Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    At least you can tell the MMO-C guys have brains
    Not all of them, not by a long shot
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Reddit as a whole is shit. Any website where you can effectively silence opinions you don't like via down voting is shit.

Here is a simple illustration of the difference between MMO-C and reddit.

A post for MMO-C (it's just an illustration, don't bother searching for it, the post does not exist):

-------
    Recent change to the AH which bumps the deposit by 20% of the asking price of a single item is bad. First, it applies to all materials and not just BFA so have fun posting khorium, the deposit is too large because khorium is expensive and you are likely going to lose it because the material is moving slowly. Second, it ... . Third, it .... . Finally, ... . This is just a bad change, hastily done. It has to be reverted.
    -------

The same post for reddit:

-------
    It's so good to be seeing changes to the AH! We waited for them for a long time, thanks a lot, Blizzard. Overall, I think changes are moving in the right direction. Reducing the number of single stacks should help make the AH perform a bit better. (No offense to those who are posting single stacks, obviously there are plenty of reasons to use them, it's just some uses that seem too aggressive which should perhaps be reduced a bit.) I will measure and report AH times on my realm later, eager to do so. Just one small thing that I think could be improved: the current change applies a deposit to old materials and some of these old materials are both slow and expensive. So, for example, with khorium ... . So, I think maybe that particular part should be scaled back a bit. But other than that, great change!
    -------

I hope the difference is clear enough. In the first post I am saying what I want to say. In the second post I am trying to gain or at least not lose karma, end up saying only part of what I want to say and spend 90% of the words on coating it.

That's all.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-08-29 at 07:14 PM.

Shadowbans haven't been a thing on reddit in ages. 2015 maybe? They just outright ban you now. If you're down voted enough you can't post as often. If you've been shadow banned it was done long ago.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Official forums: Na'Zi mods banning anyone who doesn't lick Blizz's rear, polite as it can be.

Reddit: same as the official forums, but on steroids. The amount of bootlickers trying to gain karma points is a sad, sad spectacle.

MMO-C: has its issues, but it's nowhere as bad as the other places. White knights don't have it as easy, so they QQ to no end. Which I must say that is a big bonus for me
    I don't know where people get this impression of the official forums. I've gone rounds with Blizzard on several occasions there and a couple of times have even gotten Blue responses for issues. It's certainly true that it's more heavily moderated than the other two, but that doesn't limit what you can discuss, just how you discuss it (except account action, but no one actually cares why you got banned anyway). I don't like it because the players there are typically so bad at the game, and a lot of the complaints are usually so trivial I just end up rolling my eyes.

Agreed on the other two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but your opinions would have to be seriously, and I mean SERIOUSLY controversial if you got banned from reddit for them. You don't get banned just like that for voicing controversial opinions on reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Here is a simple illustration of the difference between MMO-C and reddit.

A post for MMO-C (it's just an illustration, don't bother searching for it, the post does not exist):

-------
    Recent change to the AH which bumps the deposit by 20% of the asking price of a single item is bad. First, it applies to all materials and not just BFA so have fun posting khorium, the deposit is too large because khorium is expensive and you are likely going to lose it because the material is moving slowly. Second, it ... . Third, it .... . Finally, ... . This is just a bad change, hastily done. It has to be reverted.
    -------

The same post for reddit:

-------
    It's so good to be seeing changes to the AH! We waited for them for a long time, thanks a lot, Blizzard. Overall, I think changes are moving in the right direction. Reducing the number of single stacks should help make the AH perform a bit better. (No offense to those who are posting single stacks, obviously there are plenty of reasons to use them, it's just some uses that seem too aggressive which should perhaps be reduced a bit.) I will measure and report AH times on my realm later, eager to do so. Just one small thing that I think could be improved: the current change applies a deposit to old materials and some of these old materials are both slow and expensive. So, for example, with khorium ... . So, I think maybe that particular part should be scaled back a bit. But other than that, great change!
    -------

I hope the difference is clear enough. In the first post I am saying what I want to say. In the second post I am trying to gain or at least not lose karma, end up saying only part of what I want to say and spend 90% of the words on coating it.

That's all.
    That's why I installed a script that hides all karma count. Helps me voice my opinion without a sugar coated filter. That said, you don't have to sugar coat your opinion THAT much to the point where you're hiding your real opinion. There are a few replies on this post https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...f_the_ah_ouch/ which are critical of the change and have positive karma score. I mean why bother commenting if you don't end up voicing your real opinion.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2018-08-29 at 07:50 PM.

I like more this place because i can post my no popular stance and dont get downvoted to oblivion which gave a penalty of 10 min per comment