidentally learn that exploits get caught and people get punished. The fact that blizzard is having to ramp up the punishments shows me that they not only care about the integrity of the game, but that they also understand that sometimes you have to put foot to ass for people to see that somethings are wrong.

For the uninitiated, there was an exploit in certain WQ types that allowed for essentially repeated completion of the same quest over and over. This provided rep, gold, items (including WF/TF) and thus also allowed an unfair accumulation of material that could be and was sold on the AH. It had far reaching effects in the game. The exploit has been hotfixed, and I will not post the conditions of the exploit as it is against rules and ToS (also just in bad taste).

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    The excuses are just pure Gold.

What proof is in the OP? You aren't sending the instructions, fine, I get it. That's because you don't have them. But what proof is in the OP? Please be specific.

You were duped.
    You can't click a link? Most of the reddit posts are being deleted. That original post of a guy complaining was posted before the guy claiming it was a fake even posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I've never heard a better definition of literally nothing other than what you've just posted there. Cmon man, you're smarter than this. Look at how many legit exploits in the past they've flat out ignored, look at the history of how many mistakes they've made where they barely admit fault until long after it's far too late to fix anything and look at basically how god damn stubborn they are and they've gone out of their way to address it. These guys NEVER do that unless they're sure they've fucked up badly. That alone should tell you something. And that something shouldn't be "that they're easily fooled by a random dude on the internet"
    I am not saying Blizzard are eager to say "we screwed up! lololol! but it's all good, we will fix it". But in this particular case it was just CM mistalking. I will say again, CMs regularly end up saying nonsense - sometimes because they don't understand the subject well enough, sometimes because they overreach with personal angles, and sometimes they are simply thrown under the bus by the devs.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't click a link? Most of the reddit posts are being deleted. That original post of a guy complaining was posted before the guy claiming it was a fake even posted.
    Where in the link is proof of anything? Again, I ask you to be specific. Please don't direct me to a YT video that has been deleted.

If you want to restore the text of deleted reddit posts, use removeddit instead of reddit as a domain name.

There is 1 random guy saying he is perma banned, 1 random guy saying he is banned for 3 days, TONS of guys saying that they can not reproduce the "exploit" and then there is the guy who started all this saying it never worked and was all fake.

Mhm.... Not a single account got something that would support that there was indeed an exploit going on. Not a single screenshot/video of someone exploiting excist. Not a single evidence exists that someone was banned for this.

You my friend got trolled.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    .... never argued it isn't in the TOS.... but hey reading is hard so let's try again

imagine sitting in a test, and finding a loophole in how a question is worded allowing you to answer that question really simply. Then imagine failing the test because the teacher calls it cheating when he found out even though a) he worded it poorly and b) the rest of the test was right so even not getting any points would have ment passing the test. Notice how BS that would be?
    nice imaginary scenario, which is not even close to being same as the bug thing, but this dude bingoed, so i quote him

Quote Originally Posted by Lacruiser View Post
    Thats just a horrid example, a more fitting one would be "as the teacher exited, you noticed he accidentally dropped the answer sheet so you took it and aced the test with it"

Obviously he didnt intend to provide the answer sheet, and you are in the wrong for using it.