Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just recently I’ve noticed a ton of players in my shards now whereas before I barely ever saw anyone. Every day after 120 and I’d barely be seeing anyone and now (started ~2 days ago) I’m seeing a ton of people from my server alone. I’m not sure if they changed anything and this was a common complaint here so I wasn’t the only one but damn I love it. Feels great doing WQs now and seeing tons of people.

As for Asmongold, I used to watch his streams a ton but haven’t really watched any recently (or any at all sadly) but he complains about the game a lot so that’s not really something new. I’d much rather he point out obvious flaws (like the lag issue) since he has the platform to make shit like that noticeable which he does like in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    >irrelevant streamer
    >literally one of the biggest streamers on twitch
    Considering streamers are part responsible for the degradation of games they're all equally irrelevant.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

The hamsters wont survive with that kind of abuse

Blizzard is a small indie developer. Cut them some slack.

Also keep in mind that warmode was announced as a big feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Blizzard doesnt give a shit anymore about WoW, the current WoW team only exist for "maintenance" and they have a skeleton crew developing "new" content, i thought that was common knowledge.

Most of their server farms are probably for the other games right now.
    "Skeleton crew developing content".

Oxymoron much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rides mount across bridge without doing anything else, nothing happens on screen.

"This is so fucking awesome."

Sure it was
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What is embarrassing part? That it is Asmon? That he's whining once more? That there is whining about an already known latency problem? Embarrassing that people enjoy WPvP? That they are disrupting gameplay for others, which could just be avoided by the others turning off PvP? Or that he's trying to be funny?
    What is wrong with you? It is shambolic for a server to suffer that amount of lag and utterly embarrassing in an expansion that supposed to "reignite the ancient war between Alliance and Horde".

Quote Originally Posted by xxdprussxx View Post
    I blame the world quest add ons for server instability
    i blame blizzard to not working on their servers to not make it more fluid, they prefer to try to block those addon than spending some money on their server, i mean, its not like they are not freaking rich with the game already

Can we up the post count requirement for creating new threads to stop these veiled streamer plugs?

Oh come on... The fact there was this lagg is a real problem... I know you guys love to hate on Asmongold, but clearly something needs to be done to smooth out the lagg that sharding and cross realm puts on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Oh come on... The fact there was this lagg is a real problem... I know you guys love to hate on Asmongold, but clearly something needs to be done to smooth out the lagg that sharding and cross realm puts on the server.
    No, this is mmo-champion where every thread containing legit criticism gets derailed instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What is embarrassing part? That it is Asmon? That he's whining once more? That there is whining about an already known latency problem? Embarrassing that people enjoy WPvP? That they are disrupting gameplay for others, which could just be avoided by the others turning off PvP? Or that he's trying to be funny?
    Embracing is you Blizzard white knighting. It was simple 40 man raid and server couldn't handle it. Just fcking 40 man. I had raids in 60+ people back in TBC and it was okay even without sharding. Currently BFA can't handle fcking 40+ man city raids.

Shame Blizzard.

What's the deal with OP's trend of opening a thread with just one line of text and some kind of bait-y title.
    Also... Asmongold's whining. That's so out of the ordinary I can't believe how Blizz is making him whine like this, oh no.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    No, this is mmo-champion where every thread containing legit criticism gets derailed instantly.
    Can't live with MMO Champion's legions of Blizzard white knights.

I honestly surprised how many people there are blindly defend the game no matter what.

Interesting sharding promotes smaller groups but a single shard can held lots of players

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    Considering streamers are part responsible for the degradation of games they're all equally irrelevant.
    Funny statement considering its irony. People like you (sorry if i'm wrong) are the reason for degradation of games. People who eat shit, smile and ask for more.

Critic is important part but when its ignored behind fanboyism wall sorry its just clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Knight View Post
    Embracing is you Blizzard white knighting. It was simple 40 man raid and server couldn't handle it. Just fcking 40 man. I had raids in 60+ people back in TBC and it was okay even without sharding. Currently BFA can't handle fcking 40+ man city raids.

Shame Blizzard.
    It's possible a previous suggestion that availability of cross-realm raids + some aspect of sharding may have contributed to the lag. Your TBC raids where before even shared servers. Now we have multiple servers across multiple regions talking to each other and bouncing data around while accepting tons of inputs from players. Sharding was developed specifically to combat that, however open world raids prevent that technology from optimizing resources....and bam. Lag. (at least I think that's how it works)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    What is wrong with you? It is shambolic for a server to suffer that amount of lag and utterly embarrassing in an expansion that supposed to "reignite the ancient war between Alliance and Horde".
    I wasn't really defending lag, I was merely pointing out multiple topics of the boring video that could occur as embarrassing as well, since it wasn't really a constructed post in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Knight View Post

Shame Blizzard.
    Don't know what I find the most amusing but I'll look past your failed attempt at an insult.

Battle For Azeroth, depending on the location, has had various situations of increased latency for the player's side unknown reasons - Blizzard HAS addressed this to be an issue. It doesn't go further. You still have examples of 40+ people raiding the other cities without lag. And larger examples where the lag Asmon experienced have first occurred for some groups that exceeded 200+ people. We can call out so much by the examples are just not matching up. You have situations where phasing HELPS the players and you have some where phasing causes problems for the players.

It is shit but you would've known that server instability would be a thing for the first month of release as well. Nothing new on that part. Your TBC experience can't be compared to recent experiences anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, it is true to be a problem. Sadly, all we do currently is bringing it to the B.net forum and get the message, 'we know, work in progress' basically.

And yeah, don't like Asmon in the first place but doesn't hide that there is lag.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Reported for spreading conspiracy theories.

The last time we got any insight into the team's size, was this photo from not even a year ago:

Don't use terms that you clearly do not understand, such as "skeleton crew" and "maintenance". Thank you.
    Looks like hes wrong and you are right!
    So we can conclude that even with all that resource at Blizzard's disposal the server performance was still utter toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I'm certain we would all love a 100% lag free, never and problems ever, game. But some of us just aren't going to be angry at Blizz for not jumping out of their boots in order to address a very unique use case. What you are facing is a minority of players that would participate in a 40 man pvp raid, of a minority that world pvp, vs a great majority that this will never impact.