Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Homeless Allied Races

I've heard a lot of people talk about Duskwood being a good home for night elves (which I disagree with, I don't think night elves should ever leave Kalimdor) but I actually think Duskwood could potentially serve as a better home for void elves or even Deadwind Pass, Swamp of Sorrows or even the Blasted Lands (maybe built off the ruins of Surwich).

All of those zones have a dark, ominous tone which fit the void elves a lot. Couple that with a change in architecture (I kind of like the idea of the whispers of the void influencing the culture of the velves) and that could help further a distinction between void elves and other blood elves. Telogrus Rift is...okay, but it doesn't seem like a home, more of a training ground.

Another allied race that probably needs a home are the lightforged, which probably would prefer to live on a planet with nature, water, etc than just a ship. I think if Azuremyst is ever updated, it would be nice to allow the Lightforged (and Broken/Krokul) to integrate into draenei society and basically transform Azuremyst into a Neo-Shattrath or Mac’Aree. Same really applies to mag’har, I think they would work better as an integrated part of 'regular’ orcish society than as a separate society as their own.

This is just my opinion though, what do you think about allied race settlements on Azeroth and potentially new homes for allied races without homes in the sense that Kul Tirans, Zandalari, Highmountain and Nightborne have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think the Alliance should take back Gilneas and offer some hospitality to the Night Elves.....but that wont happen because writing.

The allied races are nothing more than cannon fodder, we should definitely expand our graveyards though.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Another allied race that probably needs a home are the lightforged, which probably would prefer to live on a planet with nature, water, etc than just a ship. I think if Azuremyst is ever updated, it would be nice to allow the Lightforged (and Broken/Krokul) to integrate into draenei society and basically transform Azuremyst into a Neo-Shattrath or Mac’Aree. Same really applies to mag’har, I think they would work better as an integrated part of 'regular’ orcish society than as a separate society as their own.

This is just my opinion though, what do you think about allied race settlements on Azeroth and potentially new homes for allied races without homes in the sense that Kul Tirans, Zandalari, Highmountain and Nightborne have.
    I think the Lightforged should take back/save another world from the Burning Legion and use that as their headquarters.

Finishing them off/saving other worlds would be the perfect way to implement player housing as well as give these refugees a home.

Wow needs more side content that doesn't just become obsolete as soon as a new expansion comes and I think saving a world, either saving the local populace and having them become an allied race or helping a previous "homeless" race gain a new home, and then obtaining your own account instanced piece of land to build on would be a perfect piece of side content and would make the lackluster feel of the Argus stuff feel less shitty.

I mean when like 90% of the actual base playable races don't have home cities, I don't really see them putting in the effort to give any to their marketing gimmick-IMEAN allied races.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Telogrus Rift is much more than a refuge or a training ground, the knowledge that it contains will prove to be key in further comprehending the Void and its secrets, its dangers, and its potential. The Void Elves need to remain in Telogrus Rift, so that they may find that knowledge, and become more powerful.

The Rift is also the most secure racial hub in the game, since it exists in an enterly different dimension from Azeroth, and its only entrance is through a Void rift located at the heart of Stormwind City. Plus, even though it is a wasteland devoid of any life or resource, the portal that links it to Stormwind City will sustain the Void Elves with the much-needed resources (food, lumber, gold, etc.) that they need to endure and build their newfound war machine.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-08-28 at 09:12 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know that for a second i though about actually allied race of homeless.

Man would i love to play real murder hobo.

The thing is, both Lightforged and Void Elves have such small numbers that I think that it fits that they have these little areas to call home.
    Mag’har orcs are also literally homeless and that’s a part of their story. They were pushed out of their own world by a fanatical alien race. Finding home in Orgrimmar is just fitting for them.

Well most of them dont need anything fancy because most of the playerbase will spend their time between the "capitals" and doing wq, that is why blizzard isnt doing their style of "housing" aka the garrison and orden halls anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    When I think about races without homes, I tend not to think of most of the Allied Races as most of them do have homes near as I can tell. Highmountain and Nightborne are their respective zones in the Broken Isles. Dark Iron Dwarves have Shadowforge and the Grim Guzzler. I do see what you are saying on Lightforged and Void Elves, but I tend to disagree. The Vindicaar is similar to the Xenedar, which is more or less what the Army of the Light lived in throughout their Thousand Years War. Telogrus Rift is not just a training ground, it's a place to live and be as close to the Void as possible without fully being swallowed by it. The land is "stable", there are shops and whatnot...that seems perfect for Void Elves.

With that in mind though, let's just stretch out and figure out homes for each displaced race. In this, I'll include the Lightforged and Void Elves just for the sake of discussion and will put each race somewhere on their faction's continent. Aside from the Lightforged and Void Elves, I see the Alliance needing homes for the Night Elves, Worgen, and Gnomes. The Horde conversely needs homes for the Forsaken, Mag'har Orcs, and Goblins. So who goes where?

Alliance:
    - Worgen almost certainly are the easiest...give them back Gilneas. We just would need to add a way to clear out the plague infestation from the streets. It wouldn't be hard for Blizz to write some sort of scene to clean the place of Blight and give this land back to the Gilneans at long last.
    - Gnomes are the next easiest. Redo Operation Gnomeregan, only this time end it successfully and with a good cleanup crew. Change the dungeon instead into something where Thermaplugg or his child tries to break in and take it over. They then would wind up in Gnomeregan.
    - Night Elves are next. I know you've mentioned disagreeing with this idea as you like them in Kalimdor...but they've already been chased out. Sylvanas saw to that when she burned Teldrassil. Duskwood at least houses one of the remaining Great Trees which the Night Elves could build a civilization around. If not there, give them Tirisfal Glades and let their affinity for nature work to heal the land.
    - For Void Elves, I'm not so sure that Duskwood is even the best spot on the continent for them. Duskwood is filled with death, whereas they prefer Void. As we don't really have a great Void spot in the Eastern Kingdoms to my knowledge, the next best option is for them to take back a piece of their home which Alleria would feel a strong connection to...Windrunner Spire. This is a spot where they can connect to Telogrus as well, but they also would put a lot of pressure on the Blood Elves of Silvermoon just to the north.
    - If we're going to move the Lightforged off of the Vindicaar and onto steady land, we'll need somewhere very strong with the light. Light's Hope Chapel would be fitting, but that already has whatever remains of the Silver Hand Paladins there. But simply go about 100 paces east and you'll find an entire village from the Scarlet Crusade no longer in use, the Scarlet Enclave. The Lightforged could do wonders with that place. Plus, being right next to the ocean gives them a good spot to tie up and rest the Vindicaar (which you'd think would eventually need gas or something).

Horde:
    - Goblins have already more or less taken over the land of Azshara, so let's just fully finish giving them that land. Perhaps expand out Bilgewater Harbor as a full city or build a city-based area around Gallywix's Pleasure Palace.
    - Given the varied lands of AU Draenor, the Mag'har Orcs would seem to have no shortage of places on Kalimdor they can build a city. Expanding out and upgrading The Crossroads in the Barrens seems like a good fit for them, though we are somewhat crowding capital cities if we do that so close to Thunder Bluff and Orgrimmar. Otherwise, building out something in North Stonetalon/South Ashenvale might give a small Gorgrond-ish type feel.
    - The Forsaken are really the hardest to place here as there isn't a good land of death around Kalimdor. Darkshore and the Ruins of Teldrassil might be an interesting fit, building a new life out of the embers Sylvanas left. If you want to see Jaina go nuclear, you could have them take over the former Ruins of Theramore and build a new Undercity there. Or perhaps kick the Dwarves out of Bael Modan and build a strong Undercity within that complex.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    When I think about races without homes, I tend not to think of most of the Allied Races as most of them do have homes near as I can tell. Highmountain and Nightborne are their respective zones in the Broken Isles. Dark Iron Dwarves have Shadowforge and the Grim Guzzler. I do see what you are saying on Lightforged and Void Elves, but I tend to disagree. The Vindicaar is similar to the Xenedar, which is more or less what the Army of the Light lived in throughout their Thousand Years War. Telogrus Rift is not just a training ground, it's a place to live and be as close to the Void as possible without fully being swallowed by it. The land is "stable", there are shops and whatnot...that seems perfect for Void Elves.

With that in mind though, let's just stretch out and figure out homes for each displaced race. In this, I'll include the Lightforged and Void Elves just for the sake of discussion and will put each race somewhere on their faction's continent. Aside from the Lightforged and Void Elves, I see the Alliance needing homes for the Night Elves, Worgen, and Gnomes. The Horde conversely needs homes for the Forsaken, Mag'har Orcs, and Goblins. So who goes where?

Alliance:
    - Worgen almost certainly are the easiest...give them back Gilneas. We just would need to add a way to clear out the plague infestation from the streets. It wouldn't be hard for Blizz to write some sort of scene to clean the place of Blight and give this land back to the Gilneans at long last.
    - Gnomes are the next easiest. Redo Operation Gnomeregan, only this time end it successfully and with a good cleanup crew. Change the dungeon instead into something where Thermaplugg or his child tries to break in and take it over. They then would wind up in Gnomeregan.
    - Night Elves are next. I know you've mentioned disagreeing with this idea as you like them in Kalimdor...but they've already been chased out. Sylvanas saw to that when she burned Teldrassil. Duskwood at least houses one of the remaining Great Trees which the Night Elves could build a civilization around. If not there, give them Tirisfal Glades and let their affinity for nature work to heal the land.
    - For Void Elves, I'm not so sure that Duskwood is even the best spot on the continent for them. Duskwood is filled with death, whereas they prefer Void. As we don't really have a great Void spot in the Eastern Kingdoms to my knowledge, the next best option is for them to take back a piece of their home which Alleria would feel a strong connection to...Windrunner Spire. This is a spot where they can connect to Telogrus as well, but they also would put a lot of pressure on the Blood Elves of Silvermoon just to the north.
    - If we're going to move the Lightforged off of the Vindicaar and onto steady land, we'll need somewhere very strong with the light. Light's Hope Chapel would be fitting, but that already has whatever remains of the Silver Hand Paladins there. But simply go about 100 paces east and you'll find an entire village from the Scarlet Crusade no longer in use, the Scarlet Enclave. The Lightforged could do wonders with that place. Plus, being right next to the ocean gives them a good spot to tie up and rest the Vindicaar (which you'd think would eventually need gas or something).

Horde:
    - Goblins have already more or less taken over the land of Azshara, so let's just fully finish giving them that land. Perhaps expand out Bilgewater Harbor as a full city or build a city-based area around Gallywix's Pleasure Palace.
    - Given the varied lands of AU Draenor, the Mag'har Orcs would seem to have no shortage of places on Kalimdor they can build a city. Expanding out and upgrading The Crossroads in the Barrens seems like a good fit for them, though we are somewhat crowding capital cities if we do that so close to Thunder Bluff and Orgrimmar. Otherwise, building out something in North Stonetalon/South Ashenvale might give a small Gorgrond-ish type feel.
    - The Forsaken are really the hardest to place here as there isn't a good land of death around Kalimdor. Darkshore and the Ruins of Teldrassil might be an interesting fit, building a new life out of the embers Sylvanas left. If you want to see Jaina go nuclear, you could have them take over the former Ruins of Theramore and build a new Undercity there. Or perhaps kick the Dwarves out of Bael Modan and build a strong Undercity within that complex.
    Night elves: Why do they need big tree to build aroung it? Suramar was former nelf city and no big tree inside it, Zin'azshari didn't have world tree too iirc. What they need is land, recources and manpower to build a new home or they can build some buildings in reclaimed Gilneas and call it home.

Lightforged: They have Vindicar, it is quite big and they can move it around so wherever they go they can have their home with them.

Now my outrage begins, you call goblins homeless when they have build a normal size city inside Azshara and is called Bilgewater Harabour and you didn't include Darkspears who have 3 huts inside Echo Isles, you ignorant. Darkspears got shorter end of a stick just like gnomes.

Btw. Ruins of Theramore could be perfect place for Forsaken (if blizzard will keep playable forsaken as reanimated human only). There are corpses to raise, this is a port city, good location.

Teldrassil was destroyed but they still hold on to parts of Kalimdor or else there wouldn't be a war waging across the continent. Same applies to the Eastern Kingdoms, which the Forsaken still have a diminished hold in as well as the Frostwolves and Revantusk tribe (among others).

There's also Hyjal, Winterspring and Moonglade, which are untouched by the Horde (and for good reason, no way Sylvanas wants to risk the wrath of the Ancients and risk alienating and/or even pushing the tauren and Darkspear out of the Horde).

10+ Year Old Account
    The Night elves would probably be better settled in the Hinterlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possible new home for the Nightelves?

- Hijal.
    - Feathermoon Stronghold.
    - Val'Sharah.
    - The dreamgate in Duskwood.
    - The dreamgate in Hinterlands.
    - Expanding Stormwind up the empty hills.

I personally would love to see them settle at the dreamgate in Hinterlands.

How it goes:
    There is a small war between the Wildhammers and the Revantusks there.
    Revantusks ask for help from other forest trolls and they join as well.
    The Nightelves see this as an opportunity to drive the Trolls off of the Hinterlands, and settle at the Dreamgate there.
    They Trolls eventually lose and leave.
    The Nightelves settle there, and teach the already nature-inclined Wildhammers about druidism.

Wildhammers and Forest Trolls as allied races.

- Forest Trolls have a different model than the other two trolls.
    - And the Wildhammers are supposed to be taller and stronger than the other two dwarves, plus tattoos.

Also, Aerie Peak or the new NE city dont even have to be proper cities.
    Just basic hubs like Gadzetzan and such.

I doubt they will give any allied races a new hub.

If Silvermoon gets updated, I could possibly see Void Elves getting some small hideout in the ruined part of the city.

i really think after this xpack we need a deacent world revamp. war will let scare, Horde conquest over Darkshore and maybe ashenval so i want see Horde building and Horde activities here. alliance must retake gilneas and working on the restauration of lordaeron. border have change races moved. why don't do that in THIS addon? with WQ everywhere in the world?

for the night elves they are a kalimdor races in my eyes eldre thalas is a good solution if Kalimdor = Horde so they must move eastern kingdom but i have no preferences
    Last edited by Niaraa; 2018-08-29 at 11:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know that for a second i though about actually allied race of homeless.

Man would i love to play real murder hobo.
    i want to be a pirate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

I've heard a lot of people talk about Duskwood being a good home for night elves (which I disagree with, I don't think night elves should ever leave Kalimdor) but I actually think Duskwood could potentially serve as a better home for void elves or even Deadwind Pass, Swamp of Sorrows or even the Blasted Lands (maybe built off the ruins of Surwich).

All of those zones have a dark, ominous tone which fit the void elves a lot. Couple that with a change in architecture (I kind of like the idea of the whispers of the void influencing the culture of the velves) and that could help further a distinction between void elves and other blood elves. Telogrus Rift is...okay, but it doesn't seem like a home, more of a training ground.

Can we stop fighting for elves to get new homes in human lands? Night elves have 15 zones tailored to them in Warcraft, only 10 of those are on Kalimdor, if they are kicked off there, they have 5 more, none are on the eastern kingdom mainland.

And we should be looking for void elves to get Quel'thalas which is their home or a unique one of their own, I would recommend Crsytalsomg Forest or build on Telogrus Rift, or Skyhold City, something not human. Hinterlands has high elven ties too. Elves love forests, so it would be a forestry area.

- - - Updated - - -

Alliance:

Horde:
    Night elves to take over broken isles
    Nightborne go to Kalimdor and set up in one of the 10 Night elven zones.
    Highmountain on Kalimdor in Stonetalon Mountain.
    Forsaken get Icecrown Citadel, Icecrown, Wintergrasp, Sholozaar Basin and Theramore ruins, Dustswallow Marsh.
    Void Elves get Crystal song forest and new void city in void expansion or Silvermoon gets shared
    Lightforged bring Auchindouin from AU Draenor with Lightbound who get converted.

Blizzard literally does zero work for this strategy, just story telling, only the void elves would need a new city if Silvermoon isn't shared, if it is, then no new work, just repurposing stuff already in game. Icecrown is an undead citadel, Suramar is a night elven city, Kalimdor are night elven zones for shal'dorei night elves. Auchindouin is already built and traffic does move from AU Draenor to Azeroth MU,

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry in advance for the long post...multi-quoted posts tend to go this way.

Quote Originally Posted by nerv234 View Post
    Night elves: Why do they need big tree to build aroung it? Suramar was former nelf city and no big tree inside it, Zin'azshari didn't have world tree too iirc. What they need is land, recources and manpower to build a new home or they can build some buildings in reclaimed Gilneas and call it home.
    They definitely could, I somewhat went back and forth between Duskwood and going up to Tirisfal and healing the land up there. However, I think that land, resources, and manpower are likely to be more plentiful in Duskwood. Given how close it is to Stormwind, it seems likely that the Alliance could easier spare a few hands to come help as well as resources within Stormwind. They could do this with Tirisfal as well, but the land there is still quite dead. Not to mention Greymane might fight for the resources there to go more towards Gilneas rather than rebuilding Tirisfal Glades.

Lightforged: They have Vindicar, it is quite big and they can move it around so wherever they go they can have their home with them.
    Definitely don't disagree there. I only included them and Void Elves due to the initial post by OP. It was more "as long as we're doing this, where would they fit?"

Now my outrage begins, you call goblins homeless when they have build a normal size city inside Azshara and is called Bilgewater Harabour and you didn't include Darkspears who have 3 huts inside Echo Isles, you ignorant. Darkspears got shorter end of a stick just like gnomes.
    Here, I disagree with you. Goblins really did get the full zone of Azshara, sure. And they do have Bilgewater Harbor as a possible spot...but there really isn't a Goblin home city within Azshara. Given that Gallywix has probably opted to keep his Pleasure Palace to himself and his parties, Bilgewater Harbor is the closest thing to a full city in Azshara that I can think of. It could quickly be expanded to be a full city, but it's not there yet. Now look at the Echo Isles, where you can fully see the Trolls taking that land back. It still needs work to be sure, but you could see in the Troll starting area how much work they've done with it in just a short amount of time. They fully own that land too, not like Bilgewater Harbor which has several Orcs around or Gnomeregan which the Gnomes really have nearly none of at this point.

Btw. Ruins of Theramore could be perfect place for Forsaken (if blizzard will keep playable forsaken as reanimated human only). There are corpses to raise, this is a port city, good location.
    Agreed. Just wasn't sure if there was enough left after the Mana Bomb. But otherwise, Theramore is probably the best place.

Teldrassil was destroyed but they still hold on to parts of Kalimdor or else there wouldn't be a war waging across the continent. Same applies to the Eastern Kingdoms, which the Forsaken still have a diminished hold in as well as the Frostwolves and Revantusk tribe (among others).

There's also Hyjal, Winterspring and Moonglade, which are untouched by the Horde (and for good reason, no way Sylvanas wants to risk the wrath of the Ancients and risk alienating and/or even pushing the tauren and Darkspear out of the Horde).
    Hyjal, Winterspring, and Moonglade are I thought watched over by non-Night Elf specific groups like the Cenarion Circle. Groups that given their varied membership would almost certainly not take a side in the Alliance/Horde war, lest they turn out like the Sunreavers in Dalaran. Beyond that though, the Night Elves don't really have a strong enough base to put up any sort of resistance at this point, particularly given how dwindled their numbers are post Teldrassil. That's not to say that they couldn't expand a small base into something bigger, but right now the numbers just aren't there IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Night elves to take over broken isles
    Nightborne go to Kalimdor and set up in one of the 10 Night elven zones.
    Highmountain on Kalimdor in Stonetalon Mountain.
    Forsaken get Icecrown Citadel, Icecrown, Wintergrasp, Sholozaar Basin and Theramore ruins, Dustswallow Marsh.
    Void Elves get Crystal song forest and new void city in void expansion or Silvermoon gets shared
    Lightforged bring Auchindouin from AU Draenor with Lightbound who get converted.

Blizzard literally does zero work for this strategy, just story telling, only the void elves would need a new city if Silvermoon isn't shared, if it is, then no new work, just repurposing stuff already in game. Icecrown is an undead citadel, Suramar is a night elven city, Kalimdor are night elven zones for shal'dorei night elves. Auchindouin is already built and traffic does move from AU Draenor to Azeroth MU,
    Curious, why would the Nightborne or Highmountain tribes leave their current homes in the Broken Isles? Also, do you think either the Forsaken or the Lich King would be happy with the Forsaken living in ICC? I get the sense both would be very uncomfortable with that arrangement, given the past history of the race.
    Last edited by AngerFork; 2018-08-29 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Adding in ravenmoon's quote.

Duskwood has one of the gateways to the Emerald Dream and has since always been a place populated by worgen lost to the curse. There's forests, beasts and it's gloomy both at day and night. It's a great place for night elves to settle into, as is Silverpine and Gilneas.

It makes sense that the void elves don't properly settle anywhere on Azeroth. Their rift is great for them because it allows them to further tap into the powers of the void, to train and study. Imagine having a city of void-using elves on Azeroth and just how many things could go wrong. Setting them up right next to a gateway to the Emerald Dream is a recipe for disaster.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-08-29 at 05:09 PM.