Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good. Other players will think twice for the future bug abuses.

You all are fools.

Why would you believe this Eu forum guy after he told you not to believe everything you read on the internet.

Remember his words:

Are We Gullible and Susceptible to Lies and Propaganda?

Do people sometimes confuse fiction for fact? Yes.
    Do they sometimes confuse fantasy or myth for fact? Yes
    Do governments lie to their citizens and others? Yes, of course.
    Does all this lead to undesirable consequences? Yes.
    Would a healthy does of skepticism and critical thought help to remedy the situations? Probably.
    Fools.

THINK FOR ONE SECOND. This is a master troll at work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Can you post the description of the exploit from these sites? Either link relevant threads or post screens or, better yet, since you say the exploit was reported to Blizzard, just link those reports - they were on the official beta forums, right?

I am not saying that you are lying or are wrong, but there is absolutely a fake, so let's determine what we are looking at - a fake (possibly based on the prototype exploit that was fixed before live) or two different exploits, one real and one fake, or something else.

What exploit community you are talking about, just in case - the one on OC? If so, check the thread describing the exploit again.
    Honestly, I'm past the point of caring with this thread, I was just posting to point out that a sizable chunk of people were aware about the possibility of WQ exploiting in July. I feel no need to validation by you by providing "proof", nor do I feel a need to seek out examples. I doubt anyway, quite honestly, that anything I could possibly provide would be sufficient given your viewpoint. If you don't believe me, or think I'm a liar, that's absolutely fine with me. Carry on.

If, instead you'd be bothered go to a number of exploit community Discords, and join the appropriate community sites and Patreon Groups, and actually bother speaking to the users there they'll tell you that a major WQ bug was known in that community from July and Blizzard was notified (again, the exploit community usually do an outstanding job in actually notifying Blizzard of major bugs in their game).

They'd probably also tell you that there's a wide range of bugs also out there, and hopefully open your eyes a bit to the sheer number of hacks and exploits there is in the game. Most are minor, fun or simply have bragging rights. Others, like the repeatable WQ exploit, are so damaging that everyone who loves the game wants them patched/hotfixed asap.
    Last edited by mmocb687a72763; 2018-08-29 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladane View Post
    Honestly, I'm past the point of caring with this thread, I was just posting to point out that a sizable chunk of people were aware about possibility of WQ exploiting in July. I I feel no need to validation by you by providing "proof", nor do I feel a need to seek out examples. I doubt anyway, quite honestly, that anything I could possibly provide would be sufficient given your viewpoint. If you don't believe me, or think I'm a liar, that's absolutely fine with me. Carry on.

If, instead you'd be bothered go to a number of exploit community Discords, and join the appropriate community sites and Patreon Groups, and actually bother speaking to the users there they'll tell you that a major WQ bug was known in that community from July and Blizzard was notified (again, the exploit community usually do an outstanding job in actually notifying Blizzard of major bugs in their game).

They'd probably also tell you that there's a wide range of bugs also out there, and hopefully open your eyes a bit to the sheer number of hacks and exploits there is in the game. Most are minor, fun or simply have bragging rights. Others, like the repeatable WQ exploit, are so damaging that everyone who loves the game wants them patched/hotfixed asap.
    Sigh.

Every time it is this.

Was I not polite enough in my post to you? Did I say you are lying or something? No.

Why are you saying that there is nothing that could convince me? There are tons of things that can convince me. I was wrong a couple of times on various things before on these forums and I always acknowledged that, you can ask others.

You know, I get a sense that this "I am too offended to post anything" thing is not genuine.

The bug is supposedly so widely discussed but you won't post anything because reasons. OK.

And, just by the way, I do not doubt that bugs with WQs existed. Hell, if I were building a fake, I'd use something real as a base. It just looks like what was reported was actually fixed before live. This particular time. And it seems to me that you realize that this might be the case and realize you don't really know whether the bug actually went live and that's the reason you are getting all vague and defensive.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-08-29 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchas View Post
    Seems people are nothing but sheep
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17622633626

and the guy who faked the ownedcore WQ Exploit. Baited every player and Game Master.
    His post does not prove anything though. Why doesn't he just tell his main's name (or better: set his main on the Forums as the poster) then, so that we can see if he really has the factions on exalted or not.

And you can't bait Game Masters. (maybe CM's tho since they're just 'social media' guys)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-08-29 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    His post does not prove anything though. Why doesn't he just tell his main's name (or better: set his main on the Forums as the poster) then, so that we can see if he really has the factions on exalted or not.

And you can't bait Game Masters, CM's like that.
    This is his main account 15k achvm points. He posted proof that he is the one who started the thread. And yes indeed he is NOT exalted with any of the bfa reps(these are accountwide achvm - he got none of them).

And yeah blueposters are nothing - they know nothing and all they do is showing presence by answering forum threads like "what's your favorite mount?".

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    nice imaginary scenario, which is not even close to being same as the bug thing, but this dude bingoed, so i quote him
    it isn't completely imaginary. same thing happend to a student in my class. except he got praised for finding the loophole. again both of you actually failed to explain why my scenario is so bad i'll quote myself
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    no it's not a bad example. it's a perfect 1 to 1 example. someone found an unforeseen loophole in a system created by the teacher(devs) and abused it then the teacher god mad about it and failed the student.

your example is quite bad, because he couldn't prove i saw the answers so i couldn't get punished for it.
    to add to that 2 questions: why was he leaving the kids taking the test unsupervised? why did he have the result sheet on him?
    even in that scenario the teacher is entirely to blame for making the mistake. It's not the students fault the teacher made a mistake. I mean what's the student gonna do? pretend he never saw the results and fail? can u honestly say you would do that?

And you can't bait Game Masters. (maybe CM's tho since they're just 'social media' guys)
    A CM (like Ythisens) isn't going to post something bug/exploit related unless he's given the go ahead to respond from his bosses. Mostly his job is just to engage, not give dev related updates (which is why there's devs that do that)

If this is true (people can claim anything) then it's great. I just expected Blizz to tap people's knuckles and not really GAF.

Achievements are account-wide, though. Even if he's not on his main the achievements for exalted should show up (assuming they weren't rolled back). I'm not defending him, just pointing out that his status (being exalted) should be easy enough to check.

See post 158 in the OC thread with the exploit. The OC author says that he is the guy who posted that this is a fake on the EU forums. And the kicker is, it does not matter whether he is telling the truth: if that's two guys, just call them "authors of the exploit" and they both say that it is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    This is his main account 15k achvm points. He posted proof that he is the one who started the thread. And yes indeed he is NOT exalted with any of the bfa reps(these are accountwide achvm - he got none of them).

And yeah blueposters are nothing - they know nothing and all they do is showing presence by answering forum threads like "what's your favorite mount?".
    I mean he should set his main character on the forum as the poster. On the pic you can see a Level 120 druid, horde in Vol'Dun. He's also in a non-nelf travel form.

On the Forums he's Posting with a Level 110 Night elf tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clexea View Post
    Achievements are account-wide, though. Even if he's not on his main the achievements for exalted should show up (assuming they weren't rolled back). I'm not defending him, just pointing out that his status (being exalted) should be easy enough to check.
    Ah yeah OK, that's true though...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    A CM (like Ythisens) isn't going to post something bug/exploit related unless he's given the go ahead to respond from his bosses. Mostly his job is just to engage, not give dev related updates (which is why there's devs that do that)
    Generally speaking you're right. However working as a CM can be sometimes a pain, since you have to react quickly, but the devs/gms whatever can't give you an answer right away... so maybe this is just some standard answer you can give to calm Things down a Little.

Or maybe there really was an exploit, I dunno. Definitely interesting Situation tho.

Srsly no idea what the truth is. Maybe this "exploiter" is seriously telling the truth or just somehow trying to save his ass.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    BLIZZARD NEVER PERMA BANS
    That's absolutely false.

My brother worked for Blizzard as a GM for seven years and he has told me first hand that it does happen. That being said, it's unlikely that abusing an exploit like this (not this exact one since it was hoax, but if one like this did exist) would result in a Perma-ban. This is the sort of thing that would result in 3 day account suspension and an account rollback. However people who have a record of previous penalties would suffer a heftier penalty, so it is still possible that an exploit like this could be the final straw which triggers a perma-ban.

Some things do result in perma-bans immediately. Harassment of other players is one of them. Being involved in a gold-selling operation is another. I actually received a what I believe to be permanent ban myself for the latter, but fortunately it was overturned because I wasn't actually guilty (I was using a VPN service to reduce latency, which triggered the automated detection systems that track gold seller activity). The exact wording of the title: "***Notice of Account Closure***" There was no duration of the account closure or any indication that it was anything other permanent (barring a successful appeal)

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    That's absolutely false.

My brother worked for Blizzard as a GM for seven years and he has told me first hand that it does happen. That being said, it's unlikely that abusing an exploit like this (not this exact one since it was hoax, but if one like this did exist) would result in a Perma-ban. This is the sort of thing that would result in 3 day account suspension and an account rollback. However people who have a record of previous penalties would suffer a heftier penalty, so it is still possible that an exploit like this could be the final straw which triggers a perma-ban.

Some things do result in perma-bans immediately. Harassment of other players is one of them. Being involved in a gold-selling operation is another. I actually received a what I believe to be permanent ban myself for the latter, but fortunately it was overturned because I wasn't actually guilty (I was using a VPN service to reduce latency, which triggered the automated detection systems that track gold seller activity). The exact wording of the title: "***Notice of Account Closure***" There was no duration of the account closure or any indication that it was anything other permanent (barring a successful appeal)
    I got an account closure for "account sharing", because I was logging in from different places in the military.... that was a fun one. But yea, they def do perma ban in some circumstances.

That's absolutely false.

Yeah most People who are active on ownedcore are involved into botting, hacking, RMT etc. so it wouldn't surprise that they can get permabanned for even small Things.

That's absolutely false.

The punchline to the hoax (if it's a hoax) is that the exploit being fake might not save him from a ban. I've been re-reading the ToS and just posting the exploit -- even if it didn't work -- and encouraging people to try it might still be enough that he's pretty well screwed. I don't know how that would affect people that tried it without the exploit working but the wording makes it sound like they're on the hook as well.

Why i always learn of these cool exploits after they get hotfixed, am not like going to abuse them since i find that grind boring but could have tried to do it once for the giggles

By the way, the author of the fake is this guy: Artemol.

See his posts in this very thread:

#22: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50023259
    #24: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50023269
    #29: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50023308
    #38: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50023367
    ...and, finally...
    #40: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50023392

...after which he got banned because someone got an issue with being called a trump supporter.

LOL i guess they didnt ban everyone.

Not all of them got banned. I have seen 1 or 2 dark iron dwarfs already in-game