Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    The only stand-alone class from that list to me seems like tinker.

The others would maybe be better off with something like a sub-spec.

Mage > Battle mage(melee)
    Rogue > Warden
    Warrior > Blademaster
    Death Knight > Necromancer
    Hunter > Dark Ranger
    Shaman > Earth Warder(tank)
    Demon Hunter > Ranged spec
    Warlock > no idea something melee?
    Monk > Ranged dps spec

Paladin and priest are tricky though.
    I think warlocks will be the necromancers. They dabble in dark magic too.

Priests need a mage-type of spec, bring back CoP playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    Paladin and priest are tricky though.
    Shockadin!

Next clasd must be mail armored!

From all that classes i rly hope for warden and i don't understand why legion haven't brought 2 classes dhs and wardens

First let me give you a brotherly fist bumb because you mentioned the Blademaster. Cheers!
    I see Tinker a bit earlier. Blizz just cant resist a class that will be able to throw grenades on allies to heal them. Or shot them to heal them. Or let a chicken run to them to heal them. Also the idea of a Gnome/Goblin calling down a Veronica like Hulkbuster would just be gold. Plus, he also could be a new range class. With shooting turrets and stuff. I also think that new classes will come, new 4th specs wont stop that, this could be combined.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

I believe there won't be a next class, but the equivalent of allied races for classes. There will be a fourth spec added to each class that you have to meet some criteria to unlock. For example, to unlock the chronomancer spec for mages, you have to do a scenario at level X where your mage saves Chromie and the dragons teach you time magic.

My reasons are:

1) a new class would mean Legion would be hella awkward without a class order hall. New specs would still have a class hall they could use for leveling and doing old content. If they let the new class start post legion and the class wanted to go back and do Legion content for fun, how would that even work?

2) They have trimmed enough abilities over the years that they could create plenty of new specs without even designing too many new abilities.

3) It's easier to create a spec because the theme is already set with the class, IE creating a new mage spec is easier than creating a new class because you already have a base set of skills established for a mage and you know they will be cloth wearing spell casters.

4) There are millions of specs already made that fit classes that exist (dark rangers, sentinels, blademasters, gladiators, etc) that just need some expanding on.

5) They could slowly add new specs over an expansion, similar to allied races, as the story progressed. They wouldn't have to finish them all at once, but could do it over time. Sure it would suck to not have your class's new spec till the last patch, but you would already be progressed on that character and wouldn't have to reroll a new class or race.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Imagine the Tinker class, now reimagine it as an Artificer now that Azerite has appeared and more of the planet has been revealed as the machine/magitek that it is.

You could easily extrapolate a new arcane class that uses ancient Azerothian Engines and technology instead of spells.

The infusion of magic would help distinguish it from engineering, assuming people still level professions...
    This has always been what I would want from a Tinker class, if anything.

Not just straight "engineering but it's a class now" but incorporating Titan technology and now Azerite.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Give Horde Shadow Hunter and give Alliance Tinkerer. Lets call it a day at that.

I feel like with the idea of a tinker class, one big reason they have yet to be a playable class is the idea of a mech suit itself.

Do you make it a permanent thing or a summon? If it is permanent shouldn't it have at or close to a mount's ground speed? But then you run into issues with in-combat and PVP.

I have personally moved from "tinkers are stupid and will never happen" to "tinkers are awkward, but I can see potential".

As far as adding additional specs to existing classes, as someone else already pointed out, the balancing issues are already bad, adding 12 or so new specs would be a nightmare.

I think the best solution for those wanting to play variations on a class could be achieved through talents, toys, and potions. For example, a ret paladin who wants to use void instead of the light. Do a short questline, yadda yadda yadda, get an item that converts all the abilities and action bar to be void-ish instead of light-ish. The abilities and effects are exactly the same, its all cosmetic differences.

Same for a Dark Ranger marksmanship hunter spec. Do a quest, get item that makes everything all dark and broody but the damage and effects remain the same.

Sure, it will take some development time and resources, but adding items that change the feel of a class while keeping the abilities and damage the same would be much less time consuming than adding entire specs or classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandin View Post
    I'll be honest, having just started questing in Stormsong Valley, I'm much more interested in a water-based DPS or healing spec for Mages as their 4th spec right now.
    I think they would have a time based spec where they reverse time to heal damage done with some barriers to prevent damage as well with maybe one spam-able but moderate heal.

Dear God there better not be another fel expansion I'm good with the green legion had too much on it's own. I'm 90% sure they wont even make another class they are such shit at balancing and getting classes to play. It could be possible if they actually read good feedback but they dont because they think they know everything. When they really really really dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    Same for a Dark Ranger marksmanship hunter spec. Do a quest, get item that makes everything all dark and broody but the damage and effects remain the same
    Well Dark Ranger still has a chance to become a hero class, it is death themed so it works on that level and it has enough abilities to pick from that it would be viable. We also know for a fact you do not have to be an Elf to become one now and Nathanos is training a new Generation of them who are just regular forsaken for Sylvanas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQwz...youtu.be&t=227

Listen to what she says and you can see them, she does not say Dark Ranger, but we have to assume they are.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2018-08-29 at 06:26 PM.

You want to know how Tinkers can be implemented in a cool way?

Three new specs. Titan/Azerite inspired. One tank, one DPS, one healer. The existing classes each get one of these new Titan specs to shore up a spec they are missing. The tank spec can be a Tinker like spec where you pilot Titanic machinery enhanced by your class' base talents.

I wish would people would stop asking for a necromancer. We have a death knight. /the end.

To all the ones saying yeah we had warlock and then demon hunters: do you not see there is a world of difference. Warlocks had exactly 1 spell in common with DH: metamorphosis. Everything else a DH doesnt. The only common thing is their ties to demons...

An unholy dk is exactly a necromancer: rising minions, controlling undead, spreading diseases. How a DH plays now is 100% different than what a warlock did. A necromancer can only come if they do a complete overhaul of unholy. But what would the class then be if you give their current playstyle to a necromancer. Yeah nothing.
    Last edited by Pufster; 2018-08-29 at 06:24 PM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pufster View Post
    I wish would people would stop asking for a necromancer. We have a death knight. /the end.

To all the ones saying yeah we had warlock and then demon hunters: do you not see there is a world of difference. Warlocks had exactly 1 spell in common with DH: metamorphosis. Everything else a DH doesnt. The only common thing is their ties to demons...

An unholy dk is exactly a necromancer: rising minions, controlling undead, spreading diseases. How a DH plays now is 100% different than what a warlock did. A necromancer can only come if they do a complete overhaul of unholy. But what would the class then be if you give their current playstyle to a necromancer. Yeah nothing.
    i rather have blizzard rework some specs, i mean some classes have 3 melees, while others have 3 range, really unnecessary.

for example i rather see unholy dk reworked into necromancer and become range for example, +1 range -1 melee, and one of the rogue specs becomes range wielding pistol for example, -1 melee 1+ range.

i mean this game is in need for less melee more range, and some specs are just flat out stepping on other specs identity.

i personally love to see some specs rework/merge into better vision, less specs, more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    i rather have blizzard rework some specs, i mean some classes have 3 melees, while others have 3 range, really unnecessary.

for example i rather see unholy dk reworked into necromancer and become range for example, +1 range -1 melee, and one of the rogue specs becomes range wielding pistol for example, -1 melee 1+ range.

i mean this game is in need for less melee more range, and some specs are just flat out stepping on other specs identity.

i personally love to see some specs rework/merge into better vision, less specs, more balanced.
    To be honest all the specs a DK has represent aspects of Necromancy, the are Necromantic Warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe given the emergence of Gazlowe and Gelbin as racial leaders who pilot mechs in Legion and now BFA, I think its pretty clear that a Tinker class is in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    I feel like with the idea of a tinker class, one big reason they have yet to be a playable class is the idea of a mech suit itself.

Do you make it a permanent thing or a summon? If it is permanent shouldn't it have at or close to a mount's ground speed? But then you run into issues with in-combat and PVP.

I have personally moved from "tinkers are stupid and will never happen" to "tinkers are awkward, but I can see potential".
    Make it permanent, similar to Druid forms. A Tinker could utilize their mech suit as a mount just like a Druid shifts into mounted forms. For example, you could have "pilot mode" where it is the Tinker out of their mech suit, similar to the caster form within the druid class. "Standard Mode" which is the Gnome or Goblin simply sitting in the mech suit, and that mode would also be their combat mode. This mode would be similar to Bear or Cat form. You could also have a mode for ground, water or air transportation which you would shift into just like druids have the Elk, Bird, and Seal forms.

No issues.

Ranger, or nothing please.

We need a real legitimate physical ranged class with no pets
    What other game based on medieval combat has no real archer class?
    "Omg hunter with lone wolf" nope, still extremely based around the pet aspect, also lone wolf hunters have no real ability to solo things, its quite possibly the worst solo class as it has no tank, no ability to mitigate damage and no legitimate self heal either. Pet is practically required for any harsh solo situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I believe given the emergence of Gazlowe and Gelbin as racial leaders who pilot mechs in Legion and now BFA, I think its pretty clear that a Tinker class is in the pipeline.

Make it permanent, similar to Druid forms. A Tinker could utilize their mech suit as a mount just like a Druid shifts into mounted forms. For example, you could have "pilot mode" where it is the Tinker out of their mech suit, similar to the caster form within the druid class. "Standard Mode" which is the Gnome or Goblin simply sitting in the mech suit, and that mode would also be their combat mode. This mode would be similar to Bear or Cat form. You could also have a mode for ground, water or air transportation which you would shift into just like druids have the Elk, Bird, and Seal forms.

No issues.
    Tinker will not make sense with the engineering profession as has been said several times in the past, also it would play way too much like existing classes namely druid if they went into extensive use of mechs.
    Ranger is the perfect class to add to WoW,.

Azerite-themed tinker class sounds awesome and fitting for next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    dryad
    dryad
    dryad ffs!
    give me poison and shit! but mostly poison!
    ranged deeps, melee deeps and healer and shit, but mostly deeps deeps and healer.
    I'd play a male orc dryad.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I think that the Engineer profession could provide the Tinker spec for a character.

Imagine it: You learn the profession, and now you can change your spec to Tinker. Every class would be able to do it. Weird, but it's just an idea.